over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Treadmill Cardio: What intensity?

garcia

Registered
Do you guys go by heart rate or do you walk at a (example)3.5 pace at a 6 incline? Looking for how intense you go on this. I seem to be losing alot of mass in my quads from my current HIIT routine.

For me, I just try to keep a 6:30 per mile pace, sometimes a bit faster. It's nice to do some decently intense work and zone out at the same time. I've been a runner since grade school and it's nice to just let your mind wonder. By the time I'm done, I do about 3-4 miles and time just flies by.

Low intensity for 60 minutes 4x a week.
I jog at 5.2 (speed) for 25 minutes, walk for 3, jog another 25, walk 3, etc.
Until I finish my 60 mins.

Do you guys go by heart rate or do you walk at a (example)3.5 pace at a 6 incline? Looking for how intense you go on this. I seem to be losing alot of mass in my quads from my current HIIT routine.

You should not be losing any mass do to the HIT for cardio , thats kinda the reason for doing it is to actualy build lean muscle. HIT is meant to be pretty intense basicaly things like sprinting and fast stair climbing. I like to use a seated bike for my HIT cardio as I can kick the resistance up pretty high like cycling up a steep hill in a high gear but heep the RPMs sort of high. The units we have go from 1-25 resistance rating , I try to keep the resistance at about "15-17" and the RPM's at 80-90 , this brings my heart rate to 165-175 or so and I do that for 5 min then reduce the resistance to "10" for 5 min this generaly drops the heart rate back to 120 or so , then ramp back up to the previous level for 5 more min then a final cool down for 3-5 min and thats it. If anything my legs have gotten a little bigger

WOW

That's pretty freakin intense. I've been hearing not to get the HR above 130. Am I off here?

6:30 per mile for 3-4 miles seems like a pretty brisk pace, but if someone is conditioned to it, it's gonna be pretty routine..

I've always been a fast sprinter, but whenever I jog long distance, I get that abdominal cramp within the 1st half mile or so - I think it's called a stitch or something.. And since I'm lean and in good shape, I kno I'm capable of jogging a few miles, but I never do it cuz of the cramp I always seem to get.. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone have any tips to overcome it? It's not like I need the cardio, cuz my BF% is really low, but I'd still like to be able to jog if I wanted to.

I DO want to clarify that my goal is losing body fat while maintaining muscle mass. I do not care about cardio health as much. Nor do I care the distance that I go. Just burning fat and maintaining as much muscle as possible. Hope that helps.

6:30 per mile for 3-4 miles seems like a pretty brisk pace, but if someone is conditioned to it, it's gonna be pretty routine..

I've always been a fast sprinter, but whenever I jog long distance, I get that abdominal cramp within the 1st half mile or so - I think it's called a stitch or something.. And since I'm lean and in good shape, I kno I'm capable of jogging a few miles, but I never do it cuz of the cramp I always seem to get.. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone have any tips to overcome it? It's not like I need the cardio, cuz my BF% is really low, but I'd still like to be able to jog if I wanted to.

I get that as well. However, strangely when I do the ellliptical I don't get that nasty cramp. I'd like to know as well how to rid or prevent that cramp.

I get that as well. However, strangely when I do the ellliptical I don't get that nasty cramp. I'd like to know as well how to rid or prevent that cramp.

Started a thread about this a few days ago. Was told to try taurine. Started taking 2000 mg of taurine and 100 mg of potassium 30 min before I do my cardio.........cramping is almost non existent now! Worked for me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131