over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The 6-2-6-2-6 cycle

Fears

Registered
The way I first learned to cycle back in the 80's was this.

6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 6 weeks on, 2 months off.
Typically I would stack an oral and an injectable and try to combine something anabolic with something androgenic.

For example, Primobolan and Dbol or Deca and Anadrol or Test and Anavar. I made great gains using this form of cycle. The 2 week breaks give your liver a break from the orals without being off long enough to lose gains.

The last couple years (after a long break from BB) I have used mostly the longer cycles in style today (12-16 weeks). I just went back to the 6 week cycles again and am getting better results with less sides.

Now I know many will find fault with this type of cycle but I can tell you from real world experience it works for me. I have gotten blood work during and after cycle and although liver values are slightly elevated while "on" they go back to normal on my 2 months "off".

Just want to get others thoughts on this and if anyone else has done something similar. I was actually taught this method by an MD who specialized in gear (and wrote the scripts) back when it was legal.

if your using esters such as nandrolone decanoate, test enanthate or cypionate, eq your never really coming off cycle until your 2 month break. thats pretty much 24 weeks on. these esters dont really start producing the desired results until usually around week 3 or 4 then 2 weeks and your off for 2 weeks then back on???? gonna create some bad hormonal fluctuations. this approach would be more effective if you stick with fast acting esters; test prop, suspension, phenylprop, durabolin, orals. i like 6 weeks on; front load the 1st 2 weeks with long esters then weeks 3-6 switch to faster esters. then off for 4 weeks where you run igf, if you throw a break week after week 6 of the cycle and a week break after week 4 of igf then you will basically have a 6on/6off layout equaling time on vs. time off which for health concerns would be ideal. just an idea:)

Cycles like the above are a bad idea IMHO. Why not just run something like test prop week 1-15, NPP weeks 1-15 with a dbol front load and some winny at the end. It is your diet that will make or break your cycle success regardless of the compounds used.

edge250 said:
if your using esters such as nandrolone decanoate, test enanthate or cypionate, eq your never really coming off cycle until your 2 month break. thats pretty much 24 weeks on. these esters dont really start producing the desired results until usually around week 3 or 4 then 2 weeks and your off for 2 weeks then back on???? gonna create some bad hormonal fluctuations. this approach would be more effective if you stick with fast acting esters; test prop, suspension, phenylprop, durabolin, orals. i like 6 weeks on; front load the 1st 2 weeks with long esters then weeks 3-6 switch to faster esters. then off for 4 weeks where you run igf, if you throw a break week after week 6 of the cycle and a week break after week 4 of igf then you will basically have a 6on/6off layout equaling time on vs. time off which for health concerns would be ideal. just an idea:)

You make some good points. One correction is that it is (3) 6 week cycles which is 18 weeks "on" not 24. I may give shorter esters a shot next time. I think the theory on the longer esters is that they "carry" you during the 2 weeks off so you still make good gains. As far as the hormonal fluctuations I'm not sure that's a bad thing. For example I maintain my sex drive throughout without always having to use test. No deca dick. Now that may just be me. I use GH throughout and slin most of the time during 2 weeks "off". I've yet to try IGF.
I really think sometimes guys get too caught up in the science and what is currently "in" and don't listen to their own bodies with gear use.

He's trying to say that during those two weeks you still have a lot of exogenous test built up in your system and it would take about 4-5 weeks for it to clear out. You might as well just stay on and keep your hormones level. Then again it's your body and you know what works best for you. To each their own.

i've used the 6-2 with success....it gives you just enough time for a moderate recovery but not enough to lose alot.

When you eventually come off its much easier to get back to normal than if you were "on" the whole time

huh.........moderate recovery in 2 weeks with esters still in the bloodstream and no pct...........:rolleyes:

on a cycle like that.. with long esters. you are better off just using straight through until the two month break.. now. if you are using very short esters susp, tren base and others then it "might" be a better cycle routine..

i would run it like this :

6 wks- 100 mg test suspention in oil with 50 mg test prop eod , 100 mg fina eod , 100 mg ed anadrol

2 wks off

6 wks -100 mg test suspention in oil with 50 mg test prop eod , 100 mg fina eod , 50 mg ed dbol

2 wks off

6wks -100 mg test suspention in oil with 50 mg test prop eod , 100 mg fina eod , 100 mg anadrol ed

then 2 months off with pct
cant beat suspention and anadrol .

Last edited:
Some interesting comments. I am currently about to start my last 6 weeker which will be 750mg Test Mix and 45 mg Anavar. Then after my 2 months off (with PCT) I am going to try short esters for next cycle and compare results.
I do like the 6-2 routine. I'll update shorter ester results later in year.

Although orals have their drawbacks they sure do give results quickly with a good stack. The 5th and 6th weeks on Dbol or Adrol are when the results become amazing partly I'm sure as the longer injectable esters are kicking in full throttle also.

My preferred cycling method these days (though I've been clean for nearly 18 months now) I picked up from a good buddy MA92 (Iceman here).

I keep it simple, so it is 8-4-8-4-8 then off for up to 6 months, depending on your timetable.

I use NPP and TP only - great combo for me. My levels are up quick, and I'm back within a week of stopping which gives me at least 3 weeks to give the body a break/reset without losing any gains. Enough time, in those four weeks, to keep lifting but take a slight breather and get your head of steam together again too.

Which is why I am looking to test bold prop next time around. Eq always did me more favours than deca but I'll only use short esters these days really. Injections don't bother me and I like to have the control of when I come off.

IronMike

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner