over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Too Strong For My Own Good?

plumpsumo

Registered
So, I recently started training seriously the last 2 months. I'm now up to 800+ lbs on the leg press for my work sets.

Problem 1: My ligaments are hurting under the knee cap.

Problem 2: Strength is increasing pretty fast. I'm almost at 900+ lbs presses for reps.

Solution Needed: I was wondering how to properly warm up for multi-joint, relatively heavy weight movements, such as the leg press, so that I'm not setting myself up for injury, pain, etc. down the line.

Notes: I'm growing fast from the presses. I don't want to stop doing them. I'm not on any AAS or other super supps.

Thanks, guys!

-- Plump

You could have a tight muscle or something out of place that is pulling on your knee cap to cause the discomfort. I'd skip your next leg day and see if that can help with the pain. Do you have knee sleeves?

You could have a tight muscle or something out of place that is pulling on your knee cap to cause the discomfort. I'd skip your next leg day and see if that can help with the pain. Do you have knee sleeves?

I don't use any knee sleeves or any accessories. I can get them, but thought they lead to injury down the road, or is that a myth?

FYI, I'm doing DC Advanced Training protocol.

Thanks!

Problem 1 is causing problem 2. Leg pressing kills my knees. I can squat and squat, but leg pressing sucks.

I don't use any knee sleeves or any accessories. I can get them, but thought they lead to injury down the road, or is that a myth?

When I don't train legs, I don't feel any pain. So, the two are correlated for sure.

It's almost as if my quads are growing faster than my ligaments and tendons.

FYI, I'm doing DC Advanced Training protocol.

Thanks!

Here's a crazy idea, lower the weight and increase your reps

It doesn't take much intelligence to realize that if something is causing pain to stop or figure out a way so it doesn't hurt.

Come on man, did you think about this prior to posting?

Here's a crazy idea, lower the weight and increase your reps

It doesn't take much intelligence to realize that if something is causing pain to stop or figure out a way so it doesn't hurt.

Come on man, did you think about this prior to posting?

no waaaay man thats too obvious!!! I thought I was just too strong for my own good!!!

To be honest, my ego is heavily involved here. I'm the strongest guy on the leg press at my gym, so I didn't want to lower the weight. This may sound pathetic to some, and I understand that, but 'tis true.

The problem is, you're not even close to the strongest on this board, which is why people are giving you a hard time. Leg press is an ego lift where actual poundage is rather insignificant.

If you said you had a 700lb squat or something, i'd be more impressed, but leg press comparisons are useless and dumb. Like others have said, increase reps or pre-exhaust or switch up the order of exercises and hit leg press last. I'm pretty sure any beginner could hit 900lb leg press within a year of training, so not much to really brag about.

Weight on the leg press means nothing.

If you want some ego, be the strongest squatter.

If you're after bigger muscles, drop the ego and do what you can for that and doesn't hurt.

1. Back Squat

2. See number one

3. Put toes off the top of of the leg press, press with heals, knee pain = gone

How much do you squat?

I can leg press that and not the strongest in my gym :confused:

You should change your username to Titanic because you sure like to float your own boat

Are you going to get t shirts made up saying you can leg press 800 lbs. ? :rolleyes:

To be honest, my ego is heavily involved here. I'm the strongest guy on the leg press at my gym, so I didn't want to lower the weight. This may sound pathetic to some, and I understand that, but 'tis true.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude—it's fucking leg press.

Get under a squat bar and tell me how much higher your squat is on this cycle then post again....and like someone said, lower the weight, slow negatives then explode up.

the guy at least has the balls to admit his ego is a part of the problem which is more than a lot of you guys can say......fuckin pathetic responses

Lower weight and use full range of motion. ..irarely see anyone doing more than 1/4 range of motion...in the gym or videos posted on here.

This is hilarious. Does everyone know that my 10 year old son is the fifth fastest kid in his class?

You should enter a leg press contest and become rich and famous.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131