advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Trainer Idea for clients who want to compete first time.

V-Man

Registered
As trainers many of you get client's ready for competition, some clients maybe for the very first time. I'm sure you will all agree it's a lot of work for not only the client but the trainer. I recognize all that my trainer does for me and puts into training me. Here's an idea that you might want to use for a client who wants to compete for the first time.

It's one way to measure if they got what it takes before you invest a lot of time in them. As you know it is time consuming work, adjusting diets, daily talks, e-mails, posing practice, training also handling all there emotions and outbursts.

I just took park with a crazy goal I had in mind and it turned out really good and my trainer said it was a good thing to do to give me a taste of bodybuilding. I think at first he might have thought I was nuts like why are you wasting your time but it turned out great and it lit a fire under me now.

I decided to do a "mock" competition at my trainer's gym.
I went ahead and dieted down for 6 weeks only, probably should have been longer but wanted to end before Christmas. I trained and shaved what an experience, had some break outs but now I learned. Bought trunks got the size right. I did my own posing routine set to music. I took 2 days off work so I got pro tanned one day, another coat the next day, carbed up, did some pumping up, then did my relaxed and mandatory poses. Then I did my posing routine.

The whole thing turned out really well. I love being pro tanned and the smell of it. I did the posing right on the gym floor which I was nervous about, at first I was just gonna do it in the bathroom but then I figure I have to get used to people seeing me in posing trunks and get over nervousness. The
people were really supportive and said I looked great. All of this was photographed and video tapped. It was a little weird in the beginning my trainer was pretending to be an announcer "all welter weights report to the pumping area" which made me laugh but I then got over it and buckled down and stayed serious through all the call outs. He put me through everything and sometimes I was holding a pose for a while. It was strenuous but now I learned.

It was a great learning experience and I saw how my body reacted to things and how my skin broke out so this will help me when the real one comes.

When I was done I was called into my trainers office and we talked for about an hour. He told me my strong points, what I needed to work on and he gave me a timeline and what I need to do to get there. My trainer is not someone who wants me to do a show just to do one. Anyone can collect a bunch of third place trophies.

For him it's all about coming out with the most complete and best package that I can possibly put out there. Then hopefully first or winning my class will come, if not and I get second or third then I am still a winner cause I did my best. With bodybuilding you don't know who your up against all you can do is come with your best physique.

For me I need to work on lats and width, my back thickness is fine, chest nice shape but need thickness, got hamstrings but need more. Shoulders and arms are fine.

He said he will tell me when I am ready not me, but right now I need at least another year and possible compete April 2011.

Anyway this was just an idea I had. And when I decided on the final date I told my trainer it was gonna happen wheter I was ready or not, no backing out of it or stalling. With a real show you can't move the date out. You have to take it seriously. I even told him if I refused to strip me down and throw me out there on the gym floor. It was good motivation.

I can't wait and am on fire to train again. I'm taking a few days off right now to recharge then hit the gym after Christmas with a venegance.

Vito

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear