over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

torn pec rehab

blkbeard

Registered
Just wanted to get some opinions on what you fellas think I should do for rehab. I tore my left pec at the insertion and had it surgically repaired 2 weeks ago. What supplements are going to work best for me to get the tendon healed quickly. Anyone else with prior experience of a simillar injury, how long did it take to get back in the gym?

thanks

I'd ask the Doc if glucosimine and chondroitin would help. I wouldn't play the hgh game to heal it quicker. Let it heal at its own pace but give it all it needs. When I turned my radius and ulna into seven bones I waited until it was healed and started with just push ups.

i am 9 weeks post op right now. I just started training back. arms and some shoulders again last week. I also started strengthening exercises for my chest last week. I can't believe the progress I've made since I started physical therapy. I've been lifting very light compared to where I was at, but that is expected. Just make sure to keep your protein intake high. I don't know if you use AAS or not, but I'd take 250-500 mg of test a week to help it heal faster. I think that has helped alot also. Just dont get too down man. I know exactly what you're going through right now, so if you have any questions just let me know.

Tendons don't get much blood supply so plenty of time will be needed. When I tore my quad tendon, after surgery, they had me rest, weeks later it was simple isometric contractions, then I worked on getting my ROM back. My (sports) surgeon has all his patients take glucosimine and chondroitin. Lots of protein is good. Maybe some GH, EQ helps tendons too. I would stay away from large amounts of test. My doc told me that there is some concern that too much test may cause weakness in the tendons and make them injury prone.

took me a good 6 months to a year to get back to anywhere near normal. dont take drugs to speed the healing, let it heal naturally.

edge250 said:
took me a good 6 months to a year to get back to anywhere near normal. dont take drugs to speed the healing, let it heal naturally.

agreed... my doc told me 6-9 months. And natural healing, rehab, with good nutrition is the way to go too IMO

doc wants to see me back the 4th of december which will be 4 weeks post op. He has me doing some minor ROM exercises now, I believe they will increase my next visit. I have been training legs a couple times a week. I really am not to concerned with training back or shoulders as my lagging body parts are triceps and legs. Any of you you start training arms early using very strict-isolated movements?

Doc said my injury was fairly uncommon because I tore the lower portion of the pec major and it was torn with only about 1/8 of the tendon still connected to the muscle. the rest still attached to the bone.

what do think about using igf to help the healing? I am keeping my protein and amino intake high.

thanks for the advise thus far

igf would be the only thing i would have done differently, unfortunately it wasnt available when i had my injury. be patient, DO NOT rush the healing process. good luck. pm me if you have any ?'s or need help

DO TAKE DRUGS TO MAKE IT HEAL QUICKER. You don't want to be stuck forever in the no-pec rut bro. That shit kills.

Get yourself some IGF-1 and pin it EOD or E3D at about 40mcg. You're gonna heal in no time. It's going to be the best $100 you've ever spent.

Grunt76 said:
DO TAKE DRUGS TO MAKE IT HEAL QUICKER. You don't want to be stuck forever in the no-pec rut bro. That shit kills.

Get yourself some IGF-1 and pin it EOD or E3D at about 40mcg. You're gonna heal in no time. It's going to be the best $100 you've ever spent.

Ho Ly Shit. Do you have any specific info backing your thinking up? I'm not giving you shit and I know I am overly cautious so I'd like to know why you say what you say. The fear of re-tearing it would puss me.

Kahn said:
Ho Ly Shit. Do you have any specific info backing your thinking up? I'm not giving you shit and I know I am overly cautious so I'd like to know why you say what you say. The fear of re-tearing it would puss me.
What do you mean re-tearing it... It will heal the same as it naturally does, only faster. So... Why the fvck NOT to use it? It isn't as if I was telling you to go on a heavy cycle of Test/Tren/Drol there... Of course don't do that. THAT would be asking for a re-tear.

Adding IGF-1 will regenerate the tissue 300% to 500% faster. Tendon, bone, and muscle are all recipients of IGF-1's mighty power.

Grunt76 said:
Why the fvck NOT to use it?
Because it could lead to a stiffer tendon that fails easier at high loads. There is data from studies on horses that show igf-1 causes stiffer tendons. I think it's way premature to say igf-1 treatment is only positive in these situations.

KillerStack said:
Because it could lead to a stiffer tendon that fails easier at high loads. There is data from studies on horses that show igf-1 causes stiffer tendons. I think it's way premature to say igf-1 treatment is only positive in these situations.

It *MAY* do the same in humans. My full healing stack is this: IGF-1, deca and var, no test. The Var and Deca will keep your tendons nice and elastic and give them strength at the same time. It has to be done with much gentleness when doing the mobilization work, but that should be a given. The first step remains IGF-1 though.

Personally I have torn pec earlier this summer I did not get surgery.

I seem to find that not taking any anti e's will keep more fluid in there and make it feel better, Also don't drink as the next day it will be sore(seems to take fluid out). I agree you should take stuff to make it feel better not sure if it is healling faster but certainly feels beeter on aas. I have added gh is it working who knows but it feels better. Higher reps will also get more blood flow in there. I am not a doc but they say hgh(IGF) is the only thing that heals ligaments and tendons. Certainly can't hurt. Keep working out thought to prevent scar tissue. Also do serious massage break that lump up. Worry about getting a pump in there as thats the blood and the nutrience. Stay with dumbells if you go free weight so other side doesn't overcompensate. Go light

Levrone tore a pec and came back so it can be done. Good luck

Oh yeah test is supposed to be bad for tendons so don't just do a ton of test by itself

thanks fellas

I have already started the igf and will start some mgf in the near future. The swelling has subsided and looks as though the outer shape of the pec should match my right pretty well....after i tore it orginally I didn't think there was any way the doc was going to be able to make them look the same.

now it is just a time game.

I detached my tricep in April and had reattachment surgery. I used 250-300mg/wk of Test Enan for 4 months after the surgery. My Ortho was amazed at my recovery. He said Test should help (but of course would not prescribe it). I am a firm believer that it helped in recovery......fwiw

Mike

blkbeard said:
Just wanted to get some opinions on what you fellas think I should do for rehab. I tore my left pec at the insertion and had it surgically repaired 2 weeks ago. What supplements are going to work best for me to get the tendon healed quickly. Anyone else with prior experience of a simillar injury, how long did it take to get back in the gym?

thanks

mikeheavypecs said:
I detached my tricep in April and had reattachment surgery. I used 250-300mg/wk of Test Enan for 4 months after the surgery. My Ortho was amazed at my recovery. He said Test should help (but of course would not prescribe it). I am a firm believer that it helped in recovery......fwiw

Mike
Yes, the optimal dose of test for this purpose is 200mg EW. At 250-300, you're not too far from that. 500mg of test fully inhibits any positive tendon and ligament effects from other steroids.

blkbeard said:
thanks fellas

I have already started the igf and will start some mgf in the near future. The swelling has subsided and looks as though the outer shape of the pec should match my right pretty well....after i tore it orginally I didn't think there was any way the doc was going to be able to make them look the same.

now it is just a time game.
Keep the updates coming bro. I'm sure you will be amazed at your own recovery.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws