lynx

IFBB PRO/ NPC Judge / TRIPLE Featured Member/Verif
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So a buddy of mine goes rock climbing at the university gym with friends on Friday evenings. He always tells me I should give it a try, it's a different workout, blah, blah, blah. :D So I thought what the heck. They were "bouldering" last night. Huh. :confused: I asked him what that was when we got there and he explains that it's when you only climb up max 10 feet or so with out any cables. :eek: I'm not particularly fond of heights so this made me a bit nervous. My palms were sweating just watching people. :s

So when we walk into the bouldering cave he tells me he sees two issues with me climbing. 1) My shoes. Come to find out they use special shoes to climb in to grip better. All I have is my clunky lifting shoes. Great. 2) My nails. I still have fake nails that I have been keeping up with since Vegas this summer. I usually don't keep them for long but I thought what heck. Well, not so conducive to climbing.

Well, I did make it up three problems, granted they were the very lowest level: V0 Lol! But hey I did it! :) :eek: I left them and went upstairs and trained shoulders. I was having some issues with my grip but not too bad.

I woke up this morning and...holy hell my forearms are SO SORE! The rest of my body including my shoulders - totally fine. I was trying to cut something with a knife tonight and was having problems even keeping a grip on the dang thing! Nothing like jarring you out of your comfort zone to humble a person. :eek: Even so I had fun. :)

My friends rock climb all the time and work at the rock wall at my University. I used to go climbing all the time with them. Your grip and your back are going to LOVE this sport. It's amazing for grip. Also, if you can remember to use your legs when climbing you'll thank yourself later I assure you :)

Great sport for really tiny guys/girls with above average strength and endurance.
Absolutely crappy sport for weightlifters.

iv done it a few times in the past. always a good workout and pretty fun

I think I will stick to climbing my ass onto an elliptical or treadmill a few times a week...either way that does sound like a great tim

hell yeah man! climbing has been in my heart for years and years. I love it.

It gets exponentially better when you climb outside too! :D

If your in SoCal you should go rock climbing with my wife. She's into all that gay kinda shit and i'll never do it with her.

I worked for years at a high end outdoor shop and did a ton of rock climbing. I taught a number of my weightlifting friends the true meaning of forearm soreness. If you've never done it before, the pain in your fingers/forearms for the next few days can be unbelievable. Great core workout too. I still get out once in a while when I want to do something a little different.

You've got more _______ (fill in the blank) than me, dear! I don't think I could get to the first reach! :eek:

Lynx

I've tried too, and love it! Wish I could do it more often.

Good for you Lynx!!:) I tried it once in my younger/lighter days and it was very tough, but fun for sure. It was at a university gym as well.

lol here's some more 'gay' stuff for you. Lynx hope you dig this shit and it gets you super psyched :D

YouTube - Nick Duttle sending Lung Fish 5.14b in Rifle, CO

I climbed with Nick before. He's a SUPER NICE dude. Sickly strong...nice back development too since the only back training he does is climbing! It is very strange that he lacks sweat glands! The man doesn't sweat he has to stay in the shade underneath the cliff and boulders he climbs like a lizard or he will overheat! :eek:

And no pretty Lynx pics? :(

I was expecting the same since she's held the status quo so high.

Anyways, always great pics from both JT and yourself Lynx!!:)

rock climbing..i suck at that. i can do a bit of bouldering, but all i can really do are easy dynos(thats what theyre called right? the jumping) and whatever its called when you just go sideways.

Gay?

I know a couple of guys that can do pullups hanging by a couple of fingers on a ledge that barely sticks out a centimeter. Yeah, really gay.

lol here's some more 'gay' stuff for you. Lynx hope you dig this shit and it gets you super psyched :D

YouTube - Nick Duttle sending Lung Fish 5.14b in Rifle, CO

I climbed with Nick before. He's a SUPER NICE dude. Sickly strong...nice back development too since the only back training he does is climbing! It is very strange that he lacks sweat glands! The man doesn't sweat he has to stay in the shade underneath the cliff and boulders he climbs like a lizard or he will overheat! :eek:

My palms were sweating just watching that. :eek:
No sweat glands?! How weird.

Lol! :eek: No you guys got mad scientist pictures because JT snuck the camera away from me. :mad: :D He's like a ninja...LOL! :p

Next time I go I'll see if I can get some pics. I told them I wanted to put the harness on and try to climb to the top. :eek: That is if my forearms quit hurting by then. :eek: Sheesh.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear