advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those of you who have ever had low ferritin, can you describe your symptoms?

Most recent:
ferritin 23
hematocrit 52.4
hemoblogin 17.2

The rest of the cbc panel was within normal ranges.

But I get these shit dizzy/fatigue symptoms that I don't know are from iron or something else, so I wanted to make this thread to find any clues.

I don't agree at all. I supplement ferrous sulphate all the time and it doesn't worsen my liver values. For me, ferrous sulphate is the most reliable way to increase ferritin. I doubt B12 raises it to the same degree.

I'm no expert but if you think ferritin is to blame I would get a full iron panel.

FWIW I was taking like 60mg ferrous sulfate a day for a month leading up to my block work and my saturation % was still at the bottom of the range. I believe you can add Vitamin C to increase iron absorption... But if hematocrit is a problem I *think* sometimes it increases hematocrit.

If your going to supplement iron, you want heme iron from a meat source. I believe the liver is the best source. Most iron supplements are non heme plant based iron and you'll only absorb 10-20% of dose. Also, calcium greatly reduces absorption of iron.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

His is from over phlebotomizing. He's not anemic, his HH and erythrocytes are normal.
H and H is low plus the RDW is high so hes losing blood somewhere... I would get an upper and lower GI done and some iron studies.. Plus any idea why liver enzymes are elevated? Running orals?

Last edited:
Any nosebleeds?

I was getting very dizzy and fatigued when my ferritin was low from giving blood too often.There were times when I almost fell down from the dizziness

Well this sounds similar to me, however I've had the symptoms even with a higher ferritin before so I'm not sure what to think. Was your dizziness like a room spinning sensation or just your brain feeling really weird and stuck in a cloud? Mine is the latter.

I'm no expert but if you think ferritin is to blame I would get a full iron panel.

FWIW I was taking like 60mg ferrous sulfate a day for a month leading up to my block work and my saturation % was still at the bottom of the range. I believe you can add Vitamin C to increase iron absorption... But if hematocrit is a problem I *think* sometimes it increases hematocrit.

Interesting. Only time I had a full iron panel pulled was a little over a year ago and my saturation % was 32, which was in the normal range. My ferritin was 86 at the time though. Wonder what my sat % would be now.

H and H is low plus the RDW is high so hes losing blood somewhere... I would get an upper and lower GI done and some iron studies.. Plus any idea why liver enzymes are elevated? Running orals?

Stewie was talking about me, not Swiper who posted his bloodwork

Any nosebleeds?

No

You looked at the wrong post I was referring to. Swipers labs that he posted is of an unknown etiology for now.

I suggested he speaks with his primary about teasing out some sort of hemolytic anemia.

He's also had an upper GI done.

Last edited:
He's had a colonoscopy and also had an endoscopy done.

Ahh okay.. Yeah we treat a lot of ppl with iron def anemia of unknown etiology.. Mostly with iron infusions bc most ppl can't tolerate oral due to GI upset..

Upper and lower GI may be fine but we still treat the symptoms which is low ferritin.. We can't just not do anything for someone symptomatic...

Well this sounds similar to me, however I've had the symptoms even with a higher ferritin before so I'm not sure what to think. Was your dizziness like a room spinning sensation or just your brain feeling really weird and stuck in a cloud? Mine is the latter.

Interesting. Only time I had a full iron panel pulled was a little over a year ago and my saturation % was 32, which was in the normal range. My ferritin was 86 at the time though. Wonder what my sat % would be now.

When I would bend down or get up I would almost fall over from the dizziness.

I'm an idiot apparently cutting too many carbs atm... Look into postural hypotension as this could be a possibility...

I'm an idiot apparently cutting too many carbs atm... Look into postural hypotension as this could be a possibility...

I believe his cardiologist ruled out orthostatic hypotension.

Stewie is soo well knowledgeable in this subject all attention should be payed to him. He knows hematology better then most hemo doctors when it come to these rare, and complex with blood issues due to the lifestyle we choose.

Well I had a ferritin of 21 as of three weeks ago. Ive been donating blood every 2-3 months for the last 5 years or so. Doc told me to stop donating and NOT supplement iron. She wouldn't even tell me how much iron to take lmao.

I haven't fixed this yet but the syptoms that I have now is mainly just fatigue(that I know of). I'll definately report back to you on how I fell when/if I get this fixed though.

I'm using 64mg of iron daily atm.

I was entertaining the possibility of a genetic condition called HHT which affects the blood vessels of the GI tract...

Might be worth a shot. I think I got mine done pretty cheaply from ULTA Labs

Stewie is soo well knowledgeable in this subject all attention should be payed to him. He knows hematology better then most hemo doctors when it come to these rare, and complex with blood issues due to the lifestyle we choose.

Having seen at least 3 hematologists, I can say with absolute certainty Stewie knows more about hematology when it comes to the TRT population than they do.

Well I had a ferritin of 21 as of three weeks ago. Ive been donating blood every 2-3 months for the last 5 years or so. Doc told me to stop donating and NOT supplement iron. She wouldn't even tell me how much iron to take lmao.

I haven't fixed this yet but the syptoms that I have now is mainly just fatigue(that I know of). I'll definately report back to you on how I fell when/if I get this fixed though.

I'm using 64mg of iron daily atm.

I disagree with the doctor. I find ferrous sulphate to work rather quickly in restoring ferritin for me personally. I don't even think it needs to be used that long either. It didn't seem to cause a noticeable rise in H/H. Maybe it did but hard to tell.

I was entertaining the possibility of a genetic condition called HHT which affects the blood vessels of the GI tract...

I appreciate the ideas but I had all this stuff checked out and don't have any genetic mutations fortunately. I just over-phlebotomized, simple.

In any case, I do not think my symptoms are from ferritin. I switched metformin out for berberine and it's been much better. Makes me wonder if B12 was depleted. I read standard B12 panels are not accurate and I need to get an MMA test for a more accurate B12 level. Can't draw any conclusions yet. This has come and gone for over a year now.

In any case, I do not think my symptoms are from ferritin. I switched metformin out for berberine and it's been much better. Makes me wonder if B12 was depleted. I read standard B12 panels are not accurate and I need to get an MMA test for a more accurate B12 level. Can't draw any conclusions yet. This has come and gone for over a year now.

Were you supplementing B12?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity