mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what gave better results? slin pre or post werkout?

What gave better results? Slin pre or post workout?

• Total voters
I like slin preworkout while cutting and post workout while bulking when I could load on carbs.

I use humilin r. This sounds weird but works for me at keeping it more stable for me.

8-10 iu insilun
15 minutes later ill eat a actual meal instead of shake.
1 cup of rice with 6 oz chicken, and a juice of some sort. its light and not heavy were i can't train.

About 1-130 hour later ill hit the gym with a shake. I only train 1 body part or arms. Chest or back or arms ext so I'm not in there for to to long you know.

shake- 50g whey, 1 cup of lactose ff milk, 1 banana 1 cup of fruit and 2 tbsp of peanut butter powder blended(strawberries blueberries raspberries ext,what evers on sale) so roughy 65g of protein and 80 grams of good carbs.

then about a hour after the gym i eat another 6-8 oz of chicken with potatoes or rice, and even throw in a coupe pieces of toast.

I think it also depends on your goals. If dieting I think humalog post workout is best because you can still burn fat during your workout and post workout cardio. Then shoot your slin to shuttle in all the nutrients and follow fat free diet for the 5hrs it's in your system. If not dieting or using it in a non cardio day when I did humalog pre workout I noticed killer pumps but I'm not sure if it's anymore anabolic pre or post workout.

Humalog preWO for me, I keep it fairly moderate...5-8iu for arms (most people would suggest not using it on arms day but they are my weakest bodypart atm) and 10-12iu for back.

Previously I was doing 10-15iu on legs, back and chest/delt days.

I keep it EOD at the most, and use metformin when I can (have it) as well

PreWO goes perfectly with proper peri workout nutrition (particularly intraWO) in the form of something premade like intraMD or a homemade version which I tend to use

20g EAAs
50-100g HBCD (depending on bodypart)
+creatine, glutamine and half a scoop of an older VPX shotgun formula that had citrulline malate, beta alanine and leucine in it

I think the consensus nowadays is that pre is more optimal. I agree as well from personal experience.

My protocol is if doing slin prequel out I'll shoot ghrp/ghrh wait 10min the 2-3iu GH with 5iu humalog. Then I'll have 50g whey with 60g waxy maize, glutamine, creating and 5g leucine. Then 10min later my pre workout drink and 20min later train. I'll drink 1/2 gallon water with bcaa's when training and 1hr later when training is over is when the humalog spikes again which is perfect timing for my pwo shake which is basically the same as my previous shake but I'll have 70g whey and 75g waxy maize and I'll have 2g glycine, 1g VitC, 500mg ginseng,digestive enzyme. Then 2hrs later will be the last fat free meal even though the humalog has probably cleared but I keep it at chicken/rice

When u take log pwo I do the same shot sequence but I'll have my pwo shake and then 1.5 hours later chicken/rice and 2.5hrs later another protein/carb only meal.

I know when insulin is present your body doesnt want to burn fat so it seems logical if you are dieting to use humalog post workout/cardio. So if I train for a hour and then afterwards do 30min cardio and when finished inject my slin and have pwo drink followed by fat free diet for 5hrs can the slin impact any fat burned from the workout cardio? I guess what Im asking is after my training and 30min cardio, when finished does my body normally continue to burn fat? I figure after my normal protocol with no slin I still have a waxy maize/protein shake which will spike natural insulin and blunt fat burning so using humalog shouldnt be any diff except much more anabolic. Would be wise to add it frequently when dieting post workout only or limit it due to its effect on burning fat?

I know when insulin is present your body doesnt want to burn fat so it seems logical if you are dieting to use humalog post workout/cardio. So if I train for a hour and then afterwards do 30min cardio and when finished inject my slin and have pwo drink followed by fat free diet for 5hrs can the slin impact any fat burned from the workout cardio? I guess what Im asking is after my training and 30min cardio, when finished does my body normally continue to burn fat? I figure after my normal protocol with no slin I still have a waxy maize/protein shake which will spike natural insulin and blunt fat burning so using humalog shouldnt be any diff except much more anabolic. Would be wise to add it frequently when dieting post workout only or limit it due to its effect on burning fat?

Curious about this too because I currently use preWO while adding mass. But come November I will stop bulking and will be cutting calories back gradually. I would think that pinning 5-10iu pwo with regular shake then scheduled fat fre meals would prove to be a great recipe to get the most out of your post workout supps and food.

Curious about this too because I currently use preWO while adding mass. But come November I will stop bulking and will be cutting calories back gradually. I would think that pinning 5-10iu pwo with regular shake then scheduled fat fre meals would prove to be a great recipe to get the most out of your post workout supps and food.

IIW clear your inbox....

I asked a friend of mine this and below was his response. I still can't figure out if pwo slin will effect fat loss if take pwo/post cardio:

Endogenous (naturally produced) insulin begins working seconds, not minutes, after it is secreted. Because of the location of the pancreas, endogenous insulin absorbs first into the liver circulation, where it has its greatest immediate impact, then travels through the bloodstream to the muscles and other organs. Its “peak” is in a couple of minutes, and it is cleared from the bloodstream a few minutes later. Very rapid. Compare that to “rapid-acting” insulins (Novolog, Humalog, Apidra), which take several minutes to start working, peak in 45 minutes to two hours, and take anywhere from 3-6 hours to completely finish working. Not nearly as rapid/refined. The blunting of oxidation lasts much longer via synthetic insulin making it important to cycle carefully when dieting. I'd often use it on high days when carb cycling {2 days a week} to help facilitate muscle glycogen replenishment and get the added anabolic benefits to grow up to a show. We also have to consider when GH is added to the daily mix and how it can mitigate some of the blunting effects of exogenous insulin.

Exactly. It makes zero sense to completely neglect the benefits obtained with pre-workout slin, when one can experience all benefuts of both pre and post workout slin administration with a single pre-workout inject of Humilin R.

It is clear that there are unique benefits derived by pre-workout slin, which cannot be obained by post-workout adminitsration, but taking it pre-workout allows the user to take advantage of ALL benefits....both pre & post.

I'm thinking about doing low dose 3-4 iu when I'm on trt. Maybe 3x a week. I have used slin of and on for 10 years but only on high aas, and hands down pre is the only way i will run . I don't want to get to fat. Is it possible to do this.

^^^ I dint see why humalin R is needed to obtain both. Humalog peaks 30min after inject and then again 60-90 min later and then still stays in you for another 3-4hrs. So pin your humalog and drink 1/2 your carb/protein shake on way to gym. It peaks by the time you get there so drink the other half then or even have another intra workout shake. Workout for an hour and it's second peak hits when your done so have pwo shake and then 1.5-2hrs later have your fat free pwo meal #2 and your set. Then next meal your clear to eat fats again if you choose.

I have done humulin-R pre and post with gh and I prefer pre. I'm able to get a lot of calories in during the active window. There was a smoothie king beside the gym I trained at and I would drink a 1,000+ cal large hulk before and during my workout and a second large hulk after and I got leaner week to week. I don't pay attention to fats with slin but I guess everyone is different or possibly using too much

Humalog preWO for me, I keep it fairly moderate...5-8iu for arms (most people would suggest not using it on arms day but they are my weakest bodypart atm) and 10-12iu for back.

Previously I was doing 10-15iu on legs, back and chest/delt days.

I keep it EOD at the most, and use metformin when I can (have it) as well

PreWO goes perfectly with proper peri workout nutrition (particularly intraWO) in the form of something premade like intraMD or a homemade version which I tend to use

20g EAAs
50-100g HBCD (depending on bodypart)
+creatine, glutamine and half a scoop of an older VPX shotgun formula that had citrulline malate, beta alanine and leucine in it

Nice plan, well thought out and researched

I asked a friend of mine this and below was his response. I still can't figure out if pwo slin will effect fat loss if take pwo/post cardio:

Endogenous (naturally produced) insulin begins working seconds, not minutes, after it is secreted. Because of the location of the pancreas, endogenous insulin absorbs first into the liver circulation, where it has its greatest immediate impact, then travels through the bloodstream to the muscles and other organs. Its “peak” is in a couple of minutes, and it is cleared from the bloodstream a few minutes later. Very rapid. Compare that to “rapid-acting” insulins (Novolog, Humalog, Apidra), which take several minutes to start working, peak in 45 minutes to two hours, and take anywhere from 3-6 hours to completely finish working. Not nearly as rapid/refined.

"insulin injected into muscle peaks and finishes working twice as fast as insulin injected into the fatty later below the skin. It doesn’t work harder, just faster."

Public service reminder - DO NOT ATTEMPT INSULIN USE until you have done your extensive research and always have simple fast acting CARBS at hand. Getting fat ain't the worst that can happen.

**broken link removed**

Post not meant to diagnose or treat health issues.

Fun Fact:

On January 11, 1922, a 14-year-old with type 1 diabetes named Leonard Thompson received an experimental injection at the Toronto General Hospital that would change history. At the time, type 1 diabetes was thought to be a death sentence, and the injection – a crudely purified derivative of fetal calf pancreas –was a last-ditch effort to keep the nearly comatose boy alive.

The experimental injection was not an immediate success. Thompson suffered a severe allergic reaction and the insulin injections were stopped, but the researchers did not give up hope. They worked quickly to make a purer version of the insulin treatment, and with this new injection Thompson's symptoms began to improve. After using the experimental injections for about two weeks, his blood sugars returned to near-normal levels. Thompson's life was extended by an additional 13 years using insulin, and Frederick Banting and J.J.R. Macleod, two of the lead researchers, went on to win the Nobel Prize for their pioneering work (the prize was later shared with colleagues Charles Best and James Collip).

Since the early 1920s, it is remarkable how much insulin therapy has improved. The first commercial insulins were impure, large-volume bovine (cow) or porcine (pig) formulations injected with large needles that patients had to sharpen themselves.

...talk about scar tissue

Post not meant to diagnose or treat health issues.

Attachments

• Insulin time line.JPG
    Insulin time line.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 340

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhenry117
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner