over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The NGA in upstate New York

PHIL HERNON

Banned
This is a natural bodybuilding league in upstate NY. My buddy was has been winning every show he entered in this league and was favored to win this weekend in Rochester, NY. He is on here, JBEARCE. They disqualified him for failing the polygraph test on the question of if he ever took growth hormone or steroids. He doesnt even know what a steroid looks like and has passed every other test including hair/urine test. Before failed their polygraph, the guy administering the test asked him if he trained with me and at my gym and was aware that I had been convicted of steroid posession 10 years earlier. WTF was this all about?? This organization has consistently let in competitors that have failed the test and these competitors have contacted us telling us about it. Justin is truly drug free and the guy running things, Jerry Marsella just does not want him winning his show and beating "his" competitors. I am asking everyone to not go to his shows or compete in his organization...........NGA, STAY AWAY.

Sorry to hear about this Phil. I think I know of the kid your referring to. Totally out of line talking about you and your gym like that.

How discouraging it must be to work so hard to be your best at a show only to be sidelined by politics. Your friend should complimented that this jerk saw his physique as such a threat. He must look great.

he needs to get a lawyer and sue their ass.. some can not take polys.. my brother failed one for the police dept because it said he lied about his name .. there is a reason they are not admissable in the court of law.. if he passed the urine test, that is all that should matter.. even then, the guy had a hard on for phil.. i mean come on.. if ya know phil ya have to take gear..right?:rolleyes: he needs to speak to a lawyer..just my opinion..

What an absolute shame. I hope he gets to compete and smacks it to everybody......He should compete in the OCB or another natural organization...

I agree with you 110% Phil, the NGA SUCKS big time, my buddy did a couple of shows with the NGA a couple years back and there judging sucks and the same people win the same shows, there all friends, the Judges did not even watch the night show, the promoter of the show's wife was a judge and she was getting up and walking around and talking to people during the evening show, I know most of the judgeing is done during the morning judgeing, but come on atleast give the competitors that much. One guy was doing cart wheels and did a head stand during his evening show, I thought I was watching a fitness competition. I was going to do a show with them a couple years ago, and they told me I would have to do the polygraph the day before the show, im like are you kidding me, so I diet get ready for the show and then the night before the show I have to undergo a polygraph test, give me a break, BOYCOTT THE NGA..

here is a link to there website if you care:

http://www.naturalmuscle.com/

NO DOUBT

Justin is a great athlete and I saved his photos a while back b/c his physique is inspiring!

What are his plans now Phil? What shows will he shoot his sights on?

lilbulldog said:
I agree with you 110% Phil, the NGA SUCKS big time, my buddy did a couple of shows with the NGA a couple years back and there judging sucks and the same people win the same shows, there all friends, the Judges did not even watch the night show, the promoter of the show's wife was a judge and she was getting up and walking around and talking to people during the evening show, I know most of the judgeing is done during the morning judgeing, but come on atleast give the competitors that much. One guy was doing cart wheels and did a head stand during his evening show, I thought I was watching a fitness competition. I was going to do a show with them a couple years ago, and they told me I would have to do the polygraph the day before the show, im like are you kidding me, so I diet get ready for the show and then the night before the show I have to undergo a polygraph test, give me a break, BOYCOTT THE NGA..

here is a link to there website if you care:

http://www.naturalmuscle.com/

Most of these "natural" shows are like this. Thats why don't care to compete in them anymore. You have the same guys competing and winning in the same shows forever. Most of them are somehow invollved in promoting the shows, judging the shows and competing in the same shows. I don't mind politics, its a part of the game. But when you have Blatant unprofessional behavior like this it makes it discouraging for others to compete. You have guys judging some of these shows that have only seen a Bodybuilding contest twice in there life. I know this for a fact. Most Natural Orgs let anybody promote one, judge one and/or compete in the same one. I'm with you guys BOYCOTT THEIR ASSES!! If he passed urine and hair let him compete. Hell, i've had questionable polys twice and at the time I was 6'1" 190lbs. Shit, if I was juicin' wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Have Him Try This

Dear Mr. Kotter,
My son does not do steroids or growth hormone.

Signed,
Epstein's Mom

I know he is not the type to feel this way but I hope this kind of thing doesnt make him consider AAS, and go over to the "dark side".

its funny you say that phill,my freind trains with us and he is a lifetime natural
bodybuilder,i think the nga:s head guy tell the polygraph guy what questions to ask,they asked him if he lifts with guys who take steroids and he says that he was not sure,and they falied him......

Disgrace....

...what a JOKE Phil, but I'm not surprised... What really blows is places like here in Utah or smaller areas there's two options NGA and NPC that's it. What's also interesting is the same judges that judge NGA judge the NPC shows here. Both organizations BLOW! (I'm not speaking collectively for the rest of the U.S.) Both are TOTALLY disorganized thrown together in 20 minutes...start late, go late, totally unprofessional with a goon MC'ing the event, and mysteriously the judges friends/workout partners always seem to win?? Without fail there's ALWAYS a SOAP OPERA behind the scenes. (We had 1 chick with an "air brush" machine painting abs on her and lines on her legs) When it comes to putting on a show and all the politics and backslapping that goes on it's about the same for both organizations. What's also a travesty is seeing judges judge that haven't even competed in a single show... It's some chick who's a friend of the promotor who likes guys 6 packs. "Oh' look at him he has abs!"

My last show in NGA they actually brought a guy back stage that had "failed" the test because he did some Ephedrine and they asked all of us competitors if we'd allow him to compete. Yah' big deal...we were cool about it and everyone agreed to let him compete....

The other thing about the NGA is they "only" do the lie detector. They don't and won't take into consideration urine, blood, hair samples.

PHIL HERNON said:
THe whole organization here in upstate NY is a SHAM!!! Look at these guys running this thing.
hey Phil, does Zona compete in this competition? I really dont know anything about comps and a good friend of my used to train with him, thats why I ask.

PHIL HERNON said:
THe whole organization here in upstate NY is a SHAM!!! Look at these guys running this thing.

I would go so far as to say the NGA is even more political than other federations. Judges on the panel with "clients" in the show:confused: .....have a few friends who have fell victim to this. JBearce could hold his own in any federation natural or otherwise. Sucks for him! I wouldnt waste any more time with the NGA. This could be considered slanderous against you both, IMO.

SZ

Last edited:
notthatstrongyet said:
hey Phil, does Zona compete in this competition? I really dont know anything about comps and a good friend of my used to train with him, thats why I ask.

Huh:confused:

SZ

Yea Phil, I see this alot down here too. We have a couple of federations here that I have seen guys I know on the beans and they compete against these real naturals. Very unfair. I have seen two top level naturals here that are without a doubt 100% clean. These guys were outstanding. They lost to a guy that uses shit year round. i will not go into details of how I know this but suffice to say these two accomplished naturals were so discouraged they dropped out of the scene all together. I trained two other natty's into their first shows. One placed third and the other fourth. Both of these guys trained their asses off, literally, and lost to the two guys that I know juiced! I told these two guys I trained not to worry about it and look forward. I also told them if this show was fairly judged and tested they would have won their respective classes. Some of these so called natural federations are an absolute joke! BTW your friend JBEARCE looks awesome. He def could hold his own on just about any stage! Good work Phil!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131