advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What supplements do you make sure to take on an empty stomach?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Just thought I'd make this thread since people mistakenly take things at the wrong time or with the wrong things, while some others cite research - whether published or anecdotal when taking their supplements. I also had forgotten until recently that zinc shouldn't be taken with a meal...which at one point I knew but completely stopped doing for some reason. Here goes..

Citrus Bergamot
Zinc
IP6
Super Bio Curcumin (sometimes) since I think I remember certain positive studies were reflective of it being taken on an empty stomach.

Looking through my supplements, the only ones that don't say take with food while also not saying take on an empty stomach are...
So I guess it doesn't matter?

PQQ
Pterostilbene
Milk Thistle
NAC
Saw Palmetto(PalmettoGuard by Life Extension)

Broccomax actually specifically says 30min before or after a meal.
Vitamin C(jarrow) specifically says preferably take without food.
NAC time released says take with a meal but my other NAC products do not specify.
Oddly enough my NOW Zinc picolinate says with food...while my other zinc supps do not. Odd because I thought zinc should be on an empty stomach always.

I guess I'll add vitamin C, and NAC sustain to my empty stomach regimen...joining Citrus Bergamot, and Zinc Balance.
I currently don't take IP6..and while Super Bio Curcumin says take with meal...I could swear studies with the best results were on an empty stomach.

Sorry guys I'm bored...this is slightly interesting and a bit confusing.

I can't take zinc on an empty stomach without getting terrible nausea. Herbals, fish oils, food based are all GTG on an empty stomach.

I can't take zinc on an empty stomach without getting terrible nausea. Herbals, fish oils, food based are all GTG on an empty stomach.
Funny, that happened to me last night. I got a nauseous feeling..practically like I was going hypo. I did take it with some Vitamin C and 1000mg Citrus Bergamot. Withiin 15-20 minutes, I had to grab some granola bars and wash them down with water and felt better a short time later.

Probiotics the only one I consciously try to take empty I believe....

Zinc, l-glutamine, magnesium, NAC....vitamin c, probiotic, and might be more but that’s top of mind at the moment.

OK guys...what is making me so damn nauseous after I take my daily AM vitamins on an empty stomach? Anyone have any idea the specific culprit and why? I figured it would eventually subside but its every damn day.

2x500mg Jarrow Citrus Bergamot
3x15mg Jarrow Zinc Balance
1x500mg Doctor's Best Vitamin C
1x600mg Jarrow NAC Sustain

About 20 minutes post ingestion, I always get really grossly nauseous and have to eat something substantial to remedy it. This is especially going to be an issue when I want to do fasted cardio in the future.

OK guys...what is making me so damn nauseous after I take my daily AM vitamins on an empty stomach? Anyone have any idea the specific culprit and why? I figured it would eventually subside but its every damn day.

About 20 minutes post ingestion, I always get really grossly nauseous and have to eat something substantial to remedy it. This is especially going to be an issue when I want to do fasted cardio in the future.

Well nausea is a fairly common side effect of everything you are taking. It could be 1 thing or perhaps a combination of everything especially NAC and Zinc. It's impossible to state without experimenting. Looking at the doses I think it could be the zinc. Tomorrow I would try the combo without the zinc and see how you get on. If it's not that try all of them without the NAC and see how that goes. Although I see you use 1000mg CB which is quite high so I would put that in 3rd then vitamin c 4th. Sorry I can't be more clear but it's impossible to know so just find out from eliminating each one on certain days.

I can take all those things except zinc on an empty stomach, zinc always give me pretty bad nausea. Can try taking zinc picolianate instead, seems to be far better when it comes to nausea (and absorbs fairly well)

Zinc on an empty stomach also makes me violently nauseous, that would be my bet.

Interesting. I just started taking Zinc on an empty stomach about a month or so ago due to finding out it was optimal that way apparently.

Take them all out then introduce one at a time over the next few days in the morning and you'll find out. The rest is speculation.

Interesting. I just started taking Zinc on an empty stomach about a month or so ago due to finding out it was optimal that way apparently.

As others have stated it's more than likely the Zn. Per our discussion awhile back on taking Zn on an empty stomach for better absorption rate and/or interference with phytic acid enriched foods. If it's causing discomfort on an empty stomach, take it with your meal that's not incorporating phytic acid enriched foods. You'll still absorb Zn.

I'd suspect your primary interests are the lipid modulating effects of Citrus Bergamot? If so, I believe we scratched the surface on talking about taking your Citrus Bergamot prior to bedtime being that Citrus Bergamot facilitates very similar to that of a Statin by-way of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitory actions. The circadian cycle of HMG-CoA reductase expression is higher during sleeping hours. So, if your primary interests are of CB to help modulate your lipids, I'd take it prior to bed to get the most bang for the buck. I believe you stated you eat shortly before bedtime? If so, take the CB an hour or so on an empty stomach prior to your last meal of the night.

Either way AM or PM is in preference by the individual, which is fine. Given the literature on the circadian cycle of HMG-CoA reductase expression, I personally would take it in the evening hours if my primary concerns are lipids.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws