mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what is your estimated yearly income before taxes?

What is your Anual income before taxes?

• 0-$25K

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • 25-$50k

Votes: 68 17.2%
  • 50-$75k

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • 75-$100k

Votes: 77 19.5%
  • 100-$125k

Votes: 47 11.9%
  • more than $125k

Votes: 103 26.1%

• Total voters
my girlfriend is worth 40 million dollars so i quit my job and let her pay all the bills. she's actually only worth about 2 million now but gets the rest in a trust fund in 6 years so she's not that concerned that i dont work. she tells me "you seem so much happier just focusing on your bodybuilding"

Man you better keep her happy! Work on your bodybuilding and study finance and business. Also buy gold!

Lucky Bastard!

my girlfriend is worth 40 million dollars so i quit my job and let her pay all the bills. she's actually only worth about 2 million now but gets the rest in a trust fund in 6 years so she's not that concerned that i dont work. she tells me "you seem so much happier just focusing on your bodybuilding"

My girls got well over $200k in the bank and doesnt mind paying for dinner and such most of the time, but i dont really feel good about letting her, usually I offer to pay and sometimes she lets me but she usually insists on paying so its kinda nice, I would rather make my own money but without much education other than High School its not easy to do... but damn if I wouldnt mind having a beautiful west coast rich bitch to pay for everything so I could just eat sleep and train :D

Yup. Any decent sales job (at least in tech) will offer a base that is livable in the area for a single person. That means 50k-100k in Silicon Valley. After moving to another state with lower cost of living, I've noticed the advertised bases are accordingly smaller.

And ditto on the deductive reasoning. Most sales guys (and employers) will annualize their best month or several month period and claim 200k because they made a $20k bonus that month...even when they came home empty handed the next 11 months ;)

My current boss has all kinds of guys and girls come to interviews telling him how much they made on their w2s, yet they have every excuse under the sun why they can't provide them.

I graduated in May with my science degree (environmental.) I still can't find shit. I got offered 9 dollars an hour in my field but significantly more for bouncing. So your size can work for you!

Wow the range of income on PM is very big...from under $25K to above $125k.

I am still in college, graduating in 8 days, so I am making barely enough to pay all my bills.

I'm 42 and work in a refinery in the south. Most of my co-workers make more than I do annually. (I make 110k annually and with my wife's salary it's about 160k and have documentation to prove it). I used to work as a correctional officer but got tired of the bs from the people in charge, (I was making 28k annually back then) so I went back to school and got an associates degree in process technology. My last semester I got hired right out of school. We're expecting a huge hiring boom because of expansion of current refineries and the creation of new Liquid Natural Gas facilities in our Parish. Just something to share with my brothers if you want to try your hand in the oil and gas industry.

thanks for the replies.
nice to talk about something other than tren and gh lol:)

I think a thread like this is as inspiring as any other thread if not more inspiring.

and so far most people are making above $125!!!????!!! didn't see that coming.
-JS

JS...Good luck with your new business venture. I have been self employed most of my working life and have made as much as 600k one year to losing 400k one year...these days im content with what I have in the bank and only need to make around 150k a year to support my lifestyle. As far how to set up that new business of yours-a sole proprietorship is always cheapest but usually not the best in terms of protection and tax liabilities...it is the cheapest to insure wrt liability or workers comp but your pants are around your ankles when it comes to personal exposure from lawsuits etc. I have had sub s corps-which allow you to pay most of your taxes through a lower corporate rate and then funnel profits to yourself at a lower rate as well. The downside I have found is that you may be required to carry workers comp on yourself as you are employee of your own corp. I am currently using the LLC setup and enjoy a lot of the same benefits of a sub s corp but without some of the required insurances. I would consult with your local insurance agent about what would be required insurance wise and with your accountant and attorney to see whats the best arrangement for your new business...they will know best locally, state and federally how you should proceed. Also be careful of paying all employees 1099's..in my state if you cant prove that the 1099 subcontractor actually works elsewhere you may wind up getting stuck with a huge payroll tax liability as well as a nice workers comp bill! Again best wishes to you and your new venture!!!

JS...Good luck with your new business venture. I have been self employed most of my working life and have made as much as 600k one year to losing 400k one year...these days im content with what I have in the bank and only need to make around 150k a year to support my lifestyle. As far how to set up that new business of yours-a sole proprietorship is always cheapest but usually not the best in terms of protection and tax liabilities...it is the cheapest to insure wrt liability or workers comp but your pants are around your ankles when it comes to personal exposure from lawsuits etc. I have had sub s corps-which allow you to pay most of your taxes through a lower corporate rate and then funnel profits to yourself at a lower rate as well. The downside I have found is that you may be required to carry workers comp on yourself as you are employee of your own corp. I am currently using the LLC setup and enjoy a lot of the same benefits of a sub s corp but without some of the required insurances. I would consult with your local insurance agent about what would be required insurance wise and with your accountant and attorney to see whats the best arrangement for your new business...they will know best locally, state and federally how you should proceed. Also be careful of paying all employees 1099's..in my state if you cant prove that the 1099 subcontractor actually works elsewhere you may wind up getting stuck with a huge payroll tax liability as well as a nice workers comp bill! Again best wishes to you and your new venture!!!

This I agree on. The way to make sure it is legit is whoever you pay out to, make sure they have a legit business. Have them get a business name, business license, and open a business banking account. Then pay out to the business name. That way you don't have to worry about the taxes or worker's comp.

Also have them fill out an W-9 form. Get a copy of their ID and SS card. If they do not have insurance, make sure your liability insurance covers them. That is where a Corp can help you a lot in case of law suits.

If they are unwilling to do this, simply get someone that will. I pay my guy under his business name and 1099 him. My Liability has him on as a rider.

Savings is huge and putting 20% away monthly to save for a rainy day definitely has its perks and allows for a more stress-free life, props to you! I will say owning your own business is one of the most freeing experiences, however the amount of stress significantly outweighs a secured career. Back to the LLC, I feel each state has its perks over an S-corp. At least out here on the west coast an LLC is better but our annual dues are outrageous at $800 per year, which is why most companies look to Nevada or Delaware as "home-base" where they have better incentives for business start ups. A good rule of thumb is to have enough capital/investment to keep your company afloat for at least the first 3 years if needed. Most companies which succeed claim the first 5 years are the toughest in terms of getting it launched and off the ground. Just my 2 cents

No doubt. Money in the bank puts my mind at ease for unforeseeable circumstances. However, I do agree - owning a business is a great experience, but what a LEARNING experience daily. And, the stress. They say stress takes years off your life. I'm 26, but I feel 36..no joke. And to make it even more "interesting", my dad is my business partner. He retired from 25+ years as a Regional Sales Manager, so he's set. Just comes here to work, without pay, to spend time with me - and also my sister works here, and her husband (they are both in school pursing degrees). And then during busy season, we have 2 or 3 part timers. So, a lot of eggs in one basket. Lots on my shoulders, so the stress gets to me sometimes. But I learned to take a step back about 2 years ago, while maintaining focus but not letting the stress eat at me so much. Much happier since then, but still a constant struggle.

I graduated in May with my science degree (environmental.) I still can't find shit. I got offered 9 dollars an hour in my field but significantly more for bouncing. So your size can work for you!

That's what they pay for financial advisors...$9/hour but then you make commission. I really don't want to do that or sell insurance.

I have couple of years in chemistry, biology, and physics with a good amount of hours in business...but they are all basically useless. I was pre-med but hated the students I was around and want to go for banking now.

Kind of freaking out about finding a job and all that.

I got so much debt and a worthless degree accompanied with useless experience that isn't doing squat for me. Forget the walking dead. I'm on my way to being being the working dead.

I have never understood this mentality. Frankly it does NOT matter what your degree is in. A bachelor's degree these days is standard. For god sakes my assistant has a degree in Archaeology. Will I ever need her to go on a dig for me? Hell no.

A degree merely shows me one thing, that you could finish something you started and your methodology of thinking has matured. That is all.

I have never understood this mentality. Frankly it does NOT matter what your degree is in. A bachelor's degree these days is standard. For god sakes my assistant has a degree in Archaeology. Will I ever need her to go on a dig for me? Hell no.

A degree merely shows me one thing, that you could finish something you started and your methodology of thinking has matured. That is all.

The only thing that could make me mad about degrees is when people are applying to job and for getting an interview someone that went to a way easier university gets compared to me. I don't compare myself to Harvard guys and if there is a guy from Harvard with a 3.0 or even a 2.5 I would still give them the upper hand because they went to a much harder university than them. It might not make sense because they might have gotten the "easy" teachers but still.

Another thing is when someone with international business that has a 3.5 gets compared to a math major or an engineering with a 3.0...like come on. That is not a fair comparison because the math guys and engineering guys at my university had to study 10X harder than the business kids even though our business school is ranked high (but so does our engineering and math).

between the wife and I its 120ish a year... Should be more she gets ripped off if you ask me. She is an Athletic Trainer with her Masters and every Certification (ATC) you can think of. Her damn name plate on her desk has like 20 acronyms on it and she barely makes 40k. She does EVERY thing an Physical Therapist does but with athletes and travels with them. CA has fucked up laws for trainers where in Texas they make 60k with a BS and 80-90 with a masters.

My work has been bugging her to become a PA and pay her 15k a month (means gym all day for me) but she doesnt want to go to school any more right now and LOVES working with athletes over people crying in an exam room.

My self I am a Network Administrator for just about the biggest orthopaedic centers in the nation. Its pretty crazy I will be going to work on a machine and see Cain Valasquez walking by, or darren mcfadden.

The only thing that could make me mad about degrees is when people are applying to job and for getting an interview someone that went to a way easier university gets compared to me. I don't compare myself to Harvard guys and if there is a guy from Harvard with a 3.0 or even a 2.5 I would still give them the upper hand because they went to a much harder university than them. It might not make sense because they might have gotten the "easy" teachers but still.

Another thing is when someone with international business that has a 3.5 gets compared to a math major or an engineering with a 3.0...like come on. That is not a fair comparison because the math guys and engineering guys at my university had to study 10X harder than the business kids even though our business school is ranked high (but so does our engineering and math).

Welcome to the real world. Life isn't fair. The simple truth is unless you are at a top tier school they are all viewed the same for undergraduate school.

I went to several shitty school for undergrad but an awesome one for my masters. Undergraduate is not specialized for the most part, and it will not be viewed so unless you are attending schools like MIT, Stanford, Princeton, etc...

As far as GPAs go, those really do not matter in the slightest after your first entry level position. The only time they really matter is say you graduate top of your class for your masters program. If I was interested in a candidate with just an undergraduate degree and they made a point to tell me about their GPA I most likely would be extremely turned off by it.

I started off my career in the oil patch as a young man making some fat cash but working all the time. Went to school for chemistry for a really really long time and managed to get a job as an oil/gas chemist making fat cash. Then I ended up with cancer, likely playing around with too many chemicals, so I quit and now I'm a broke Cisco guy for a community college but its cool I have a ton of off time. Salary 60K usually OT comes in like 20 hour intervals few times a year when we do upgrades which pays for xmas and shit. Not complaining but I do wish I was still a chemist. I made a ton of cash working for Halliburton back when I was developing cement and frac blends for the company.

Last edited:

Yeah though there are a few differences though Ivy league schools get head hunted big time, if your law degree is from harvard then law firms will be all over you. Just like a medical degree from Dartmouth will land you a superior job..

As for comparing engineers to business thats oranges and apples. They may get higher recognition from the university, but my brother in laws aerospace program at cal poly started with 120 students and 12 made it. If they are graduating 12 a year or so there is a great chance of getting employment.

An engineer can make 100k with a BA where a Business Degree will maybe land you 40k. So they can get all the honors they want its the pay check that matters. As for GPA it does matter in a sense. Because most technical jobs that I went to actually put a networking test on the table and said if you pass it we will accept your resume. So if you slacked off in college and can not be competitive then its going to be hard to get a job, or you wont last long.

My girls got well over $200k in the bank and doesnt mind paying for dinner and such most of the time, but i dont really feel good about letting her, usually I offer to pay and sometimes she lets me but she usually insists on paying so its kinda nice, I would rather make my own money but without much education other than High School its not easy to do... but damn if I wouldnt mind having a beautiful west coast rich bitch to pay for everything so I could just eat sleep and train :D

if we count worth now, my wife is a gold mine 40 million easy. Her name is on 25% of about 400 acres of almonds. We dont see any of the money, but once it sales when my father in law retires we will get 25%.

We all most got lucky and made 12 million, so we would have got 3 million. The built a super wallmart in the country town and it came down to our lots and another famers lot. The other farmer sold his for 6 million. We couldnt justify going that low.

She also owns 100 of acres given to her by her grand father that is lake side. We wanted to build a home there, but the cost to put in a road, power and ect would be to much and I also need extremely stable internet for my job as a networker for remote access, so we couldnt :( rumor has it though that a retired baseball player is buying the lot between us so we hope he builds all of that and then pays for a contract to get comcast to push a line out there. Then we can just piggy back off of his because we have an easement on the road going through his property.

I'm taxed on approximately $125,000 quarterly.

I was significantly (SIGNIFICANTLY) happier working a mediocre 9-5 in my early twenties.

The stress and responsibility of having to maintain my standard of living in tandem with maintaining the livelihood of others is a bit much for me to deal with a times.

I grew up deplorably poor so, at one point in my life, money meant everything.

Chase YOUR dreams not THE dream.

75-80k yearly, with good insurance and a pension so its ok for single guy with no other obligations.

I'm not sure how people live of a medium national household income of 51k. I would think a family of 3-4 would need at least 100k.

I'm a firefighter/emt. I make a little less than 40k a year there. I also work part time on an ambulance on my off days so I'm roughly 50k a year. I'm not rich nor will I ever be doing this profession. I do consider myself rich in the fact that I absolutely love what I do and enjoy going to work. also making a difference in others lives is very rewarding. I guess at the end of the day I could go get a job where I make more and hate what I do, but that will never happen.

This is success in my book!
Loving and living what you do!
I have great respect for you deerslayer41!
Thank you for making this post.

Science degrees while not being truly specialized at the Bachelors level, are still needed to i.e. work in just about any lab. If you work for target and it's time for promotions, they'll give it to the person with a degree in basket weaving because it separates them from the competition.

Between 6 years in the intelligence community and a Science degree, My work ethic and education are up to snuff. The problem is the Economy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ThirdLegery Gregory
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131