over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Water intake

michelin

Registered
We read all the time about how water is important and that so much should be drank each day to maintain hydration and cleanse the system......this I understand.

But can someone explain to me how drinking water can reduce water retention/bloating ?

Drinking lots of water (only when thirsty) is one of those things that I do but I dont fully understand the science behind why Im doing it. Its never been clearly explained to me.

This is the only place I trust to get a correct answer and I apologise in advance if it sounds like a dumb question, but if you dont ask then youll never know :)

bloating is sometimes due to minerals/salts in the body and if you go really hard core and drink only distilled water you can really reduce the bloat...Alex

thanks, but I'm looking for how it works rather than what works.

thanks, but I'm looking for how it works rather than what works.

simply, when you take in significant amounts of water, your body will use what is needed for biological purposes (digestion, mineral involvement, hydration of organs/tissues/muscles....etc) and then flush out when is not needed, thus reducing significantly the amount of water you are holding (bloating). When you cut off or significantly reduce your water consumption, especially restricting it so there is not enough to use for biological necessity, your body will react in a defense mechanism by storing/holding whatever water is left in your system and the small amounts that you are taking in

I strongly suggest against drinking distilled water, this is not a healthy practice. As for why drinking more water will help with retention it was explained pretty well above. Once your body reaches peak hydration it no longer has a need to store water. As long as electrolytes are balanced then retention should not be an issue.m So drink plentry of water all day long to maintain hydration. Avoid excess sodium intake and you will not bloat.

Competitors got some crazy idea that drinking distilled water will dry you out more. I have seen too many guys ruin great conditioning with distilled water and seen quite a few get ill from doing this. We require minerals in our water and food to maintain a balance. Just plain old H2O is best!

I strongly suggest against drinking distilled water, this is not a healthy practice. As for why drinking more water will help with retention it was explained pretty well above. Once your body reaches peak hydration it no longer has a need to store water. As long as electrolytes are balanced then retention should not be an issue.m So drink plentry of water all day long to maintain hydration. Avoid excess sodium intake and you will not bloat.

Competitors got some crazy idea that drinking distilled water will dry you out more. I have seen too many guys ruin great conditioning with distilled water and seen quite a few get ill from doing this. We require minerals in our water and food to maintain a balance. Just plain old H2O is best!

Corect, no need of distilled water, water is the most common substance in your cells.

I'm portuguese and my technical english might not be very good, but if you drink lots of water your body will produce an hormone that i'll make your kidneys retain less water, because your body won't need that amount of water.
(this is what is written in my biology book)

=P

I'm sure you'll find a better explanations in the web...

If it was portuguese, I would give you a much better explanation...

Hope it was usefull (maybe not) :D

thanks for the replies fellas, I got it now :)

I'm portuguese and my technical english might not be very good, but if you drink lots of water your body will produce an hormone that i'll make your kidneys retain less water, because your body won't need that amount of water.
(this is what is written in my biology book)

=P

I'm sure you'll find a better explanations in the web...

If it was portuguese, I would give you a much better explanation...

Hope it was usefull (maybe not) :D
Aldactone is the one you are looking for!

Aldactone is actually a drug.

Aldosterone or Angiostenin II is what he's referrring to.

Water is very important, even your bones are a quarter water. The muscles that drive your performance are three-quarters water. The brain that stress your limbs is 76% water. The blood that carries your nutrients is 82% water. And the lungs that provide your oxygen are near 90% water. These basic facts emphasize the first nutrient in your quest for optimum performance is water. The most important nutrient in your body is plain water.

Dehydrate a muscle by only 3% and you cause about 10% loss of contraction strenght. Try to clean you water with the four-step reverse osmosis system using cellulose triacetate membranes.

Aldactone is actually a drug.

Aldosterone or Angiostenin II is what he's referrring to.
my mistake, this is actually what I was meaning. Thank you for the correction.

I knew it was an 'AL-something-one'. HAHAHAHHA cheers!

Drinking when thirsty?? I thought bodybuilders need a minimum of 1 to 2 gallons a day?? Even more when dieting.. If that is the case then im over hydrating myself..

OH YEA?

Drinking when thirsty?? I thought bodybuilders need a minimum of 1 to 2 gallons a day?? Even more when dieting.. If that is the case then im over hydrating myself..

1-2 GALLONS A DAY? WHERE IS THAT WRITTEN? WHERE IS THAT TESTED? YOU MAY NEED MORE, YOU MAY NEED LESS........WHO KNOWS? WANT ME TO TELL YOU WHO KNOWS? YOU KNOW.............YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU ARE THIRSTY. NOW, USE COMMON SENSE.........YOU MUST KNOW WHAT THIRSTY IS BUT HEY, IT AINT HARD.

Try to clean you water with the four-step reverse osmosis system using cellulose triacetate membranes.

Care to share a little more on this, Emeric? :)

Try to clean you water with the four-step reverse osmosis system using cellulose triacetate membranes.

This is what I have. You can get a complete system on ebay for under $200. I also has a 5 gallon storage tank so you always have supply on hand. Takes about 1.5 hours to set up and fints nice under the kitchen sink.

Care to share a little more on this, Emeric? :)

The Office of Technology Assessment reports a test of water supplise of 954 citis, showing that almost 30% of tham are seriously contaminated. Water authorities do what they can, but it is far too expensive to make our tap water healthy enough to drink. So our tap water is treated only to minimum standards, by sedimentation, filtration,chemical conditioning, and disinfection with chlorine.
The toxic metals, pesticides, industrial chemicals,they are all still in there when it comes out of your tap. So are the 50 chemical used in the water treatment. So are the dead bacteria killed by the chlorine. So are the carcinogenic trihalomethanes from the chlorine itself, that are known to cause liver cancer.

Tap water will not kill you, but may will prevent your body to fuction properly.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131