over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the best way for preparing rice?

80g of rice. Is that about 2 spoon fulls?
That's right, just a very small amount when dieting a around 300g normal portion size. It's just feels like any other carb would have a better effect on my body.

Tip: if you need to gobble down a ton of food in a gaining phase, opt for Glutinous Rice.
It's distinguished from other types of rice by having no amylose and high amounts of amylopectin (the two components of starch). This makes it much faster and easier to digest allowing you to eat larger servings with a far lesser satiating effect.

I just do the Minute brand white rice then add extra curry powder, pepper, and salt and it is tolerable!

Throw some Lipton Onion soup mix in the rice cooker with the rice and you'll love it. BTW, I eat only Parboiled rice. It doesn't stick together.
I been alternating beef and chicken bullion. So easy and so good. Gonna try the soup mix as soon as I get my next grocery order. That sounds darn good!

If it wasn’t already said, insta pot for 12 min, when finished let it sit under pressure for 10 min. Perfect every time.

There are a lot of pros and cons over rice, and the effect of plain rice on me is swelling, feeling sluggish and it makes me put on weight.
I heard good things about switching to brown basmati, and 'washing' the rice in water a few times (at least 2) to remove all starches.
When I eat rice my portions are about 80 grams.
Does anyone feel the same about rice and know of a better way for preparing it?
Throw it out and eat something that digest well for you , I'm betting fruit , sweet potatoes and even white potatoes will digest better and they offer some nutrition

I know there's an "ick factor" in the US and Europe regarding the eating of insects but people eat bugs, grubs, larvae, and arachnids all over the world today, and have been for thousands of years. Some are actually pretty good. The big Thai water bugs (maeng da) taste something like black licorice. Cricket protein powder has a better amino acid profile than whey.

View attachment 176701
don't bugs also contain high levels of chitins? I've heard this is not good for the human body as we are not able to easily digest chitin.

don't bugs also contain high levels of chitins? I've heard this is not good for the human body as we are not able to easily digest chitin.
LOL I'm not claiming to be an expert on bug eating, dude. With maeng do, you don't eat the shells so don't know anything other than it's a complete protein and perfectly viable for consumption. Here, let me do quick Google search just for you. I don't know what a lot of this means but it sounds pretty good. Not only proteins and fatty acids but vitamins as well and even probiotic in nature.

"Cricket consumption during the study period did not dramatically disrupt the healthy adult microbiota. However, cricket intake was associated with an increase in abundance of five bacterial taxa, one of which most closely aligned to sequences of Bifidobacterium animalis. B. animalis is a Gram-positive, non-spore forming, lactic acid producing bacteria. It is one of the best studied probiotics, and a commercial strain, B. animalis subsp. lactis BB-12® has been shown in clinical studies to improve gastrointestinal function, protect against diarrhea, reduce side effects of antibiotic treatment, and increase resistance to common respiratory infections61. Chitooligosaccharides, similar to those found in cricket, are reported to be bifidogenic at between 0.1–0.5% in vitro62. In culture, B. adolescentis can utilize N-acetylchitooligosaccharide as a carbon source63. To our knowledge, this is the first time a whole food containing chitin has demonstrated bifidogenic potential in healthy humans."

Full Read:

Mix 2 pkgs of the lipton onion soup mix per 3 cups of rice.
That should work fine. I do 1.25 cups uncooked rice, 1.75 cups water yields ~4 cups cooked rice. With the soup mix should be a nice change. Nice rice hack!

LOL I'm not claiming to be an expert on bug eating, dude. With maeng do, you don't eat the shells so don't know anything other than it's a complete protein and perfectly viable for consumption. Here, let me do quick Google search just for you. I don't know what a lot of this means but it sounds pretty good. Not only proteins and fatty acids but vitamins as well and even probiotic in nature.

"Cricket consumption during the study period did not dramatically disrupt the healthy adult microbiota. However, cricket intake was associated with an increase in abundance of five bacterial taxa, one of which most closely aligned to sequences of Bifidobacterium animalis. B. animalis is a Gram-positive, non-spore forming, lactic acid producing bacteria. It is one of the best studied probiotics, and a commercial strain, B. animalis subsp. lactis BB-12® has been shown in clinical studies to improve gastrointestinal function, protect against diarrhea, reduce side effects of antibiotic treatment, and increase resistance to common respiratory infections61. Chitooligosaccharides, similar to those found in cricket, are reported to be bifidogenic at between 0.1–0.5% in vitro62. In culture, B. adolescentis can utilize N-acetylchitooligosaccharide as a carbon source63. To our knowledge, this is the first time a whole food containing chitin has demonstrated bifidogenic potential in healthy humans."

Full Read:

Yeah, well...only in my Mezcal thanks 😂

Not all rice requires rinsing. Jasmine rice for example doesn't, but I still do. Your standard white rice should always be rinsed prior to cooking. My wife's asian so I learned this skill many years ago. You wash the rice 3-4 times, draining off the starch each time. With each wash the rinse water will get clearer. When it's mostly clear (you can see the rice at the bottom of the pot), you fill the pot with clean water to the first knuckle on your index finger above the rinsed rice. If you spend a little money on a good rice cooker such as Tiger or Zojirushi it will come out perfect. The bonus of a good rice cooker is it will keep the rice you haven't eaten warm all day. In Hawaii we make a half/half mix of white to brown rice "Hapa rice" and it honestly tastes pretty good. You can cook the rinsed rice in beef or chicken bone broth and that will give it a nice flavor as well.

Not all rice requires rinsing. Jasmine rice for example doesn't, but I still do. Your standard white rice should always be rinsed prior to cooking. My wife's asian so I learned this skill many years ago. You wash the rice 3-4 times, draining off the starch each time. With each wash the rinse water will get clearer. When it's mostly clear (you can see the rice at the bottom of the pot), you fill the pot with clean water to the first knuckle on your index finger above the rinsed rice. If you spend a little money on a good rice cooker such as Tiger or Zojirushi it will come out perfect. The bonus of a good rice cooker is it will keep the rice you haven't eaten warm all day. In Hawaii we make a half/half mix of white to brown rice "Hapa rice" and it honestly tastes pretty good. You can cook the rinsed rice in beef or chicken bone broth and that will give it a nice flavor as well.
First knuckle trick lmao

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner