over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Think you got it bad? Think again!

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
One of my coworkers/friends sent this to me today after an upsetting fallout with a girl i really liked. I been moping around all day until i got this email. Maybe at least one of you is having a bad day and this will help you as it did me.

I'm at the gym this morning banging out a chest session. In between sets I'm sitting there on the pec deck and I noticed a young 20-something kid "walk" in... on crutches with braces around around his calves that were actually attached to shoes. It was a noticable struggle for him, just to "walk." I had seen him around the gym before, limping awkwardly from machine to machine - I figured he must have CP or something like that. Today I asked myself, what ails this poor kid?!? and then I noticed that he was all smiles. I kept on training, but I was overcome with curiousity when I watched him step up onto the treadmill of all things. I couldnt help but notice him struggle with each step, but he never stopped smiling - he never once looked like he would be defeated. The more I watched him, the more intense my session got. I mean how can you not be inspired by someone as courageous as this kid? Something as simple as walking was such a struggle for him and yet you couldnt tell it bothered him at all. Overcome with curiousity I had to find out what ailed him.

Apparently he (lets call him Eric) has been through corrective surgery for years to right himself. The tendons in his legs had become so tight that he could hardly move the muscles in his legs. So much so that it made his toes curl over. After many painful operations, this would hope to be one of the last. What drives him is the capacity to walk normally, not to be stared at. He doesnt feel sorry for himself, he smiles obviously in pain but his will overcomes the pain as he gracefully takes each step.

That my friends says something about heart and courage!!! When you are feeling sorry for yourself and you're caught up in your own problems - consider how fortunate you are just to be able to walk. Dont take anything for granted! Whatever your problems are, imagine taking a walk in his shoes.

Still feeling sorry for yourself? Waaaaaa, I'm not big enough. Waaaaaa, I wish I was stronger. Waaaaaa, I want to lose weight. Waaaaaa, I hate the way I look in that _______. Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa, Waaaaaa!

Dont make me have to send the Waaaaaa'mbulance for you. Help yourself! Go out today, MAKE it a good day... you only have ONE LIFE and its short so make the most of it. Don't let life pass you by, LIVE IT. Hit the gym as hard as you ever have!

Every man suffers defeat...
Champions are the one's that get back up!

I am greatful everyday i wake up.. i see ppl in wheel chairs, kids with terminal cancer showing more braviery then i could ever dream of having, the list can go on... be greatful for what you have not what you don't have!!

great story. i had somewhat of a similar experience a few weeks ago while lifting at a different gym than usual. ive seen this kid on campus a fair amount of times, always carrying his gallon of water. he walks funny and is very very skinny, but i see him in this other gym whenever i go there and he's always working out hard. made me kind of feel stupid to feel bad about certain things in my life.

Great story TPFU.........A guy who used to work for me got a spinal cord injury in a car crash and is paralised from the waist down. This guy worked with me every weekend together as security(Bouncer) at a local bar for two years. So we were very good friends, he was not a bodybuilder but was the fitest guy at the gym and done mixed martial arts. The weekend before his accident we were messing around after work and he done 100 press ups in 1 min. His life was going great he had a great body, looks the pick of all the girls, everything. Then one Friday I got a call from one of his mates to tell me he could not make it in to work. He insisted lying on a spinal board that his friend rang to let me know. I went to see him the next day and he was just his normal self. Joking with the nurses. Every time I see him he always has a smile on his face and has unshakable faith he will walk(his spinal cord was not sevard). He is a true inspration to us all.

Amen brother! Thats a great story. Jus imagine what goes thru that kids head day in and day out. I really admire this kid.:) Never take anything for granted, cause you never know when or if you will lose it. We are all so very lucky just to be able to live our lives the way we do and I thank god everyday for that. take care

It does humble you. I appreciate evry healthy day, I've had enough injuries and illnesses to appreciate the ability to just do everyday things. I feel sorry for those who haven't had to struggle in one way or another. That is true strength, finding it inside you to keep going.

GOOD POST.

THANKS!:cool:

THANK YOU! My wife manges the club I tain at and will have her post that story. It is so true how we all wish for something more or wish we could change something but the truth is, think about the last time you have the flu or just didn'y feel good. All you really cared about was to have the pain go away and feel normal and healthy again. This story is very inspirational!!

@@

that's an awesome story bro,and your right about being thankful for what we have.ALTHOUGH i think everyone is missing a major point of the story.

i'm sure the doctors told him he would probably never walk again,much less walk normal.the reason that kid is able to do what he does is because he BELIEVES he can,so therefore he does.ASK YOURSELVES if you were in his shoes would do as he does,or whine(feel sorry for yoursefl),be in a wheelchair,and complain.

my point is everyone has been programmed and programmed everday to being limited and lazy.YOU can do anything you put your mind to.mind over matter,your body can heal it's self, ALL TRUE STATEMENTS.SO IF THERE'S SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO OR ACCOMPLISH YOUR THE ONE HOLDING YOU BACK.so all the excuses and complaing,is nothing more FEAR and ATTENTION.

so i say don't tell me what you want to do,tell me what your going to do.then do it!!!!

ERIC as we call him is a do'er and he's realized what's happened, so he's dealing with it because he doesn't want help & i'm sure he wants to prove the non believers he can.(trust me god has his back)

leap

Truly fantastic story and thanks for sharing that. I always say when i am having a bad day that someone, somewhere else out there makes my problems look like nothing and that sort of puts a story and picture right along with that saying.

I was moved!

Great story, Great post,,,We just have to always tell ourselves anytime we are feeling down, that it can always be worse!!!

Whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, I think about this kid in my fraternity a few years back. When he was 16 his mom died in a car accident, and 2weeks later his dad died of a heart attack. Then at 18 he was diagonesd with lupus. Very sad. Makes me appreciate everything.

GOOD STORY IT REALLY MAKES YOU THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE..

Hey thanks for that post it made me feel alot better. I see people sometimes with different disablities out on the street just pressing to get through a day of normal life for them. I see that and i thank God that i am healthy!

very inspiring story bro. I get really stressed out sometimes and can be a real ass to everyone and just reading that makes me want to change. God bless him, thats a true champion!

Great inspirational story. My wife works at a hospital and sees all types of terrible things that people of all ages have to deal with... accidents... disease... unknown reasons... babies born to a life of struggle just to survive day to day. If you have your good health, consider yourself one of the fortunate and don't whine about the trivial stuff.

Man, I was having a pretty shitty morning until I read that.
Thanks,
Jig

Very inspiring story! Good lesson for all of us.

NICE POST BRO. THANKS

Watch this...my friend Michael leave in France he is competing with a nice muscular development in the lightheavys, and he got a permit to compete here in USA after call lots of people and get support of lots of IFBB Pros.

He is an inspiration!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• mickael.JPG
    mickael.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 142

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members