over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats drives you crazy in the gym?

JCLadson

Banned
This is what really ignites the flames for me!

I was doing some assistance work after my squats and deadlifts today while listening to my IPOD. I was between sets and getting in position to hit another one. About that time I was tapped on my shoulder by a man I see EVERY day and talk to everday. I stopped and asked him if I could help him. He replied, I just wanted to see how your workout was going.

Sure, it is nice for the guy to ask a question that I would love to answer but not now.

We have a stereo on the gym but I wear my IPOD for a reason. Reason being, I do not want to be disturbed during my workout.

I will be more than happy to socialized before OR after my workout session is completed, not during.

I take my training VERY seriously and I do not enjoy having my concentration disturbed.

Thats just me.

did you tell him this??????

I think he got the picture when I responded that I would get back to him after the workout.

I just know some guys hhave somethings tha bother them in the gym. So just curious to see what all comes up.

What drives me nuts in my gym is the douche bag manager who picks on me for something I didn't even do because I'm the one of the biggest dudes in my gym and he's just a jealous little bitch.

When overweight lazy bitches are sitting on the leg curl machine talking to their girlfriend when you politely ask to work in and they give you this look like you just asked for a blow job.

I normally try not to pay attention to anything else but my workout when in the gym. I consider it to be my time and no one is going to mess that up since the rest of the day is all work and stress it seems. HOWEVER...there are a few things that do nag at me:

1) guys acting huge and wanting attention by clanking the dumbells together....

2) guys acting huge and putting a shit ton of weight on whatever machine/bar/etc and then not unracking them (i don't care so much when i have to unrack them but when the staff which is mostly ladies at my gym begin unracking them...i normally hunt down the offendor and tell him to take the weight off so they don't have to)

When people take up an entire power rack to do curls. Ugh. There are only three power racks in my gym...plenty of other bars and space for your curls!

I normally try not to pay attention to anything else but my workout when in the gym. I consider it to be my time and no one is going to mess that up since the rest of the day is all work and stress it seems. HOWEVER...there are a few things that do nag at me:

1) guys acting huge and wanting attention by clanking the dumbells together....

2) guys acting huge and putting a shit ton of weight on whatever machine/bar/etc and then not unracking them (i don't care so much when i have to unrack them but when the staff which is mostly ladies at my gym begin unracking them...i normally hunt down the offendor and tell him to take the weight off so they don't have to)

lol how about just guys acting huge... douches who walk around like they're the biggest guy on the planet, when theyre really a buck eighty five, get over yourself and put your arms down at your sides, no one is trying to look at your invisible lat spread! also please stop flexing in the mirror unless you are actually working on posing..

lol how about just guys acting huge... douches who walk around like they're the biggest guy on the planet, when theyre really a buck eighty five, get over yourself and put your arms down at your sides, no one is trying to look at your invisible lat spread! also please stop flexing in the mirror unless you are actually working on posing..

Could not agree more myself. Today a guy walked by all puffed up with his arms out looking as if he was going to try and fly somewhere and then walks by stops beside me and my training partner lifts his shirt up and trys to flex his abs, and walks off.

Add this to the list, what are you drinking in that bottle? (asked as if it has some nuclear contaminents in it)

The clowns sitting on a bench/machine picking zits or their noses and then grabbing the bar, it happens so often I almost want to open my own private gym. I wipe every bar/dumbell before and after I use it.
Every once in a while some assclown takes his shorts off in the hot tub, hello yer nekkid n public! The last time the police came to claim a naked gay guy who kept getting up in the hot tub and moving to a different seat and showing his junk. Club management said he needed to put something on and he said nobody would complain if he was a nekkid hot blond. He went to jail.
My biggest peev in the gym are the fat advise givers. I see these fat clowns walking around fluffed(arms raised way out wide) . God nothing pisses me off worse than these clowns walking around explaining how whoever should do this or that like this was or that. :s:ar-wars

-Leaving weights on the floor
-leaving towels on the weight racks/smith/benches/cages like there some
sort of towel rack
-people sitting on benches/machines to talk on there
cell phones
-talking on your cell phone in general in the gym
-social butterflies taking up large areas to chit chat
-people curling at the squat rack/cage
- the one guy that literally follows me around everywhere staring at me
in some homo sexual fashion

-Leaving weights on the floor
-leaving towels on the weight racks/smith/benches/cages like there some
sort of towel rack
-people sitting on benches/machines to talk on there
cell phones
-talking on your cell phone in general in the gym
-social butterflies taking up large areas to chit chat
-people curling at the squat rack/cage
- the one guy that literally follows me around everywhere staring at me
in some homo sexual fashion

and he really thinks he is being sneaky about it and think that you have no clue that he is staring...lol

1. Old dudes giving off attitude to everybody like they own the place.
2. Young dudes giving off attitude like they own the place.
3. People who stare
4. People who wear so much cologne they choke you out with their stink.
5. Playing music so loud I can still hear it over my iPod
6. People who don't say "excuse me", "please", "thank you" because they're too cool/jacked/important to be polite.
7. People who spend 40 minutes on a machine/bench when they know you're waiting and never offer to let you work-in or even acknowledge you.

I could go on and on....but basically there's this old dude at my gym who's been giving me weird looks. I can tell from his expression that he doesn't like me. I've never even had anything to do with him; he's just always giving me these glares like I scratched his car and didn't leave a note. I'd like to meet him in a dark alley and beat his foreign ass in with a baseball bat....but I digress.

ppl dropping weights

ILS (invisible lat syndrome)

curls in the squat rack

ppl doing stupid shit and doing it incorrectly

what pisses me off is when i leave the machine im on for like two seconds to get a quick sip of water from the fountain and someone just takes over..wow..
also i hate it when people are using something that i want to use and have their stuff set up but just sit there or stand and talk and talk.

the guy on the phone

the guy talking as loud as he can on the phone walking around getting in other peoples way.

lol

i've been training in gyms for more years than i care to admit. none of this will ever change. try to not let it get to you. it just ruins your workout and pisses you off for the rest of the day.

1. the guy who loads up on weight and proceeds to do a one inch rep thinking hes billy bad ass.
2. guys who dont put weight back.
3. the guy who goes around barking, trying to motivate everyone, and who walks up to everyone trying to give them advice on what they are doing wrong or should do when u didnt ask for it.
4. the guy who thinks they are larger than life, cant put their arms down when they are 140lbs
5. people who dress like they are going to the club. i have a guy who works out in slacks, a club shirt, shades and a yankees cap.

i've been training in gyms for more years than i care to admit. none of this will ever change. try to not let it get to you. it just ruins your workout and pisses you off for the rest of the day.

I agree on this 100%. After awhile I became imune to all of it, interruption etc. I could train through it all and be into it 100% if I wanted to.
Now I enjoy just doing everything at home in the basement.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear