over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

unpasturized eggs

1 in 30,000? Where did that number come from? Why do people seperate the whites from the yolks then? Has fat and cholesterol in the yolks just been an old wives tale all these years then?

No, its not a wives tale. There is plenty of fat and cholesterol in the yolk. Its just that eating this healthy fat and cholesterol does not have a negative effect on ones health or cholesterol levels.

No, its not a wives tale. There is plenty of fat and cholesterol in the yolk. Its just that eating this healthy fat and cholesterol does not have a negative effect on ones health or cholesterol levels.

Ok, just wondered why people would only eat the whites? I always ate the whole egg myself.

My eating philosophy is a bit archaic.

Say a monitor lizard is walking about and stumbles upon a nest of freshly laid bird eggs, is he going to ask himself "hmm, should I separate the yolk from the white before I indulge in this meal? I wouldn't want to die of a heart attack."

When a wolf pack kills an elk, does the alpha male take time to try and cook the liver or does he dive in and devour?

All animals in nature thrive on raw foods. Only man cooks. And one of the main reasons is to kill any perceived threat to their health.

It also makes it taste a whole lot better. Nutritionally, I see no advantage over raw meat.

Clean, parasite free raw meat and raw whole eggs are arguably the best health building and muscle building foods available. Same goes for raw milk.

Gironda preached it, I didn't believe it. I tried it and I've never felt better, and I've been growing like a weed.

My $0.02.

Ok, just wondered why people would only eat the whites? I always ate the whole egg myself.

from a health perspective you should eat the whole egg, from a bodybuilding perspective switching to whites can be an easy way to lower your calories.doesn't mean it is impossible to diet with whole eggs either though, both can work..

if your talking about the general population though people have stayed away from any food containing cholesterol because many authorities have said it is bad for you, this is false. it is actually the opposite. the body thrives on cholesterol and needs it generous amounts to function at a peak level.

Last edited:
For real 100's, lol ? Whens the last time you had your cholesterol checked?

Cholesterol levels are checked every three months, my doctors last words to me were, you cholesterol levels are slightly higher than normal but nothing to worry about...

Ha ha ha, hundreds? And I thought I got weird looks from my egg ladies when I told them that I drink a dozen or so a day.

I never eat the yolk just the whites. I have 10 in the morning on waking, 10 pre workout and 10 post workout..

My gf gets them for me as she works in a shop that sells them, her co-workers thinks i must be crazy to eat the amount i do...

Show me the study that links dietary cholesterol to cholesterol levels in the blood... Let me save you many hours of research.. Cause there are none..

Also, the odds of salmonella poisoning is 1 in 30,000.. And alot lower with farm fresh eggs..

Some sites you can use to do some additional research.

www.thecitychicken.com
Backyard Poultry magazine. Dedicated to more and better small-flock poultry.
Home
Raising BackYard Chickens, Build a Chicken Coop, Pictures of Breeds
Theres seems to be alot of confusion when it comes to eggs and cholesterol, ive even read new research that suggests eggs reduce bad cholesterol...

Lipid oxidation is what is harmful. As long as the fat is not oxidized by heat, it remains good for you.

Lipid oxidation is what is harmful. As long as the fat is not oxidized by heat, it remains good for you.

I saw you comment on this before, and was meaning to ask what cooking methods would be acceptable then? Low heat on a stove top, soft boil, raw? All of the above? Microwave would be a no-no, I suspect!

I saw you comment on this before, and was meaning to ask what cooking methods would be acceptable then? Low heat on a stove top, soft boil, raw? All of the above? Microwave would be a no-no, I suspect!

depends on the fat. Some are more stable than others.
With eggs, you'd want to cook on low heat, or soft boiling would be a good way.

If you're cooking on stove top at high heats for meat and are using oils, it's better to use a saturated fat like coconut or palm(or even butter from the right sources) instead of olive oil. Olive oil(along with poly's) are fairly unstable in heat unless it's lower temps

I never eat the yolk just the whites. I have 10 in the morning on waking, 10 pre workout and 10 post workout..

My gf gets them for me as she works in a shop that sells them, her co-workers thinks i must be crazy to eat the amount i do...

You said hundreds though, how could you eat that much? You must have some nice gas, lol. No, seriously, 100's? :eek:

we have are own chickens. i eat them raw all the time with no problems.

You said hundreds though, how could you eat that much? You must have some nice gas, lol. No, seriously, 100's? :eek:

That is correct 30 ed 7 days =210..

Weekends i dont weight train just cardio but i still comsume the same amount of eggs.....

That is correct 30 ed 7 days =210..

Weekends i dont weight train just cardio but i still comsume the same amount of eggs.....

Did you have any biotin related health issues due to consuming them raw sans the yolk? Why would anyone want to take way the only really nutritious part? Egg whites are almost 100% pure protein and need fat in order to be digested properly.

Hey guys

I have a friend that owns a small farm. She has offered me a great deal on the eggs she has. The chickens are free roaming and have an awesome life.

The eggs are unpasturized and of course not fertilized. I am curious if it is riskier to eat these raw?

If so, I will just cook them, if not I will continue eating them raw.

Thanks guys,.

Plenty safe to eat. They are not caged like commercial chickens, therefore they do not sit in their own and every other birds excrement! The bacteria found in chickens raised in this country is a direct result of our farming practices.

My godson got Salmonella from undercooked eggs when he was 10 years old. He nearly died. I know what everyone will say, "hes a kid and doesn't have a fully devoloped immune system."

Well, I wouldn't risk it. How much difference will it really make cooked or uncooked for muslce growth? Not much if any, so why the fuck risk it?
At 38, theres more to life then just BB. Risks vs benefits. No pay out on this one.

My godson got Salmonella from undercooked eggs when he was 10 years old. He nearly died. I know what everyone will say, "hes a kid and doesn't have a fully devoloped immune system."

Well, I wouldn't risk it. How much difference will it really make cooked or uncooked for muslce growth? Not much if any, so why the fuck risk it?
At 38, theres more to life then just BB. Risks vs benefits. No pay out on this one.

actually, eggs are more bioavailable when cooked

the "un caged chickens " seem to be safer to eat...thats the word out here in farmcountry anyway.

actually, eggs are more bioavailable when cooked

I don't feel that they are. That study was examining the digestibility of raw egg whites, not the whole egg. The egg yolk is indispensable for proper digestion of the entire egg.

I've tried them exclusively both ways for a number of months. Raw whole eggs gave me much better results, muscle gains and health wise. I do like to mix it up though. I make a mean omelet.

They should have used me for their study. I was skeptical, too.

Last edited:
I don't feel that they are. That study was examining the digestibility of raw egg whites, not the whole egg. The egg yolk is indispensable for proper digestion of the entire egg.

I've tried them exclusively both ways for a number of months. Raw whole eggs gave me much better results, muscle gains and health wise. I do like to mix it up though. I make a mean omelet.

They should have used me for their study. I was skeptical, too.

In this study, it's a bit over 5g of fat for 25g of protein
**broken link removed**

Are you saying that everything else in your diet, training, and supplemental routine was the same outside of switching those two variables? Would you also think that it's possible the added fat contributed to the muscle gain if nothing else was changed in your program?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131