over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What is it about junk food?

sorta OT..............

OK so whats the cheat meal of choice here?
Whats the best shitload cheat meal combo?
Maybe...for me...mmm...cheeseburger and fries.
I remember those...sniff.
(cryin on the inside...)

evolution

the reason you feel so good after having a high carb/fat/sugar food is an evolutionary trait. Humans have no instinct like a lion does on what to eat. we do however have chemical responses to consumed foods. if you lived like a caveman and had sugars in tiny quantities like maybe once a year you stumbled onto a bees nest and got honey the feeling of pleasure your brain would experience would be magnitudes of multiples above what someone feels when taking heroine. these high energy foods are biologically necessary for every day function and since we arent pre programed to be carnivores or any other thing our brains compensated by having a chemical pleasure response. it was a way for us to seek out foods that will deliver the most bang for the buck in terms of calories and energy. these calories had really only 2 primary functions. one was to operate the gut and the other was to operate natures greatest accomplishment, the human brain. those 2 things are the highest consumers of energy in our bodies. it really boils down to survival.

you guys arent helping me! lol. man ive been dieting for 9 weeks and got 8 to go for my first show. its like torture sometimes. been having a cheat meal a week and after i eat it i feel awesome. harder, more vascular, stronger ect. but it def opens the flood gates for cravings. its like a drug addict trying to use once after being clean awhile.

Its almost exactly like that BUT just a tad bit easier:D and it also doesn't involve illegal substances...LOL

My favorite cheat meal is ANYTHING with LOTS of sauce and pasta. I use chicken parmigiana because i make it and i go all out. I bread the chicken, fry it up, bake it with tons of cheese AND THEN finish it up wiht as much pasta and sauce as i can heap on a plate.

Everlast, that is probably the all time best meal for shitloading in my book too=-0 The greasier and saltier the better. Good thing this is a 'healthy' sport.

OK so whats the cheat meal of choice here?
Whats the best shitload cheat meal combo?
Maybe...for me...mmm...cheeseburger and fries.
I remember those...sniff.
(cryin on the inside...)

I always was under the impression it was Carbs + protein.

At least if your on a low carb diet.

It is low in cals, and don't have the horrible fat/carb mixture. And you have the protein to lower the GI of the carb. And stimulates your thyroid etc.

Any rebuttals?

hese high energy foods are biologically necessary for every day function and since we arent pre programed to be carnivores or any other thing

Tkav, I've done several papers and actually co-authored a chapter in a book about evolution of our genetics and evolution of our environment. I have a strong opinion on this, and it is obviouse if you loook at our history.

It's simply our environment has evolved quicker than our genome. We ate nothing but meat and some plants for millions of years, then all of a sudden agriculture was born only a few hundred thousand years ago(diabetes popped up CVD as well within the next few years along with a bunch of other metabolic diseases). Look up how much our genetic shave changed over the past hundreds of thousands of years... It is under 0.2%. I can go on with examples of westernizing Eskimos, and Chinese - but I think you get what I'm saying. But I agree with the whole 'neural chemical reaction to carbs' - but not that we need carbs (not even for fiber, look up the eskimos see what they used, give you a hint: eye balls and intestines ;) ) .

Let me know if I didn't understand what you were saying takv - your a smart guy, I really enjoy your posts.

Tkav, I've done several papers and actually co-authored a chapter in a book about evolution of our genetics and evolution of our environment. I have a strong opinion on this, and it is obviouse if you loook at our history.

It's simply our environment has evolved quicker than our genome. We ate nothing but meat and some plants for millions of years, then all of a sudden agriculture was born only a few hundred thousand years ago(diabetes popped up CVD as well within the next few years along with a bunch of other metabolic diseases). Look up how much our genetic shave changed over the past hundreds of thousands of years... It is under 0.2%. I can go on with examples of westernizing Eskimos, and Chinese - but I think you get what I'm saying. But I agree with the whole 'neural chemical reaction to carbs' - but not that we need carbs (not even for fiber, look up the eskimos see what they used, give you a hint: eye balls and intestines ;) ) .

Let me know if I didn't understand what you were saying takv - your a smart guy, I really enjoy your posts.

my point was more on the physiological responce to high energy foods. fats and carbs, but when broken down into theyre basic sugars. i agree that its not something we "need" . look at the diets of cavemen, mostly game they killed. the most vauleable pieces of that game were also the tastiest, like the fatty loin, eyeballs are verry high in fat and protien. our brain likes to reward our choices when the body gets what it needs with a release of one of the pleasure hormones. we werent desigened ro run off of high quantities of simple sugars and high doses of carbohydrates but both of those things are an easier source of energy for our bodies to break down and use, its the high dose influx of an essential nutrient that our brain responds to. its along the same line as a drug, we dont need nicotine but people who use tobacco get a chemical pleasure response when the nicotine receptors are activated in the brain. we evolved to survive in really one of 2 modes. feast or famine. the famine part is one of the main reasons, besides thermal regulation and organ protection, that we store those extra sugars as fat. the reason you lose fat when you eat more freuqently is that the body doesnt have a need to store anything because its never in a state where its fasting. granted if you eat often and eat the wrong food your still going to get fat, but im talking about eating like we have evolved to eat. a few plants and alot of meat just as you stated.

Why eating junk food, when its crap.

Your body doesnt want crap food.

I only eat Natural Bio Clean foods.

Vegetables,Lean meats, peanuts,almonds and drink water.

We werent made to Eat Mcdonalds, Chips and Drink Soda and crap, all it make it fucked up your body.

High Refined sugar, corn oil and all that crap is not good for you.

We were made to eat Natural foods.

Last edited:
took my wife out last week for our date night, I ate biggest Calzone I ever had... it was gone next morning.. figured I would be holding 5 pounds.. nothing, by body used it up completely

Our genome hasn't evolved to eating peanuts yet. That's why so many are allergic. They came along with agriculture. They actually are not botanically nuts.

Last edited:
my point was more on the physiological responce to high energy foods. fats and carbs, but when broken down into theyre basic sugars. i agree that its not something we "need" . look at the diets of cavemen, mostly game they killed. the most vauleable pieces of that game were also the tastiest, like the fatty loin, eyeballs are verry high in fat and protien. our brain likes to reward our choices when the body gets what it needs with a release of one of the pleasure hormones. we werent desigened ro run off of high quantities of simple sugars and high doses of carbohydrates but both of those things are an easier source of energy for our bodies to break down and use, its the high dose influx of an essential nutrient that our brain responds to. its along the same line as a drug, we dont need nicotine but people who use tobacco get a chemical pleasure response when the nicotine receptors are activated in the brain. we evolved to survive in really one of 2 modes. feast or famine. the famine part is one of the main reasons, besides thermal regulation and organ protection, that we store those extra sugars as fat. the reason you lose fat when you eat more freuqently is that the body doesnt have a need to store anything because its never in a state where its fasting. granted if you eat often and eat the wrong food your still going to get fat, but im talking about eating like we have evolved to eat. a few plants and alot of meat just as you stated.

Sounds good we're on the same page, good discussion.

I used to debate so much with some of the guys that help write the ACSM and determine RDA's about the macro nutrient break down the RDA recommends. The outrageous 65% carbs ... it is the link to the metabolic syndrome/syndrome X which link to T2DM, CVD, cancer, obesity, hypertension, dyslipidemia, etc.

Our genome hasn't evolved to eating peanuts yet. That's why so many are allergic. They came along with agriculture. They actually are not botanically nuts.

Damn didnt know about that. What about almonds?

So Wheat, Dairy and Peanuts and Soy Came with Agriculture right?

So that means that people can be allergic to them?

Anything else that is man made?

Damn didnt know about that. What about almonds?

So Wheat, Dairy and Peanuts and Soy Came with Agriculture right?

So that means that people can be allergic to them?

Anything else that is man made?

people evolved from herbivorous apes. those apes had relatively small brains because vegitation is generally nutritionally poor relative to the amount of energy it requires to extract the nutrients form that vegitation. therfore there werent enough calories being extracted to operate their digestive systems and support a large energy hungry brain. at some point those animals were introduced to eating incets like gorillas and orangatans do, those bugs were easier to digest and contained high amounts of fats and protiens. because of the lack of a cell wall that needed to be broken down during digestion the nutrients were easier for the stomach to extract from the food source. over time as these animals got more animal protien and became omnivirous there was no longer a need for a large gut, and as a result the gut grew smaller. well this freed up an abundance of food energy that could be used for other things and the brain started to grow to the size it is today. enter agriculture, because of the large brains we became able to manipulate our environment. when that happened we didnt have the knowledge abotu things we do today. we would plant and eat anything we could find that tasted good and didnt kill us. remember at this point in history one meal took several days work so nothing was ever wasted. ever notice that humans are the only animal on the planet to drink milk past infancy? there are only a few reasons to drink milk, it gives an infant an immune system, its loaded with fat and protien which are essential to growth, and infants have an immature digestive system that cant handle the solids even if the could chew it. it makes sence that once the body has what it need adding that back in later in life would have some type of side effect, think lactose intolerance. our bodies have become extremely efficient at extracting nutrients from food. this efficiency is one reason we can grow big muscles. but our body does have its flaws and introducing things it didnt evolve to eat can cause unwanted effects, which in the case of some food alergies can even be deadly.

people evolved from herbivorous apes. those apes had relatively small brains because vegitation is generally nutritionally poor relative to the amount of energy it requires to extract the nutrients form that vegitation. therfore there werent enough calories being extracted to operate their digestive systems and support a large energy hungry brain. at some point those animals were introduced to eating incets like gorillas and orangatans do, those bugs were easier to digest and contained high amounts of fats and protiens. because of the lack of a cell wall that needed to be broken down during digestion the nutrients were easier for the stomach to extract from the food source. over time as these animals got more animal protien and became omnivirous there was no longer a need for a large gut, and as a result the gut grew smaller. well this freed up an abundance of food energy that could be used for other things and the brain started to grow to the size it is today. enter agriculture, because of the large brains we became able to manipulate our environment. when that happened we didnt have the knowledge abotu things we do today. we would plant and eat anything we could find that tasted good and didnt kill us. remember at this point in history one meal took several days work so nothing was ever wasted. ever notice that humans are the only animal on the planet to drink milk past infancy? there are only a few reasons to drink milk, it gives an infant an immune system, its loaded with fat and protien which are essential to growth, and infants have an immature digestive system that cant handle the solids even if the could chew it. it makes sence that once the body has what it need adding that back in later in life would have some type of side effect, think lactose intolerance. our bodies have become extremely efficient at extracting nutrients from food. this efficiency is one reason we can grow big muscles. but our body does have its flaws and introducing things it didnt evolve to eat can cause unwanted effects, which in the case of some food alergies can even be deadly.
What about Whey Protein, Thats a form of Dairy right?

Why would they recommend to take whey protein to build muscle on a daily basis?

I mean i wonder if my protein powder Could give me some trouble, seem like sometime i get gas after drinking it.

Its isolate and it says it have very if not lactose trace in it.

What do you think?

I agree that we haven't evolved to drink milk. But the lactose issue is from pasteurization. Pasteurization denatures the enzyme lactase which we use to break down the lactose in the milk.

Yea whey is extracted from milk or cheese.

But even something like oatmeal won't digest with any problems. Mainly cause the gluten (you will get slight bloating). But does it still give us nutrients? sure! But there are 'better' choices.

"Why would they recommend to take whey protein to build muscle on a daily basis?"

I've never heard anyone recommend that TBH. I've always heard 'if you have to.' Because it's not superior to what we are genetically predisposed to metabolize.

it seems to me this is similar to a trend ive been noticing to get everything you need from whole foods instead of powders. and please realize im not saying milk or protien powders are bad for you persay just that when we evolved it wasnt taken into consideration. to be fair the human body is a pretty tough organism.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear