over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

T3 with or without food

TheSteamboat

Registered
Newbies
Seen lots of debate on this and haven’t been able to find studies.

We know T4 is very sensitive to food, but I’ve seen in the actual cytomel pamphlet it seems to be fine with or without food.

Out of habit, I take it empty stomach with or without T4 an hour+ before first meal.

I always take it on an empty stomach, at least 1 hr before consuming a meal or shake.

theoretically you can take T3 with food, but the question is - why?
Experimenting with splitting the dose currently. So not “with food”, but when eating every 2 hours it’s hard to have what would be classified as an empty stomach!

I’m glad to see this thread.
I’ve been avoiding getting on t3 because I don’t feel like the hassle of taking it on an empty stomach.
I read one time a guy was saying even if you put cream in your coffee that would block the t3 from being absorbed

And I like my coffee with oatmilk asap once my eyes are open in the morning

Well I’ll probably hop on it now with some Clen just to lean out a bit

this is referred to as 'the blind leading the blind'
In his defense, it’s a very common misconception since synthetic t4 is so sensitive and many lump them together. Most doctors (and even my prescription t3 from the pharmacy) say to take t3 on an empty stomach. I don’t however, and have never had issues.

In his defense, it’s a very common misconception since synthetic t4 is so sensitive and many lump them together. Most doctors (and even my prescription t3 from the pharmacy) say to take t3 on an empty stomach. I don’t however, and have never had issues.

It would be good if people took the time to research the subject before answering questions though

It’s a lost art

It would be good if people took the time to research the subject before answering questions though

It’s a lost art
If you research, answers are pretty split 50/50 online because of the reason you said; blind leading blind, plus many medical experts even recommending it be taken fasted. Literally first thing that comes up when you google it is Cleveland clinic saying it should be taken fasted 😂

Most will likely recommend administering it like their doctor tells them to

I honestly tried to divide the dose of t3 into AM/PM but I didn't notice any difference at all compared to when I dosed only in the morning on an empty stomach, so I stay with this method and recommend taking t3/t4 in the morning before cardio on an empty stomach or if someone doesn't do cardio on an empty stomach, then in the middle at night when we get up to pee

Experimenting with splitting the dose currently. So not “with food”, but when eating every 2 hours it’s hard to have what would be classified as an empty stomach!
Personally this is what I do and I know a lot of other people do it to. I just take both my T3 and T4 when I wake up to use the restroom in the middle of the night because that is the only time I am not eating. I find this works best for me.

Personally this is what I do and I know a lot of other people do it too. I just take both my T3 and T4 when I wake up to use the restroom in the middle of the night because that is the only time I am not eating. I find this works best for me.
Yep, this is what I have been doing with them.

Seeing as there is evidence that food affects the absorption of T4, I am inclined to think this is likely similar for T3. That being said, the real question is: does this translate to any noticeable effect in the results bodybuilders are using it for? Probably not any significant effect, IMO.

Out of habit, I take it empty stomach with or without T4 an hour+ before first meal.
Same here to a T, you’ll feel your previous T3 doses best in am too or I do. As I’m tapering up or down I do some of it by feel. Remember the half life for t3 is 2.5 days and synthroid I think is either 5 or 7 days so it stacks up on you fast.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws