over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

UMBILICAL HERNIA SURGERY..

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
well i had surgery today to repair a umbilical hernia.. to say that it is possibly one of the worst experiences in my life is a understatment.. the pain is beyond what i expected.. every move.. every breath is horrendous pain.. so what do ya do?.. ya lay down.. WRONG!!.. then ya have to try and get up..which is a aweful experience.. BIG A WARNED ME!!..
now.. let me say this.. my wife is a awesome women.. sweet as they come.. love her to death.. but, she does have a fault that she cant help.. she is deaf in one ear and isnt exactly good in the other.. hard of hearing is a understatment.. so i get home and barely make it to the bed.. scream on the way down to lay down.. then basically faint.. (guys.. i shit ya not.. i made up curse words today that did not, to my knowledge, exist until i tried to lay down..) a hour later i come too.. i cant move literally.. every move or attempt is excruciating.. so i yell out "ann!!...ann!!...ANN!!.. ANN DAMN IT ANSWER ME!!".. nothing.. i wait a few seconds..i try another technique to move but, it makes me literally scream like i have been shot.. i am laying there like a turtle on its back.. rolling a little to and fro.. nothing.. every move brings "aaahhh god d@#$, mother f!@#$#".. still no ann..
i look at the clock.. it is 12:17.. i try other moves and get nothing.. i then think.. foolishly.. that i can make up some momentum and get to my side.. i try.. pain hits.. i lapse into a dream sequence.. i now come to realization that i am screwed..12:31.. i yell some more "ANN WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!??!?!".. nothing again.. by this time i am convinced she left me and is not in the house.. i am contemplating divorce and thinking how i can get the kids..(i really dont want them but, it would sure spite her).. still no ann.. 12:50.. still stuck like a turtle on its back.. and i am beyond pissed.. my anger is in a another dimension..i am so pissed.. that i am no longer showing anger.. i am contemplating plans on how i can orchestrate my wifes demise.. and giggling..
now.. i am going on a hour of this torture and i snap once again.. i grab a pillow and throw it off the bed and yell "MOTHER F!@#$#!!!!".. JUST THEN.. i hear my wife say "hey now.. why you being so grumpy?" i look and there is my wife standing in the door way.. i yell "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?".. she says "i have been talking to my mom on the phone 'grumpy gills".. (for those without kids it is off the nemo cartoon..grumpy gills..:mad: ).. i say.. "i have been stuck here yelling your name for a hour.. A HOUR!!.. i cant frickin' move!!! and you are yapping to your mom?? what the f@#$ ??..DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT A HOUR IS ?!?!?!?" she says "well.. i have to put the phone up to my good ear or i cant hear..duh".. (she almost "bought it" with the "duh" comment).. so i say "you are only two rooms away.. how the hell could ya not hear me?.. bad ear or not".. she then says "i thought i heard something but, didnt know it was you"..:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: " who the hell else would it be?" i asked.. "why? ya need help or something?" she said..:confused: :confused:
for the love of god.. i might go to jail tonight.. i can blame it on the pain killers.. yeah.. thats it..;)

Why didn't you stay in hospital?? I stayed 2 nights just so I can have nurses fuss over me! LOL

One thing, PRAY that you don't have to sneeze!

Sorry bro, but I had to laugh my ass off at your post.Just please use restraint with your wife though ...all we need is another one of those headlines,"BODYBUILDER ASSAULTS WIFE etc".

Hang tough for the next couple of days, and use those Percocets liberally!Take care bro, and hope that you feel better soon.

LATS, this kind of scares me!

i think i have a slight umbilical hernia, kinda like a little bubble that pops out a little if i squueze my abs...im pretty sure i got it from deadlifting about 5 weeks ago (which goes well with my left eye which is just now starting to turn back to white from popping all the blood vessels...again!LOL)

what was your hernia like? was it a complete hernia where there was like a marble-sized ball popping out of your belly button...or more like the way i described mine (partial herniation??)?

Hey lats, I feel for you bro, but be thankful you did not sit here and actually read what you just typed. You think it hurts to move try laughing. You will not go to jail cause it's gonna hurt so bad when you go after your wife you'll pass out before you get there. Now they say laughter is the best medicine......in your case I will prescribe the anger. When I had double hernia's fixed (inguinal) I came home and started my recovery. The wife did the right thing by getting me some vids to watch. So unknowingly I had not seen Shrek yet..........so i put this on thinking a bit of humor will cheer me up!! How fucking wrong was I? I started to laugh then cry cause the pain was so bad I thought my guts and nuts were going to bust out of the stitches. I had to turn that shit off cause I was sure my wife would come home and find me lying on the floor with my entrials spewed out all over the floor. Now that that was over I came to the realization that I had to have a dump at some stage.............I think an enema would have been better........Now the inguinal surgery is nothing compared to your umbilical. BigA was 100% correct when he said you shoulda stayed for a couple of nights........good drugs (legal) and cool chic nurses to make you feel better and ease your suffering. Listen bro....I wish you a speedy recovery and now would be a good time to contact the local dealer for some heroin!!! Seriously though....Please take it easy (you have no choice) and heal up bro. I like to say we share your pain here..........but bro you are on your own on this!!!!

Big A said:
Why didn't you stay in hospital?? I stayed 2 nights just so I can have nurses fuss over me! LOL

Thats the one thing I did pray about....please dont sneeze or cough.

Lats, dont feel bad. My wife's a nurse so her tolerance to people in pain is "numb". I hear ya though on getting up and down. The second day my wife said to me, you dont really need me around your just laying around. Im going to go to my sisters and see her for a little bit. She was gone for 6 hours.

There I am laying on the couch "icing my nuts", well almost. Cant hardly move, walking like a cowboy and high on pain pills.....it was the best 3 days of my life.:D

oldfella said:
Hey lats, I feel for you bro, but be thankful you did not sit here and actually read what you just typed. You think it hurts to move try laughing. You will not go to jail cause it's gonna hurt so bad when you go after your wife you'll pass out before you get there. Now they say laughter is the best medicine......in your case I will prescribe the anger. When I had double hernia's fixed (inguinal) I came home and started my recovery. The wife did the right thing by getting me some vids to watch. So unknowingly I had not seen Shrek yet..........so i put this on thinking a bit of humor will cheer me up!! How fucking wrong was I? I started to laugh then cry cause the pain was so bad I thought my guts and nuts were going to bust out of the stitches. I had to turn that shit off cause I was sure my wife would come home and find me lying on the floor with my entrials spewed out all over the floor. Now that that was over I came to the realization that I had to have a dump at some stage.............I think an enema would have been better........Now the inguinal surgery is nothing compared to your umbilical. BigA was 100% correct when he said you shoulda stayed for a couple of nights........good drugs (legal) and cool chic nurses to make you feel better and ease your suffering. Listen bro....I wish you a speedy recovery and now would be a good time to contact the local dealer for some heroin!!! Seriously though....Please take it easy (you have no choice) and heal up bro. I like to say we share your pain here..........but bro you are on your own on this!!!!

This is the first time Im gonna give you hell Oldfella. "Now the inguinal surgery is nothing compared to your umbilical surgery"......I beg to differ. If thats the case now I feel like a REAL PUSS :D

well.. i say i want to kill her.. but, 12 years a go she was ranked kick boxer.. so in all reality.. she would beat into a fetal position..:eek:

LATS said:
well.. i say i want to kill her.. but, 12 years a go she was ranked kick boxer.. so in all reality.. she would beat into a fetal position..:eek:

LOL! Wouldn't take much at this point to knock you out, you've actually done it yourself. :D

i feel ya bro

my girl has hernia surgery about a month ago. they say she was either born with it or got it from being a gymnast. man it was hell taking care of her bc when my girl is pissed she can be a straight up BITCH! her hernia was in her pelvis area and in order for them to fix her, they had to tack her along her pelvic bone in order for the mesh to stay correctly. because she is so damn small the surgery didnt go so well for her. she couldnt walk for 2 damn weeks because of them damn tacks on her pelvic bone. she was hollering at me for 2 weeks straight but hey..the make up sex was damn worth it! haha

hope you feel better playa!!

I HAD THAT SURGERY!

MINE WAS ABOUT 2 INCHES ABOVE THE NAVEL. SMALL BULGE ABOUT THE SIZE OF A QUARTER IN CIRCUMFERENCE.

YEAH, THAT'S NO FUN....BUT YOUR STORY SURE WAS, LATS!

THEY DID MINE WITH A LOCAL INJECTION....ME AND 2 DOCS...2 NURSES....LAYING THERE NAKED, WIDE AWAKE WHEN YOU ARE 17....COLD ROOM. LET'S JUST SAY I WAS MORE WORRIED ABOUT HOW I LOOKED TO THE NURSES THAN MY ACTUAL SURGERY. LOL.....I KEPT THINKING....CATCH ME ON A WARM SUMMER DAY...THEN, I'LL BE READY FOR THIS NUDE IN FRONT OF WOMEN BULLSHIT!

LATS.....JUST DON'T HURRY BACK INTO LIFTING TOO HARD WHEN YOU GET FEELING BETTER!

Had the same thing

When I went in for my liver I told the doc about the hernia I had on top of my belly button.He said no problem and fixed it when my abs where folded over from the inside!! LOL Luckily for me I couldnt tell the difference between the pain of the major surgery or the hernia repair,It all felt like HELL. So I sorta know what your going through.Laying down the first time you get home and getting out of bed was the worst as Im sure it is for you Lats.

LATS said:
well i had surgery today to repair a umbilical hernia.. to say that it is possibly one of the worst experiences in my life is a understatment.. the pain is beyond what i expected.. every move.. every breath is horrendous pain.. so what do ya do?.. ya lay down.. WRONG!!.. then ya have to try and get up..which is a aweful experience.. BIG A WARNED ME!!..
now.. let me say this.. my wife is a awesome women.. sweet as they come.. love her to death.. but, she does have a fault that she cant help.. she is deaf in one ear and isnt exactly good in the other.. hard of hearing is a understatment.. so i get home and barely make it to the bed.. scream on the way down to lay down.. then basically faint.. (guys.. i shit ya not.. i made up curse words today that did not, to my knowledge, exist until i tried to lay down..) a hour later i come too.. i cant move literally.. every move or attempt is excruciating.. so i yell out "ann!!...ann!!...ANN!!.. ANN DAMN IT ANSWER ME!!".. nothing.. i wait a few seconds..i try another technique to move but, it makes me literally scream like i have been shot.. i am laying there like a turtle on its back.. rolling a little to and fro.. nothing.. every move brings "aaahhh god d@#$, mother f!@#$#".. still no ann..
i look at the clock.. it is 12:17.. i try other moves and get nothing.. i then think.. foolishly.. that i can make up some momentum and get to my side.. i try.. pain hits.. i lapse into a dream sequence.. i now come to realization that i am screwed..12:31.. i yell some more "ANN WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!??!?!".. nothing again.. by this time i am convinced she left me and is not in the house.. i am contemplating divorce and thinking how i can get the kids..(i really dont want them but, it would sure spite her).. still no ann.. 12:50.. still stuck like a turtle on its back.. and i am beyond pissed.. my anger is in a another dimension..i am so pissed.. that i am no longer showing anger.. i am contemplating plans on how i can orchestrate my wifes demise.. and giggling..
now.. i am going on a hour of this torture and i snap once again.. i grab a pillow and throw it off the bed and yell "MOTHER F!@#$#!!!!".. JUST THEN.. i hear my wife say "hey now.. why you being so grumpy?" i look and there is my wife standing in the door way.. i yell "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?".. she says "i have been talking to my mom on the phone 'grumpy gills".. (for those without kids it is off the nemo cartoon..grumpy gills..:mad: ).. i say.. "i have been stuck here yelling your name for a hour.. A HOUR!!.. i cant frickin' move!!! and you are yapping to your mom?? what the f@#$ ??..DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT A HOUR IS ?!?!?!?" she says "well.. i have to put the phone up to my good ear or i cant hear..duh".. (she almost "bought it" with the "duh" comment).. so i say "you are only two rooms away.. how the hell could ya not hear me?.. bad ear or not".. she then says "i thought i heard something but, didnt know it was you"..:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: " who the hell else would it be?" i asked.. "why? ya need help or something?" she said..:confused: :confused:
for the love of god.. i might go to jail tonight.. i can blame it on the pain killers.. yeah.. thats it..;)

I had the wonderful experience of having this surgery a little over 6 weeks ago. I also was lucky enough to have 2 other hernias in my groin. So I had a total of 3 hernias patched up at the same time. OH JOY! Everything you say is true, it was the worst pain ive ever had. Makes the pain of post injection pain and pain in the gym look like childs play. I was on oxycontin for about 6 days, taking 2 horse pills every 5 hours or so. It was all done out patient so I was home about 2 hours after the surgery.
As far as recovery, it went well so far. I emailed Dennis James and Markus Rhule because they both had umbilical hernia surgery. Both of them took 4 weeks off from the gym, did no lifting at all. I took off 16 days and that was all I could handle. Went back in and did sets of 20 reps. I didnt do: squats, leg presses, deadlifts, bentover rows, cable rows- kinda stuff that puts a lot of stress on your core. Did more machines than I ever have. Now after 4 weeks of light lifting I am now starting to go down to 8 reps on the sets and am doing all of the lifts I normally do. No pain so far. I have about 20 pounds or more to put back on that I lost and much strength, but am hoping it comes back fast. I did use 4 IU GH/day and 350 mg test/wk while recovering, that might have helped some.

mainevent said:
This is the first time Im gonna give you hell Oldfella. "Now the inguinal surgery is nothing compared to your umbilical surgery"......I beg to differ. If thats the case now I feel like a REAL PUSS :D

For me the inguinal hernias I had hurt worse than my umbilical hernia. I had them all repaired at the same time. With the inguinal hernia is felt like someone had my left nut in a vice and was squeezing the hell out of it 24 hrs a day. That went on for over a week. The umbilical hernia only hurt if I had to use my abs to get up out of bed or something like that. The pain from the inguinal hernia was a constant ever present pain!

Well LATS, I am gonna be straight with ya man. Your wife is secretly torturing you for all those hot, humid, muggy ass midwest summer days when she is outside mowing the lawn and you are inside with me as we talk/argue about bodybuilding! Ahhhh, memories!:p

I know Melvin just had hernia surgery and he said it was one of the most painful injury's he had. Sorry to hear it bud! You'll be back in no time.

i have had it done twice both umbilical both painful
the worst is taking a shit

????

I had the surgery done twice and the pain was not bad at all! I would say my brain anuerysm hurt 10 fold. Each individual has a particular pain threshhold for different procedures! Best of luck with your recovery!!!

mainevent said:
Well ME, start feelin like one!!:D From what lats is describing his shit hurts bad! Pardon the pun Lats....... I know what you mean, it all depends on the way they fixed them. I had one of the best laproscopic surgeons in OZ do mine. This guy was marvelous, If I was that way inclined I would have tried to marry this guy. He was so careing and so understanding. At the initial consult he spent an hour with me, had a room full of agro looking patients but was asking me all about BBing, lifting and such. Asked me if I could do a program for his son that plays rugby. Just a real nice guy. Made the nerves settle a lot. I'm a real puss when it comes to that type of shit. I'll torture myself to the point of not being able to walk for a week, but you tell me I gotta have surgery and it's Game over!! Hey Lats, I hope you make a speedy recovery bro! Take it easy for at least four to six weeks! You do not want to go thru this shit again:eek:

Big A said:

Yeah, me either. Then i couldnt workout for 4 months.
I hope you recover soon my friend. Stay away from people with flu, you dont want ot cough....:eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws