over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Synthetine/L-Carnitine - Hypo feeling/Androgen receptor upregulation

MyoPlasia

Registered
Hi all,

I weren't really sure how to optimally word the title to get the main points across but had a go! I wanted to hear other peoples opinions or finds on two l-carnitine questions.

there has been a fair few threads over the years on synthetine but they havnt covered what I want to ask (from what ive read) and with synthetek being a big sponsor on this board - why the hell not?!!

okay so first point - Hypo feeling 2 minutes after injection? anybody else experienced this? I did a run last year (3 bottles worth I think) I liked the results and decided to run again, but I never got this feeling last time?

second question - androgen receptor upregulation.... there have been studies backing these claims up, and it has been mentioned on here once or twice; but nobody has ever quantified it or talked about it at length - has anybody noticed a cycle became more effective with injectable l-carnitine addition? if it can do this effectively it is no doubt a very effective tool for a BB.

FYI - I am just 3 days into synthtine - injecting pre or post workout with carbs - 5ml/1000mg subQ split into 4 shots. (I ran it this way last year).

Hi all,

I weren't really sure how to optimally word the title to get the main points across but had a go! I wanted to hear other peoples opinions or finds on two l-carnitine questions.

there has been a fair few threads over the years on synthetine but they havnt covered what I want to ask (from what ive read) and with synthetek being a big sponsor on this board - why the hell not?!!

okay so first point - Hypo feeling 2 minutes after injection? anybody else experienced this? I did a run last year (3 bottles worth I think) I liked the results and decided to run again, but I never got this feeling last time?

second question - androgen receptor upregulation.... there have been studies backing these claims up, and it has been mentioned on here once or twice; but nobody has ever quantified it or talked about it at length - has anybody noticed a cycle became more effective with injectable l-carnitine addition? if it can do this effectively it is no doubt a very effective tool for a BB.

FYI - I am just 3 days into synthtine - injecting pre or post workout with carbs - 5ml/1000mg subQ split into 4 shots. (I ran it this way last year).

1) What else are you taking with it...Have never felt hypo myself when using it nor have anyone I know felt that way?!

2) Yes, I believe it is much more effective while on cycle...At least that is what I have noticed.....

ive just started a sust cycle. that's all im on, nothing else. no insulin.
its been immediately following the shots 3 days in a row - not anything else.

also, theyre leaving the site very sore for 24 hours after the shot. I first thought I just had a bruise from hitting a vein but its been 3 times now and my stomach feels so sore. this didn't happen with the other bottles either... its very weird.

and I meant in terms of the synthetine making the AAS cycle more effective because of the receptor upregulation, rather than the other way around?

Hi all,

It is widely recommended to consume protein with carbohydrate after a workout because it stimulates protein synthesis and enhances glycogen resynthesis. This is due in part to the anabolic hormone response created by protein and carbohydrate, most notably the increase in insulin. However, contrary to what you might think, several studies have shown that the anabolic hormone testosterone in the blood is actually decreased when food is consumed after resistance exercise. The reason for this decrease in circulating levels is not known, but it could be due to a decrease in the rate testosterone is made and/or an increase in testosterone uptake into tissues. If greater uptake in muscle is the explanation, this is actually a good response because it means more testosterone is acting on muscle to stimulate growth. In order for testosterone to be taken up, it has to bind to an androgen receptor. The androgen receptor is critical in order for testosterone to elicit its anabolic effects. No matter how much testosterone you have, if it does not bind with androgen receptors in muscle then the testosterone will not promote growth. In a recent study in our laboratory, subjects who consumed a protein and carbohydrate shake after a bout of resistance exercise experienced a greater reduction in testosterone as expected, but this was also associated with a greater increase in androgen receptor content. So the conclusion was that consuming protein and carbs after a workout had a positive effect on testosterone by increasing the amount of androgen receptors in muscle. The study also looked at the effects of carnitine supplementation on testosterone and androgen receptors because prior work has shown carnitine may play a role in regulation of testosterone level and its biological effects. Carnitine did not result in a greater exercise-induced androgen receptor response, but it did result in greater androgen receptors at rest (before exercise). When you consider what is going into muscle, the findings indicate that carnitine helps increase androgen receptors before exercise, whereas protein and carbohydrate enhanced post-exercise androgen receptors.

Kraemer WJ, et al. Effects of L-carnitine-L-tartrate supplementation on testosterone and muscle androgen receptor content after resistance exercise. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, Washington D.C., April, 2004. Abstract #851.8.

ive just started a sust cycle. that's all im on, nothing else. no insulin.
its been immediately following the shots 3 days in a row - not anything else.

also, theyre leaving the site very sore for 24 hours after the shot. I first thought I just had a bruise from hitting a vein but its been 3 times now and my stomach feels so sore. this didn't happen with the other bottles either... its very weird.

and I meant in terms of the synthetine making the AAS cycle more effective because of the receptor upregulation, rather than the other way around?

It lower blood sugar levels in blood, low blood sugar = hypoglycemia

Looks like Emeric answered that question!

It is widely recommended to consume protein with carbohydrate after a workout because it stimulates protein synthesis and enhances glycogen resynthesis. This is due in part to the anabolic hormone response created by protein and carbohydrate, most notably the increase in insulin. However, contrary to what you might think, several studies have shown that the anabolic hormone testosterone in the blood is actually decreased when food is consumed after resistance exercise. The reason for this decrease in circulating levels is not known, but it could be due to a decrease in the rate testosterone is made and/or an increase in testosterone uptake into tissues. If greater uptake in muscle is the explanation, this is actually a good response because it means more testosterone is acting on muscle to stimulate growth. In order for testosterone to be taken up, it has to bind to an androgen receptor. The androgen receptor is critical in order for testosterone to elicit its anabolic effects. No matter how much testosterone you have, if it does not bind with androgen receptors in muscle then the testosterone will not promote growth. In a recent study in our laboratory, subjects who consumed a protein and carbohydrate shake after a bout of resistance exercise experienced a greater reduction in testosterone as expected, but this was also associated with a greater increase in androgen receptor content. So the conclusion was that consuming protein and carbs after a workout had a positive effect on testosterone by increasing the amount of androgen receptors in muscle. The study also looked at the effects of carnitine supplementation on testosterone and androgen receptors because prior work has shown carnitine may play a role in regulation of testosterone level and its biological effects. Carnitine did not result in a greater exercise-induced androgen receptor response, but it did result in greater androgen receptors at rest (before exercise). When you consider what is going into muscle, the findings indicate that carnitine helps increase androgen receptors before exercise, whereas protein and carbohydrate enhanced post-exercise androgen receptors.

Kraemer WJ, et al. Effects of L-carnitine-L-tartrate supplementation on testosterone and muscle androgen receptor content after resistance exercise. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, Washington D.C., April, 2004. Abstract #851.8.

Great bit of information to know!

Thank you for that info emeric. Your quick response on the blood sugar - what is lowering the blood sugar? Also i am having 50g fast acting carbs with it.

I used the exact same method for 3 months last year. No hypo feeling. Not once. There were even times i ran it without carbs last time. No hypo then either

I say your insulin receptors are getting shot, and your 50g of carbs on an empty stomach cause a spike.

Thank you for that info emeric. Your quick response on the blood sugar - what is lowering the blood sugar? Also i am having 50g fast acting carbs with it.

I used the exact same method for 3 months last year. No hypo feeling. Not once. There were even times i ran it without carbs last time. No hypo then either

Replace your fast acting carb with complex carbs.

I've actually yet to try this protocol with Synthetine. Definitely going to give it a
go. Great info here.

I've actually yet to try this protocol with Synthetine. Definitely going to give it a
go. Great info here.

It helped alot with staying/getting leaner - i noticed the difference when i came off it. This time im not dieting and using higher test so am interested to see if it enhances the test at all. The fact that you can bang it all subQ rather than IM is nice too

Kinda O/T...

Any difference between the l-carnitine in Synthetine and l-carnitine l-tartrate?

Kinda O/T...

Any difference between the l-carnitine in Synthetine and l-carnitine l-tartrate?

I'm pretty sure l-tartrate is a powder while Synthetine is an injectable...IMO, injectable is always better as it doesn't have to make the first pass through the stomach, so you're not losing any of it's effectiveness...Also, all powders have fillers and other unneeded garbage added to them, most giving a bloated, gassy feeling afterwards.....

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure l-tartrate is a powder while Synthetine is an injectable...IMO, injectable is always better as it doesn't have to make the first pass through the stomach, so you're not losing any of it's effectiveness...Also, all powders have fillers and other unneeded garbage added to them, most giving a bloated, gassy feeling afterwards.....

Got it, thank you.

On the subject of synthetek who has used the synthergine before?

Does anybody notice a difference in the colour and concentration? I have had many bottles now over the course of a year and it dosnt seem consistant. Ive had bottles with fluid so dark u can barely read the syringe. And then bottles that look so pale u can clearly see through it.

Whats the deal? The effectiveness seems to be relative to the colour (ive had regular blood tests for liver values over the past 12 months)

as soon as funds are available I want to try both.
There's some good info here

On the subject of synthetek who has used the synthergine before?

Does anybody notice a difference in the colour and concentration? I have had many bottles now over the course of a year and it dosnt seem consistant. Ive had bottles with fluid so dark u can barely read the syringe. And then bottles that look so pale u can clearly see through it.

Whats the deal? The effectiveness seems to be relative to the colour (ive had regular blood tests for liver values over the past 12 months)

Until late last year, Synthergine was always brown in colour. That was due to one of the ingredients. Since then, that ingredient has been made available even purer, so it doesn't colour the solution anymore, so it's all clear.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws