over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ultimate Hypertrophy Training

I like to do the 4-6 while strong after light warm up and not after the fatigue of the higher reps and then completely fatigue the muscle with the higher reps. Sort of a reverse pyramid but with less sets. This routine has every aspect covered for growth. # of sets/reps, movements, frequency and even has stretch overload for hyperplaysia.

Will this work when cutting?

I usually cut doing 5x5 but my joints just can't take that anymore. I am not sure my shoulder can take this either. Would bumping all sets up a few reps be a deal breaker?

This routine will work great with cutting as it will allow you maintain maximum muscle. You could try any rep scheme you would like. Remember to just work on the TUT as this is more important than reps. 30 sec or greater.

Looks like a solid routine. Plan on giving this a run.

Question I had dealt with warm-up sets. What do these sets look like, and are you supposed to warm-up each body part before the compound movement?

bump!

I am going to do this workout starting on the new yr! I am limited to the gym only 3 days a week for the past yr " family man, other interests and of course work " gone are the days of being a gym rat, and three days a week is all I need and want to do anymore! I ran the DC 2 way split for a yr and gained more off that then my previous yrs of blasting away with volume. I guess I got carried away in the past buy doing to much B.S...

this routine looks solid actually and it's something a little different then straight DC rest pausing! going to do week 1 ABA week 2 BAB. rotate like the DC 2 way split...lower volume and frequency is the key IMHO

AWESOME ROUTINE :D
Im getting Great results, and using it in my contest prep i am currently 19weeks out from my contest.

Same question with the warm up sets? How many, reps? Thanks

Thanks for the positive feedback. If people would give this workout a try they would never train any other way. Why spend your whole life in a gym doing tons of sets and reps when not needed.
I just do a couple of warm up sets 12-15 reps but this is really an individual thing as many need more because of injury or age.

Razor Cuts,
With this routine, have you tried using an even higher rep range on the isolation exercise, say 12-15 or even up to 20 reps? I ask because it looks like your already have the 10-12 range covered with the second set of the compound exercise.

Im coming to the belief that rep ranges are a very personal choice and do not think any range is better than any other. It all comes down to the TUT. If you keep this over 30 sec no matter what rep range you use you will get just as much hypertrophy in any range.

RC, if I don't have someone to sit on my back for donkey calf raises, would a weight belt and some dumbbells suffice?

RC,

I noticed a lack of direct Deltoid focus. Assuming this is a matter of design, what is the logic? Would it make sense to add some ISO movements for side/rear delts somewhere; or, perhaps, even a sequence of a Compound/ISO specific for shoulders?

Thanks

RC,

I noticed a lack of direct Deltoid focus. Assuming this is a matter of design, what is the logic? Would it make sense to add some ISO movements for side/rear delts somewhere; or, perhaps, even a sequence of a Compound/ISO specific for shoulders?

Thanks

bmp

There is more than enough direct and indirect deltoid work. Your delts will grow do not worry.

I tried this workout last night..all i can say is wow!!! Today i am sore in muscle that haven't been sore in quite a while. Im gonna give this workout routine a go and see what happens.

Would this be good for someone training for about a year? I was going to start using Big A's routine, but this one looks more fun!

It all depends how you have been training the first year and how much muscle you have put on. I always like to see guys stick to the basic compound 2-3 day routines for the first 3-5 yrs.

This morning I tried it out. I like it a lot. I have a few qustions:

What's the suggested rest time between sets? Is it the same between all the sets or do you rest a little more between compound 1 and compound 2 than you do between compound 2 and isolation 1?

How many variations of the UHT workout are there and is one favored over the others? Do they all accomplish the same thing? It looks like there's this one, another with some more higher rep sets and another which supersets the opposing muscle groups.

Thanks!

This looks interesting. I'm gonna give this a try. I usually do volume in rep ranges of 10/8/6/4 or 12/10/8/8 etc.. and i'm always increasing weight every set through out the whole work out. I have great strength i'm at 184 under 7% body fat standing at 5'10. I'm looking to do some serious bulking over 200lbs to about 220lbs. I'm always down to try something new. I'll def log this too and update with progress.

Hey RC even though I'm an individual that's used to an high volume routine with high intensity. This routine should yeild high intensity for it's volume right? If not could I ad another set of 12 to the excersises? or another set of 6?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws