over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn bicep tendon

Glad your surgery went well demon. Keep your mind busy and the time will go fast. You will get back in the gym and all this will be in the past. Buy you some good straps from ProWristStraps and forget about using the over/under grip when you get back to dead lifting down the road. When this kind of stuff happens, it leaves a distinct impression on you, doesn't it? :) Over grip from now on brother!

Last edited:
thanks brick..i agree some straps and no more over/under...also debating if i need to lift heavy anymore..im 43 and have nothing to prove..it certainly leaves an impression..this will b on my mind for a long time.

day 2 is going ok..cann wiggle my fingers and make a fist with my right hand..oxy on hand for when the pain gets unbearable..sucks using your left hand for everything when your right handed...

Glad your surgery went well demon. Keep your mind busy and the time will go fast. You will get back in the gym and all this will be in the past. Buy you some good straps from ProWristStraps and forget about using the over/under grip when you get back to dead lifting down the road. When this kind of stuff happens, it leaves a distinct impression on you, doesn't it? :) Over grip from now on brother!

thanks brick..i agree some straps and no more over/under...also debating if i need to lift heavy anymore..im 43 and have nothing to prove..it certainly leaves an impression..this will b on my mind for a long time.

day 2 is going ok..cann wiggle my fingers and make a fist with my right hand..oxy on hand for when the pain gets unbearable..sucks using your left hand for everything when your right handed...

Are you saying your typing is slower now? :D

You sound like me. After an injury I always say, no more heavy lifting... then, a few months down the road, I am shooting for heavy again. I think its just in our blood sometimes. Just part of being a lifter. Whatever you decide on lifting style, you are now more experienced and smarter. Nothing wrong with a couple of war injuries. Every serious lifter i have known over the years has had to deal with an injury or real pain at some point. Just part of the hobby.
BTW… 43 is young in my book!

Demon,

I was in a sling for the first week post surgery. After that I had a weight limit of a coffee cup, yah my arm weighs 30 ponds but I can only lift a coffee cup. I could use my arm with no problem at about week 4, of course I forgot and grabbed a plate or two at times, but tried to be aware of it more. Week 5 I was cleared to do anything that didnt involve direct or indirect bicep movement. After the 8 week I was able to start direct bicep movements, very light. I did a lot of flexing and squezzing the muscle, light ART to help the myofascial stretch back out. I didnt have any muscle damaged so that speed up the recovery. At week 12 I started doing everything. Deadlifting again, using straps, hook grip, normal grip. I've worked back up to 500 with my grip I tore it on. It feels great. I'm going to wait another couple weeks before I put my bench shirt on, to much pressure on that tendon. Good luck and take your time.

LC

good to hear..im in a splint with an ace bandage wrapped tightly around it..i have to follow up with the doc next monday, which is a week after the surgery..im hoping to get this thing off my arm, it itches underneath so much..im off work and bored out of my mind!

I would be happy if my recovery was similar to yours..mine tore dead lifting 455. Even tho thats not a ton i dont think i will ever go back to lifting heavy after this..like brick said above its in our blood or something..always trying to lift more n more....

Demon,

I was in a sling for the first week post surgery. After that I had a weight limit of a coffee cup, yah my arm weighs 30 ponds but I can only lift a coffee cup. I could use my arm with no problem at about week 4, of course I forgot and grabbed a plate or two at times, but tried to be aware of it more. Week 5 I was cleared to do anything that didnt involve direct or indirect bicep movement. After the 8 week I was able to start direct bicep movements, very light. I did a lot of flexing and squezzing the muscle, light ART to help the myofascial stretch back out. I didnt have any muscle damaged so that speed up the recovery. At week 12 I started doing everything. Deadlifting again, using straps, hook grip, normal grip. I've worked back up to 500 with my grip I tore it on. It feels great. I'm going to wait another couple weeks before I put my bench shirt on, to much pressure on that tendon. Good luck and take your time.

LC

Disaster struck while I was working out today. I was deadlifting when I heard a tearing sound in my right bicep. I immediately dropped the weight and saw my right bicep was half way up my arm. A friggin popeye arm.

Went to the doc later that day and had an MRI done which confirmed a complete tear of the distal tendon. My surgery is set for monday morning. Sounds like a long rehab recovery process.

Has anyone else experienced this type of injury? If so how long was your recovery? Was the bicep ever the same afterwards?

No man. Hope everything turns out well. But from what i hear, it does take a while to be 100%

good to hear..im in a splint with an ace bandage wrapped tightly around it..i have to follow up with the doc next monday, which is a week after the surgery..im hoping to get this thing off my arm, it itches underneath so much..im off work and bored out of my mind!

I would be happy if my recovery was similar to yours..mine tore dead lifting 455. Even tho thats not a ton i dont think i will ever go back to lifting heavy after this..like brick said above its in our blood or something..always trying to lift more n more....

I have to keep realling myself in, the weights are light and I want to pull heavy. I too tore mine deadlifting. Completely my fault, I wasnt tight through out the movement. I was pulling against quad mini bands-about 200+ at the top, bar weight was 405. My arms were slightly bent and when the tension hit, pop pop pop. I took it for granted, cause ive done so many times in the past. Just stupid. I'm a lot smarter now.

LC

Quick question for all you with torn tendons. Did your ortho ask if you did aas? It was the first thing he asked me.

Quick question for all you with torn tendons. Did your ortho ask if you did aas? It was the first thing he asked me.

I've seen my ortho since I was 17, i'll be 35 next month. He knows my hsitory of powerlifting, strongman, and just punishing my body. He has never asked directly, but he's not nieve. I'm sure he assumes.

LC

No he didnt ask..i told him i was lifting too much weight and he agreed..im assuming he knew...just didnt come right out and ask..

i just had surgery on mine wednesday...tore it the saturday before last trying to flip a tire.
They keep trying to scare the shit out of me about using it....but everybody at the gym has said it should take about half the time as 'normal' people for me to heal.

I am currently recovering from distal bicep repair on the left side(wk 5). I tore my right about 12 yrs ago. The rehab takes time but not six months.The recovery shouldnt be rushed but I start light machines next wk. Nothing directly putting pressure on the bicep tendon. After 3 months the tendon should be pretty well healed into the bone. No excuses after that!

bandy-

just curious what were u doing it when it tore?? Im on day 8 post surgery..thats what i hear..not too rush recovery..

I am currently recovering from distal bicep repair on the left side(wk 5). I tore my right about 12 yrs ago. The rehab takes time but not six months.The recovery shouldnt be rushed but I start light machines next wk. Nothing directly putting pressure on the bicep tendon. After 3 months the tendon should be pretty well healed into the bone. No excuses after that!

bandy-

just curious what were u doing it when it tore?? Im on day 8 post surgery..thats what i hear..not too rush recovery..

demon-
deadlift with forward/backward grip. The underhand grip was the bicep that let go. The past bicep tear was dumbell preacher curl. The docs always give you a very conservative estimate on recovery. You should listen to your body and be sure to wait until 8-10 wk mark before you do any direct work involving your biceps(very light initially). Only speaking from my experience.
Dont let anyone discourage you with your rehab, my rt arm was back to normal by 4months and eventually stronger after the repair.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws