over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Walking Beast's Journal Of Mutilation

Arms

Basic Maintenance/Leaning phase. Very light , mid volume

I was going to aim for a record with the 300 lb curved bar pressdowns and exceed 30 reps, since I hit 30 last week. Curved bar is often not available at this gym. It seems very random when it appears. I went with the shorter straight bar which is harder so only hit 15 reps.

Nothing special. My biceps were torn up as fuck as they have been the last several weeks. Not in a good way. They get very tender. Its common for me, but its been bad the last few weeks.

I went super light with biceps because of that. My arms got pumped and swollen as fuck with just 20 and 15 lb strict dumbbell curls at the very end. I could barely curl the 15's by the end. Much more pump from that then with the strict 55 and 45 lb curls today. I didnt really have a choice but to train for pump since my biceps are demolished for now.

Aslong as I can train around this issue I may hit a growth phase starting on the 21rst. Will feel shit out. Right now is just maintenance and some leaning.

The leaning part is extremely slow and I am not aggressively leaning or maintaining right now. Bare minimum.

My waistline was lower today though. Waistline was 37.5 inches. Around the navel was 40-41. Normally when Im heavier my waistline is 40-41 and navel is over 43. Im also lower in bodyweight due to my legs being down 3 inches each. Legs are around 26 to 26 1/2 cold flexed right now. Normally they stay above 28 inches. Fully bloated they are at 29 sometimes. Despite that, I am gaining weight again by filling out my muscular measurements, minus legs. Havent trained legs in a while. If I start a growth phase then I most likely will add them in. Right now I dont give a fuck and am only training three times a week. I was training twice but now Ive added arms back in.

I still have to pick up karbolyn and the amino powder at my mailbox. For now Ive been taking 5 grams creatine again intra training with 2 grams beta alanine. I get several more grams from my pre workout so its enough. Ill start adding the beta into the intra with the karbolyn and amino powder soon.

My arms were painfully pumped and swollen at the very end with the super light curling with very little rest between sets, sometimes just brief rest pauses. Which may be the kind of stimulation they need to grow, since I always focus on heavier and moderate weights for high reps.

Acid was extreme in throat by the end. I was done anyway. I might have done some tricep dumbbell presses but not while choking on acid. Cant really lay down like that.

Weird sensation of having something stuck in throat. Goes into my mid spine. I get that feeling after back training too where its like something is stuck in throat. So the back strain ive been perceiving my be connected somehow. Can never tell but adapt to any changes.

226 lbs after meal and some milk

Strict Straight Bar Pressdowns

KILOGRAMS for all tricep work unless noted

No rest til line (warm up)

35x100
65x30
95x10 (210 lb stack)
45x15 Strict Dumbbell Curls (Palms facing entire time, no twisting)
--------

No rest til line (see 2 part video)

300 lbs x 15 (Could not find curved bar today. two 45s pinned to stack)
255 lbs x 10
95 KILOS again x 10
80x10
65x10
57x20
55x8 Strict DB curls again, Biceps tender as fuck, stayed light
------------

Strict V Bar Pressdowns

KILOGRAMS for pressdowns

no rest til line

65x50
95x10
45x15 strict db curls again
-------

Not everything to failure, just pump shit. Dropsets push shit beyond failure anyway with no rest, even when each set is not failure.

No rest til line

95x20
80x10
65x20
45x15 strict db curls again
-------

One Arm Pressdowns

KILOS

No rest til line (Only rest is alternating each arm)

30x10 (Matched on both sides for each set)
30x10
30x10
30x10
45x15 strict db curls
-------

Steep Incline Dumbbell Curls With Holds on each rep

35x30 (brief rest pauses)
30x65 (Same. This set the course for the light work that came next. Since biceps are compromised right now)

Standing Strict Dumbbell Curls (Palms facing no twist)

Very little rest between sets and Holds

20x20
15x20
20x20
20x15

No rest til line

35x10
20x15
-----

The 20s were painful at this point. Biceps were swollen with blood. It doesnt take alot now that they are damaged.

KILL THAT SHIT

Videos below

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxTIA5uHips"]Straight Bar Pressdowns Dropset 300x15 and down the stack into 55 lb dumbbell curls, Light training - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJsbOpq3iE"]Straight Bar Pressdown Dropset Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

About to hit chest and delts. Ill be staying with the recent style of pressing on hammerstrength inclines that Ive been using. Full range but without making contact with the bottom stoppers on the machine. Keeps the tension more constant without over stretching the chest (which I am rehabbing) and allows me to hit failure with less reps since the range is higher. Also much stricter since there is no bang off the stoppers at the bottom.

Main target today will probably be 360 for 20-25 in that style on the HS inclines. For 410 maybe 15 or so. It would be better to avoid 410 and 450 for now while rehabbing but I will see how the area feels and judge at the time.

For shoulders I may just focus purely on pump. Maybe Ill go up to 540 on the nautilus overhead press machine but that will probably be done in a dropset to keep the pump.

I still want to give shoulder joints a break so I can fuck up some good numbers on some of my other shoulder pressing movements. The harsher ones like dumbbell shoulder press and smith machine militaries. Id like to be recovered enough by the 21rst to start moving in that direction. I will possibly hit a growth phase starting then.

Ive been intentionally avoiding db shoulder presses, smith militaries and hammerstrength iso lateral shoulder press since those are harder on my joints. I often cycle harsher movements off and on to keep joints recovered to break records, which is always a big part of how I train.

Right now Im still a good deal lighter and carrying less muscle too most likely, but muscles are beginning to fill back out and Im a little leaner. I should really start to fill out during the possible growth phase soon. My target is more along the lines of hitting my peak muscular measurements while retaining my current waist size or even reducing it. There wont be a focus on new muscular measurements for a while, but there doesnt need to be. Its still new muscle growth if I can match those numbers and do it while being leaner.

KILL THAT SHIT

Chest Rehab ,Delts and Rear Delts (trap focused laterals and overhead pressing machine)

Light, Low volume, Maintenance and leaning phase

Chest felt stronger and less compromised today. I didnt get that usual tenderness that I get in the starting position on presses. Its not gone but it subsided enough to where 450 wasnt a problem today. Using this full range style, without hitting the bottom stoppers, I should be able to work the 450 up to 20-30 reps soon. Ive already done many reps in the past with various styles. Going up to 580 for reps.

This style is good though because I dont get any inertia by banging off the bottom stoppers. Its pure muscle contraction. Which makes it harder than hitting the bottom. I still cant contract my chest muscles isometrically to full force without causing issues so its more about banging out the reps now, in strict form.

The area seems to be re inforcing though. 450 may not be a good idea every week but Ill see how shit feels. I couldve easily loaded 540 on the machine but I decided against it. I would rather focus on high reps for now to avoid popping my chest for the fourth time.

450 felt very light, but the endurance is still compromised. The reps will increase very quickly though. I adapt to changes very fast when it comes to strength.

For shoulders I started with deeper range on the nautilus overhead presses. Strength is way down on those but I also havent been banging off the bottom and stopping before hitting the bottom, which takes more control. Regardless my strength is way down on these for whatever reason. I am still 16 lbs lighter and not fully back muscle wise. A little leaner though.

I just did some pump work with dropsets on shoulder presses. Then my style of db laterals to get blood into the traps.

Chest hit 55 inches cold flexed. An inch off from peak, but leaner. It fluctuates from 54 1/2 to 55 now. Legs are down to 26 range. 2-3 inches down from peak. No leg training in a while. Ill bring it back if I decide to start a growth phase on the 21rst though most likely.

Ill bring up my strength weekly on the incline hs presses with the same form for now.

227 lbs after meal and protein bar

CHEST REHAB

Flat Barbell Bench Press (Used for warm up and stretching only)

Bar x 200 (Plus barbell stretches to each side)

Iso Lateral Incline Hammer Strength Press (Full range reps just short of bottoming out, unless noted)

Some reps are also paused at the bottom

No rest til line (Warm up only. Mix of 3/4 and full reps)

90x50
180x20
270x10
-----

320x10 (Full reps again. Just a test to see how chest strains feel)
360x20 (Full reps. See video)
410x12 (Same. See video)

No rest til line (See video, Mix of full and 3/4 reps)

450x8
360x7
270x8
180x8
--------

Nautilus Horizontal Chest Press (plate loaded again)

Full range reps for all of these

no rest til line (Some holds)

90x50
180x10
------

no rest til line (Holds on these)

230x10
270x5
-----

No rest til line

270x8
180x10
----

Not pushing shit too hard with holds and reps here. Just want to get the main work in for my chest and some pump work for now. To rehabilitate without tearing the shit. I couldve rest paused alot more reps but not worth the risk.

Nautilus Overhead Press (plate loaded)

(Seat set to line below 7 for deeper reps. Full range reps here)

No rest til line

180x15
270x10 (Just warm ups)
------

360x10
450x6 (Weak, but not banging off the bottom lately. Strength is still way down on these)

Seat set at line below 9 for these (Arms about paralell to ground like a standard military press)

No rest til line (These were 3/4 reps mostly. Fast ballistic style but not banging off the bottom. Stopping right before hitting the stoppers)

(See video)

540x4
450x5
360x5
270x12
180x50 (Brief rest pauses used often for this machine)

--------

Dumbbell Laterals (trap focused version)

No rest til line

45x50
75x5
------

Again

45x30
60x10
-----

no rest again

65x25
55x10
45x10
-----

No rest again

75x15
55x10
45x10
----

No rest til line again

80x10
55x10
45x10
------

Strength and endurance was up in traps and shoulder joints for these. Usually joints burn like hell before I get to 30 reps with the 45s. I can do more reps than 50 but dont push to failure with these.

Beta alanine may be helping with muscle endurance. Been taking 2-5 grams extra in my intraworkout drink with 5 grams creatine. I get 2 grams just from my pre workout as well.

Still waiting on my amino and carb powder for intratraining as well.

Reverse Machine Flies

Long holds on each rep

no rest til line

115x20
190x10
-----
no rest til line

235x10
295x10
190x10
160x10
130x10
-----

Long holds means keeping arms completely straight at the peak of the contraction for maybe 1-2 seconds. Dont time it. They vary on each rep. I make sure to get a good hold with each rep.

KILL THAT SHIT

videos below

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0jMiQ6pU0Y"]Incline Hammer Strength Press 360x20 Full range reps, Light training, Leaning and maintenance phase - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHP1xPmDwFw"]Incline Hammer Strength Press 410x12 Full reps, Light training, Maintenance and leaning phase - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPfF-6kOgWA"]Incline Hammer Strength Press Dropset 450x8,360,270,180 Full and Three Quarter reps, Light training, - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEpdA8Lcsck"]Nautilus Overhead Press Dropset Finisher 540 and down, Light training, Maintenance and leaning phase - YouTube[/ame]

Back, Delts (trap focused laterals) and Rear Delts

Very light and low volume maintenance and leaning phase

Hit a record today with chin ups which wasnt bad. I am down to 225 lbs so thats part of the reason. Ive hit 32 at 235 lbs and 43 years ago at 200 or sub 200 lbs. Those were the overhand wide style back then.

Muscle and strength is coming back decently for a maintenance phase though. Possible growth phase will begin on 21rst. Unsure yet.

I stuck with strict lat pulldowns. Completely upright no hinging at the hips. Thats pretty new for me as I almost never do them that strict. I want to experiment and see what it does. I need to train lighter for now anyway because my biceps have been torn up as fuck for weeks.

Just sending a signal to my lats to fill back out basically. Very light lat pullovers due to hiatal hernia being irritated lately.

