over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Unrealisitic Goal, or no?

ricorico

Registered
I would very much like to get my incline to 455 this winter. I maxed out at 405 about a month ago, then I got sick for a couple weeks and have been back at the training for 2 weeks.

Im suffecient amount of gear, and im eating TONS of calories, and Im still lifting heavy. I dont know, something about 4 plates and a 25 per side would just put me on cloud nine. My tricepts are certainly the weak point. I always fail top half when maxing. So I am thinking about really focusing on incline and flat close grip and slowly adding the weight and maybe trying to max once every 3 weeks or so.

thoughts?

Good diet, training, rest, recovery, and supplementation will do you wonders and YES IT IS POSSIBLE

sounds realistic.
but deep down you should know yourself...

I think by setting a goal and trying your best to achieve it , you will gain in the process regardless.

yeah, sounds doable, depends how hard you want to push yourself really and then there's always halo ;)

i'm sure you already have a plan down for your training so i won't give a lecture but i will say polymetrics (bands on bars, and going explosive on the eccentric) and training just the lockout portion of the lift helps a ton when trying to break through new plateaus for 1 rep maxes. if you aren't already incorporating them you might want to give it a try

Yeah if You work on incline closegrips You should be able to do that

lol, i dont get point of max out incline....sounds like a shoulder injury waiting to happen my bro...b safe

yeah, sounds doable, depends how hard you want to push yourself really and then there's always halo ;)

wait, Halo makes you that much stronger??

I would very much like to get my incline to 455 this winter. I maxed out at 405 about a month ago, then I got sick for a couple weeks and have been back at the training for 2 weeks.

Im suffecient amount of gear, and im eating TONS of calories, and Im still lifting heavy. I dont know, something about 4 plates and a 25 per side would just put me on cloud nine. My tricepts are certainly the weak point. I always fail top half when maxing. So I am thinking about really focusing on incline and flat close grip and slowly adding the weight and maybe trying to max once every 3 weeks or so.

thoughts?

are you a powerlifter/bodybuilder?

If you have done 405 i dont see why 455 would be impossible without proper diet, exercise and rest. But as someone asked are you a power guy or body builder. I just dont see the point of one set max besides patting ourselves on the back. Trust me it feels great, but when you cause an injury you will set yourself back big time. I have not done one set maxes sine my early 20's. I work out to maintain strength and look good and stay in shape. Just three weeks ago, my buddy forced me essentially to try to max. I am not a massive guy, i am 5'6" and 175lbs. In my college year when i was 155, i did 305 two reps which was pretty good. I put up 335 thinking that i may not be even able to lift it once. Needless to say i benched it clean 3 times, 4th with struggle but 100% me, my buddy (shitty potter) starts screaming make it five make it five and i went for the 5th rep and he came in way too late and now i have a torn labrum in my shoulder and have not lifted in 2 weeks and will be out at least another 6-8. What did i accomplish? Not a damn thing. I was doing just fine repping and working out with 225-275 etc. Just my 2 cents :)

It's very do able, you will dictate the outcome.. Why do you want to max anyhow? Maxing is a recipe for disaster.. Injuries my friend!

From a training stand point, if your triceps are the weak spot I would suggest trying from floor presses on a smith rack or something similar if you can. Also, do some research on correct bench form. Sounds crazy but proper form on bench makes a world of difference. With a little tweaking you may already be there with the weight? Be careful not to over train..a mistake a lot of guys make..gotta let the body recover.

Good luck..let us know how it goes..video???

dont ask yourself if you can do it or us! tell yourself you can and go get to work and do it!! I will ask you the same as others have previous.. why are you maxing out on incline?? I also dont see the point at all even if your a power guy as flat barbell press is the lift in meets....

I dont want to sound negative and i am a very positive person, but i am also more of a realist. And you are wanting to add 50 pounds to a max in only 45 days. That is not very realistic if you ask me but you know your body best and you might think you can. If you can then that is totally awesome and i wish you luck. But you are only talking 5 more chest sessions if you are hitting the iron hard and only working chest once a week. 50 lbs to a max in 5 sessions seems like a lot to me. Dont rush it too hard at the expense of an injury. But work your ass off and prove me wrong. Good luck my friend.

lol, i dont get point of max out incline....sounds like a shoulder injury waiting to happen my bro...b safe

Same, my friend maxes on incline all the time but I don't get it. I love it for putting on size but I'll stick to flat bench for maxing :D

Having said that, OP I imagine it would be possible but if your max is under 405 now and that's the most it's ever been then who knows. Such an individual thing...

It's def doable , jus don't know bout max inclining like that ,, tried tha once and never again ,, strained my shoulder bad,, was out for bout 6 months , sucked ,,
I've alwayz seemed to get alil bit stronger by isolating the muscle one side at a time , then when I go back in train using both sides Im able to max out higher, but that jus me , everyone different

Make the 2 and half pound plates your best friend. Wont be long you will surpass your goal.

Make the 2 and half pound plates your best friend. Wont be long you will surpass your goal.

You can also go as far as to use fractional plates. I have a set that range from: 1lb plate, 3/4 lb, 1/2 lb, and 1/4 lb. Using those will allow you to increase the weight each and every week and was useful in bodybuilding. If you want to get strong really fast I used to use a good 5x5 program or powerlifting program similar with great results. I would ask in the powerlifting forum if you dont have much experience in that.

take enough steroids, eat alot, and train hard and ull hit it

ricorico give overhead lockouts a try. Inclines are the base of my chest training per se. While board pressing is nice and all, IME overhead lockouts have more carryover for inclines. The movement is from the top of the head to lockout

I dont want to sound negative and i am a very positive person, but i am also more of a realist. And you are wanting to add 50 pounds to a max in only 45 days. That is not very realistic if you ask me but you know your body best and you might think you can. If you can then that is totally awesome and i wish you luck. But you are only talking 5 more chest sessions if you are hitting the iron hard and only working chest once a week. 50 lbs to a max in 5 sessions seems like a lot to me. Dont rush it too hard at the expense of an injury. But work your ass off and prove me wrong. Good luck my friend.

I agree...AND you have to keep it in mind even if your muscles are getting stronger quickly from chemical assistance doesn't mean your tendons and ligaments are and going to be able to support that weight as quickly...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131