over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taking a break for a while.

drillbit369

Registered
Hey guys. Currently I am a competitor in men's physique. I've only been competing for about a year and a half. I want to move to the bodybuilding class. I hate the board shorts and the whole smile and quarter turns. I feel like I'm in a damn beauty pageant (it pretty much is lol). My plans are to do one last show this year. After this show I want to drop all supplements for a while. I really need a break. I'm only in my mid 20's so I have decent amount of testosterone in my body to grow. My question is with a clean bulk for the next couple years and heavy/intense lifting ie squats and dead lifts main focus should I be able to make decent gains without supplements?

Anyone can make gains in years with consistency and a great diet. But like already asked, without gear or did you mean normal supplements? Id suggest you need protein, carbs, amines, multi...

I meant without anything hormonal. Ph's, AAS's,SARMS ect... Obviously I'll be taking the basics multi, bcaa, and all that. Sorry for not being specific.

All depends on how close to your natural genetic limit you are, or if you have surpassed it already with AAS etc.

Yeah... I'm not genetically gifted in the first place. I can shred up and have abs all day long. My hard part is keeping mass. If I could be 215lbs 9-10% body fat natty I will be extremely satisfied. I'm hoping with enough hard work and dedication I can pull it off in the next couple years.

Last edited:
What are your stats now?
Yeah... I'm not genetically gifted in the first place. I can shred up and have abs all day long. My hard part is keeping mass. If I could be 215lbs 9-10% body fat natty I will be extremely satisfied. I'm hoping with enough hard work and dedication I can pull it off in the next couple years.

Right now I'm precontest not even a month out. 5'9 190lbs at roughly 6-7% bf right now.

Hard to stay that lean with out the gear. Nutrition as you know is a big factor
Right now I'm precontest not even a month out. 5'9 190lbs at roughly 6-7% bf right now.

Hard to stay that lean with out the gear. Nutrition as you know is a big factor

Yeah it definitely is. It's definitely a good goal to set at least. I'm really looking forward to be natty for a while. I just hope I can keep my motivation as high as it has been the past couple years. It's going to be tough mentally for sure ,but it's something I feel I need to do.

Post up a picture, that might tell us more. I would say that if you haven't already been lifting heavy and hard, constantly pushing to move more weight, that you will make some great gains. I started lifting seriously when I was about 16 yrs old and made steady gains naturally up to the age of 29.

I think you seriously can. I unadvisably started taking gear at about 20, stopped at 23 for a few years and was able to make considerable gains over the next 3-4 years while keeping lean. I was clearly not at my limit when I started gear. It definitely depends on genetics but if your not so worried about staying to lean, you can make some serious strength and size gains with good training and dieting in my opinion.

Post up a picture, that might tell us more. I would say that if you haven't already been lifting heavy and hard, constantly pushing to move more weight, that you will make some great gains. I started lifting seriously when I was about 16 yrs old and made steady gains naturally up to the age of 29.

That's good to hear. I am definitely pushing hard. i seem to always get stuck at around 195lbs naturally. I would post up for you guys but I just feel uneasy about doing it on certain forums.

I think you seriously can. I unadvisably started taking gear at about 20, stopped at 23 for a few years and was able to make considerable gains over the next 3-4 years while keeping lean. I was clearly not at my limit when I started gear. It definitely depends on genetics but if your not so worried about staying to lean, you can make some serious strength and size gains with good training and dieting in my opinion.

I'm in the same boat. It's been 3 years of AAS and PH'S that's why I really want the break. I have never taken my diet 100% serious off gear. I hope that will give me the extra edge this time.

I've talked to a couple different bodybuilders and both told me that the size and strength really comes when you hit around 30 yrs old. Any truth to that?

I'm in the same boat. It's been 3 years of AAS and PH'S that's why I really want the break. I have never taken my diet 100% serious off gear. I hope that will give me the extra edge this time.

I've talked to a couple different bodybuilders and both told me that the size and strength really comes when you hit around 30 yrs old. Any truth to that?

I noticed it was much easier to maintain size and strength after 30. even barely training and not even thinking about diet in nov-dec I could still roll into the gym and hit 405 x 8 on a decline and never dropped below 196. It wasnt that great of a 196 but I wasnt fat. since jan 1st Im back in the low 200's on only 150 mg test/week and i've leaned out quite a bit. hope that helps.

i dont think that taking a break from the juice will help you transition from male physique to bodybuilding

but it is better to be the tortoise than the hare..so the slow and steady approach may be better if it gives you the mental break you are looking for.

anyways good luck bro! ;)

i dont think that taking a break from the juice will help you transition from male physique to bodybuilding

but it is better to be the tortoise than the hare..so the slow and steady approach may be better if it gives you the mental break you are looking for.

anyways good luck bro! ;)

Thank you very much man. I really hope I can stick with it. I love everything about being on. I have a very addictive personality so it is not going to be easy at first. I'll be loading up on OTC products mainly to help with head games (placebo) lol. I want to really focus on heavy dead lifting and hitting legs hard 2x's a week. Hopefully tht will help with size.

I appreciate all the positive motivation guys :)

I do believe you will lose some muscle and perhaps some strength when you get off , what leads me to believe this is your current stats, post pics and maybe we can see better. At 6-7% bodyfat and 196 5'9 that's very very good, and beyond genetic potential . there's quite a few of the genetic potential calculators you can search for easly ,that are VERY VERY accurate and pretty much haven't been disproven, unless you have better genetics then Reg Park, Steeve Reeves , John Grimek , etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131