over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRT After CHF- Family

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Long story short- father had congestive heart failure 7 weeks ago and was about 5 hours from death full body shutdown, open heart surgery, and about 40+ diagnosis with full organ failure and lungs filled with blood due to a valve rupture ( luckily the emergency surgery went well)
2 valves replaced.
He is 66 now and wants to back onto TRT but his doctor at this point said it is not a good idea with BP and so on.
Any opinions? I refuse to do it for him, his urologist won’t refill his RX.

Long story short- father had congestive heart failure 7 weeks ago and was about 5 hours from death full body shutdown, open heart surgery, and about 40+ diagnosis with full organ failure and lungs filled with blood due to a valve rupture ( luckily the emergency surgery went well)
2 valves replaced.
He is 66 now and wants to back onto TRT but his doctor at this point said it is not a good idea with BP and so on.

I’d go with the doctors advice

First, I'm sorry to hear that.

2nd - I don't believe anyone here on this forum should give you advice on this matter other then doctors professional opinion.

I'm most certain the brighter minds on this forum will agree to seek medical advice.

I hope it all works out for your old man.

Chip

Nope, nope, nope…. Unless he doesn’t care about dying, then that’s on him!

Cage

Yea man I had a heart valve replaced and had open heart surgery and all that and I wasn't fully healed until like six months after. My cardiologist did eventually clear me for trt but the negatives far outweigh the benefits here. I would listen to the doc!

Nope. Wouldn’t mess with it any time soon. He should try to get healthy and heal for now. Reassess down the road.

2 valves replaced.
What was his TRT protocol? Was he on AI or anything else? Physiological testosterone levels can be cardioprotective, and quality of life is also very important. Testosterone literally promotes vasodilation among other cardioprotective effects. If testosterone was cardiotoxic at upper physiological levels, we would see more heart disease in young people and not in older men with lower T levels.

To just say "hell no" to TRT is completely unscientific and based only on fear.

1693000970970.png

disclaimer: discuss with his medical team with the above information in mind^

What was his TRT protocol? Was he on AI or anything else? Physiological testosterone levels can be cardioprotective, and quality of life is also very important. Testosterone literally promotes vasodilation among other cardioprotective effects. If testosterone was cardiotoxic at upper physiological levels, we would see more heart disease in young people and not in older men with lower T levels.

To just say "hell no" to TRT is completely unscientific and based only on fear.

View attachment 181557

disclaimer: discuss with his medical team with the above information in mind^
He was on 120mg cyp every 7 days. His heart failed because he waited 15 years to get the open heart surgery after his cardiologist would urge him to get it done.
Surprisingly he is back to work, driving and everything. It wasn’t gear related at all , he had a heart issue since 29. All it took was smog where I live early July and golfing and both valves ruptured.
Low dose test as he was using never caused issues as he has bloods done 2x a year and countless EKG’s.
I think it would only benefit him to get back on as he is stable as it gets. His urgo is old school, but his surgeon is a younger guy and is all about cardio and lifting weights.
He has the money to consult with a clinic, so that’s the direction I told him to go.

Thanks for all your advice and ideas everyone

First, I'm sorry to hear that.

2nd - I don't believe anyone here on this forum should give you advice on this matter other then doctors professional opinion.

I'm most certain the brighter minds on this forum will agree to seek medical advice.

I hope it all works out for your old man.

Chip
Thanks brother and absolutely I come on here because the forum has so many view points but in the end he will get a few medical opinions and if a MD deems it to be ok to start back on then he will do so. The guy loves training and benefitted from TRT so much it was like a God send.

He was on 120mg cyp every 7 days. His heart failed because he waited 15 years to get the open heart surgery after his cardiologist would urge him to get it done.
Surprisingly he is back to work, driving and everything. It wasn’t gear related at all , he had a heart issue since 29. All it took was smog where I live early July and golfing and both valves ruptured.
Low dose test as he was using never caused issues as he has bloods done 2x a year and countless EKG’s.
I think it would only benefit him to get back on as he is stable as it gets. His urgo is old school, but his surgeon is a younger guy and is all about cardio and lifting weights.
He has the money to consult with a clinic, so that’s the direction I told him to go.

Thanks for all your advice and ideas everyone
Yep, we gotta remember. People that age have heart attacks and heart failure all the time.

It is entirely possible that his TRT has protected him and may have even saved his life.

2 valves replaced.
Sounds like his doctor is endangering your father’s health if he won’t prescribe him TRT

Too many people are replying who shouldn’t be and giving very harmful advice.

Low testosterone is cardio toxic. Just because the advice came from a doctor doesn’t make it true (guaranteed that there are better doctors who would do the right thing and prescribe it). A mathematician who says 1 + 1 = 3 is still wrong.

Too many people are replying who shouldn’t be and giving very harmful advice.

Low testosterone is cardio toxic. Just because the advice came from a doctor doesn’t make it true (guaranteed that there are better doctors who would do the right thing and prescribe it). A mathematician who says 1 + 1 = 3 is still wrong.
“This guy almost killed himself with an insulin overdose, let's remove his pancreas.“ Would anyone find this approach sane?

Like others have said. Testosterone can be cardio protective. Let us also not forget that testosterone muscle helps preserve muscle mass, which is incredibly important at an older age. Studies also have shown grip strength has been tied to longevity, which of course could just be lifestyle related. But interesting nonetheless.

Like others have said. Testosterone can be cardio protective. Let us also not forget that testosterone muscle helps preserve muscle mass, which is incredibly important at an older age. Studies also have shown grip strength has been tied to longevity, which of course could just be lifestyle related. But interesting nonetheless.

Not to mention the quality of life factor. I've seen too many patients in vegetative states. Basically a zombie that shits and pisses themselves, is fed liquid food, and just sits in bed all day. It's a horrible existence.

The Dr stated he is worried about his blood pressure and probably what a fragile state the heart is in after the surgery. You guys are like he needs it too protect his heart when his heart just failed him 7 weeks ago and he had to have some upgrades. Let him get fully healed before he worries about how much muscle he lost. Ultimately, it's the cardiologist's decision when he gets the clear. I don't think some of you grasp the severity of the situation he is in. Let people who have a great track record of getting people through these situations get him through this situation. Then he can worry about protecting his heart.

In general i find Dr.s opinion tends to be very conservatively based. And uses the knowledge base that has been deemed to be the proper course of action by those in charge regardless of what relatively recent science has shown. Get a range of opinions from professionals and ask them about any newer info that one finds when doing their own research. Then make up your own mind. As the patient is the one that has to live with the results.

The Dr stated he is worried about his blood pressure and probably what a fragile state the heart is in after the surgery. You guys are like he needs it too protect his heart when his heart just failed him 7 weeks ago and he had to have some upgrades. Let him get fully healed before he worries about how much muscle he lost. Ultimately, it's the cardiologist's decision when he gets the clear. I don't think some of you grasp the severity of the situation he is in. Let people who have a great track record of getting people through these situations get him through this situation. Then he can worry about protecting his heart.
Testosterone deficiency makes it more difficult to protect the heart. It is definitely not going to cure him but the best it can do is remove one pathway of cardiotoxicity
In general i find Dr.s opinion tends to be very conservatively based. And uses the knowledge base that has been deemed to be the proper course of action by those in charge regardless of what relatively recent science has shown. Get a range of opinions from professionals and ask them about any newer info that one finds when doing their own research. Then make up your own mind. As the patient is the one that has to live with the results.
the problem is most cardiologists aren’t trained on testosterone so they associate it with steroids and just blindly tell patients to come off. It’s malpractice without them realizing it.

Testosterone deficiency makes it more difficult to protect the heart. It is definitely not going to cure him but the best it can do is remove one pathway of cardiotoxicity

the problem is most cardiologists aren’t trained on testosterone so they associate it with steroids and just blindly tell patients to come off. It’s malpractice without them realizing it.
And do you even know what's the worst it can do?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131