Got my intraworkout products back in. 2 scoops Pro Bcaas, 1 scoop karbolyn, 2-5 grams beta alanine, 5 grams creatine mixed in 32 oz of water or gatorade taken during training. Thats what Ill be using on training days now. I also refill it frequently at the water fountain, which means I get in 64-96 oz of water in as well during training. Something that is more recent for me. The only other liquid I really get is from milk that I drink throughout the day and monster energy drinks. Maybe one a day or less.

225 lbs after meal

Chin Ups (Palms facing , close grip)

165 lbs assistance x 20 warm
120 lbs assistance x 10 warm
33 at bodyweight (PR for this bodyweight. Hit 32 at 235 lbs and 43 at 200 long ago, see video)
10 at bodyweight

Strict Lat Pulldowns With Medium Length Curved Bar (palms facing grip)

Completely upright, no leaning back

160x15 warm
220x12

No rest til line

250x7
220x5
190x5
160x5
130x8
-------

Hammer Strength lat pullover (plate loaded)

no rest til line

100x40
190x15
---------

no rest again

190x20
100x20
------

no rest til line

40x40
65x10
55x10
------

again

65x20
55x10
40x10
------

again

65x20
55x10
45x10
------

Reverse Machine Flies

Long holds

125x20 warm

no rest til line

190x10
250x5
-----

no rest again (Brief and long holds)

295x10
220x10
175x10
145x10
--------

Iso Low Row Hammer Strength (plate loaded)

Biceps torn up, very light

no rest til line

90x15
180x10
270x5
----

again

270x15
180x15
------
KILL THAT SHIT

video below

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq5XOU4Z1yw"]33 Chin Ups At 225 lbs Leaning and maintenance phase - YouTube[/ame]

Arms

Very light and low volume

Time constraints. Maintenance/leaning phase.

One hour 15 minutes to train only.

Biceps torn up so extremely light with those.

Limited time to train today. It was good enough though. Probably should not be training biceps at all for a while. They have been fucking torn up lately.

Hit a possible PR with tricep only dumbbell presses. Right elbow dislocating and clicking bad during set. Still banged out 31 reps. Not bad since I havent done these in weeks, but tricep strength is at peak so it wasnt a problem aside from my elbow clicking bad. That goes away after a few weeks of doing that movement specifically.

Attempted to load of 300 lbs on the stack but its hit or miss. Machine had severe friction and didnt want to fuck up my elbows so I went with the 210 lb stack for 51 reps. Went down the stack and into curls but fiming was cut short.

I would have gone for 300x31 on curved bar pressdowns.

No idea yet what to do about biceps. Theyve been ultra tender for many weeks. A full break from training would probably benefit the area but I will try to keep shit going for a while before doing that again. I can always cut back on bicep related shit. Substitute pullovers for rows, cut out bicep work if need be.

225 lbs after meal, May be 228, This scale seems to have me 3 lbs heavier but I havent used it in a long time so 225 may be correct.

Tricep Only Flat Dumbbell Presses (elbows tucked to sides, palms facing)

40x25 warm
75x25 warm
100x31 (PR I believe. See video. Right elbow dislocating, clicking slightly, Had to keep readjusting my elbow, still banged them out)

Strict Curved Bar Pressdowns

No rest til line

KILOGRAMS unless noted otherwise for ALL pressdowns

35x100
65x50
95x10
40x15 Strict Stand Dumbbell Curls (palms facing , no twist, with holds)
---------

No rest til line (See video)

Attempted to load the stack to 300 lbs. Machine jammed up. This happens often with these stacks. Its hit or miss. So I went on to 210x51 instead of 300x31 or so.

Only filmed the first set, got interrupted

95x51 (210 lb stack)
80x20
65x20
57x20
50x20
45x20 Strict Standing DB curls again, with holds
-------

V Bar Pressdowns (strict style still)

KILOS

no rest til line

65x40
95x10
40x20 Curls again, same style, Pounds for these
-----

No rest til line

95x20
80x10
65x10
57x20
40x15 Zottman Curls (Alternating dumbbell curl with reverse curl negative)
-----------

Time constraints so I moved over to bicep work. Super fucking light because my biceps are destroyed lately. For weeks now.

Steep Incline Dumbbell CUrls

35x25 (Holds, Brief rest pauses)

Standing Cambered Bar Curl

no rest til line

90x10
70x10
------

KILL THAT SHIT

videos below

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIosrjRl3DU"]Tricep Only Dumbbell Press 100x31 Right elbow clicking, Light training,Maintenance phase - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVY-Mf2k95k"]Curved Bar Pressdowns Dropset 210x51 and down the stack into curls Filming cut short, Machine Jammed - YouTube[/ame]

About to hit some chest rehab and delts. Main target will probably be 360x21-25 on hammerstrength inclines. Some other will be 450x10 plus possibly, etc. In the strict full range style Im doing currently.

Shoulder pressing will mainly be pump work most likely. Some trap focused laterals and rear delts possibly as well.

KILL THAT SHIT

Chest Rehab And Delts, Rear Delts (trap focused laterals , overhead pressing)

Very light and low volume, Maintenance, Leaning

Camera lost footage of lifts. Battery was low and it only filmed the first 10 seconds of each lift.

The only progress today was 410x14 for full reps on Hammer Strength Incline Press. Different gym but changing machines didnt seem to be an issue.

This is still chest rehab so the main concern is just building the area back up, re strengthening.

Legs are back up to 27 without any training. Most likely just water weight. Fluctuations. Dont really measure the area since I havent trained them in months. All other measurements are around where I last listed them. This is still just basic maintenance.

226 lbs after meal, (this may be accurate but this scale usually has me 3 lbs lighter it seems, been a while)

Chest Rehab

Flat barbell bench press (warm up only)

Bar x 200 plus barbell stretches

Hammer Strength Incline Press (Full range reps except just short of hitting bottom stoppers)

No rest til line (warm ups only)

No weight x 40
90x40
180x25
270x10

Most of these are partial reps to warm the area up
--------

320x10 warm up only
360x20 (Matching last week)
410x14 (Just short of lockout on final rep, up from 12 last week. Recent PR only, but progress for the rehab)

No rest til line (Still all full range reps)

450x7
360x7
270x7
180x10
-----

There are some holds and pauses at the bottom as well mixed in with these.

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press (plate loaded again)

Holds with these at the top. Just short of bottoming out but full range.

No rest til line (warm ups)

90x15
180x15
-----

230x12

No rest til line

270x8
180x8
-----

Not pushing it with these or chest in general, still taking it easy on the chest strains. Area not too tender today but never healed. It is getting stronger again, but it only takes one pop to start the rehab over again.

Hammer Strength MTS Shoulder Press (Pin loaded)

(Did these to give my shoulder joints a break. Just pump work)

No rest til line

200x20
310x5
-----

No rest til line

310x15
210x15
170x15
-----

Reverse Machine Fly

Long holds on each rep

no rest til line

165x15
225x10
------

again

275x10
210x10
165x10-15
-----

Dumbbell laterals (trap focused version)

no rest til line

45x30
55x10
-----

again

75x20
55x10
40x10
------

Camera should work next time.

KILL THAT SHIT

Just found your log buddy.I will be following I like the rugged hardcore style.

Just found your log buddy.I will be following I like the rugged hardcore style.

Welcome to the journal brother !!

Post anytime. Its always good exchange ideas with like minded lifters.

KILL THAT SHIT

About to hit some back and trap focused laterals. Still just barely eating enough for maintenance. This is just a bare bones phase. My focus now is to do the least amount of training and eating to maintain muscle, strength and stay leaner, so that I can start a growth phase around peak size, muscle wise. I dont care about holding extra fat bodyweight.

Its good to start a growth phase with the muscles filled out as much as possible, to reduce wasted weeks of the growth phase. Spending weeks just getting back old size is a waste.

This is a semi break for me. Nothing Im taking seriously, though I never go to the gym to fuck around. Its just scaled back in volume. Not so much intensity.

Though I am limiting my beyond failure training techniques and certain harsher movements to let my joints recover and be strong for the growth phase that may begin on the 21rst. Heavily considering starting it then.

Probably not too many strength records until I begin my growth phase. Ill try for 34 chin ups today which is a rep record for being above 220 lbs. Ive hit 32 at 235 lbs and 43 at sub 200 or around 200 lbs. Chin ups are the odd exercise with PRs as it changes depending on your bodyweight. When I hit 43 at 230 plus or 240 thats definately stronger than doing it at 200 lbs or less. I did move in my grip however and do a close grip palms facing style these days. Wide overhand fucks me up these days. Otherwise the wide grip overhand may be easier as its less range of motion.

Aside from that I will probably just pump the fuck out of my lats with relatively light weights. Maybe alternating sides with rows again, no rest aside from when one side is rowing. Maybe film that as well as chins. Nothing too special.

My biceps are still greatly compromised. The tenderness will probably never subside unless I take a full training break. May not happen for a little while. Will see how shit progresses.

KILL THAT SHIT

Back, Delts (trap focused laterals), Rear Delts

Mid volume, Light training, Leaning/Maintenance phase

Very light overall training today but I compensated with about 36 sets for back alone. I didnt do an accurate count on the alternating Iso Low Rows with 270 but theres a video. I was just going for pump so it didnt matter.

This is just maintenance. I attempted chin ups today but I could not get a grip where my legs werent getting caught up on the assistance pad. My legs swing forward when I hang from a chin up bar, and the machine was in the way. Ill have to do them at the other location I was doing them at.

I hit strict lat pulldowns again today. Staying as upright as possible basically. Much harder but hits some different muscles in the back than the usual way.

The pullovers were extremely light since they fuck with my hiatal hernia. My width must be back however as I could almost hold the elbow pads down by flexing my lats. Im only measuring at 54 1/2 to 55 around the chest/back measurement, down from 56. Leaner though. Its possible I just lose some thickness from front to back but the width may be back. It may be a loss of muscle in my chest since Im rehabbing the area or in back thickness. Everything will fill back out during a growth phase.

Ill see about hitting a growth phase on the 21rst. This is just minimum maintenance for me now. Eating has been very mixed.

225 lbs after protein bar, stayed up to train

Attempted Chin Ups (palms facing grip)

165 lbs assistance x 20 (warm up)
100x10 same
Bodyweight x 15 (I cut these short because my legs kept getting caught up on the assistance pad. My legs swing forward when I hang. Ill hit these again at the other location)

Attempted them one more time. Couldnt get a grip where this wasnt an issue on this machine.

Strict Lat Pulldowns with Medium Length Curved Bar (palms facing grip) (Staying as upright as possible)

165x15 warm
250x8

No rest til line

250x5
220x5
190x5
160x5
135x10
------

No rest til line

265x5
220x5
190x5
130x10
------

No rest til line (see video)

295x4
250x5
220x5
190x5
160x5
135x10
------

Iso High Row Hammer Strength

no rest til line (warm ups)

180x15
270x15
------

No rest til line (See video for exact number of reps, just estimated)

270x10 (Alternating sides is the only rest. Matched on both sides for all sets)
270x5
270x5
270x5

--------------

No rest til line

270x8 (matched both sides again)
270x5 (same)
-------

Iso Low Row Hammer Strength

270x15 (both arms simultaneous)

No rest til line

270x10 (alternating sides style again)
270x10 (both arms simultaneous)
-----

Hammerstrength Lat pullover (plate loaded again)(Holds mixed in)

Lats were swollen creating major friction on pads. So width seems to be back. Missing some thickness possibly.

No rest til line

90x40
180x20-30
------

no rest til line

180x30
90x30
-----

Extremely light since these fuck with hiatal hernia.

45x60 (brief rest pauses)

No rest til line

75x15
45x20
------

Reverse Machine Flies

Long holds

no rest til line

140x10
215x10
-----

Again (Possibly regular reps for these, but mixed)

270x5
190x10
165x10
----

KILL THAT SHIT

videos below

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Kamren