over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats the best way to cook tilapia?

cedar plank method

coat a cedar plank with EVOO. place a bed of thinly sliced shallots
on the plank. lay the tilapia skin side down on the shallots. place thin sliced lemons down the length of the fish. salt and pepper the top. cook in an oven at 250 for 30 minutes.
remove and let cool for 10 minutes. gently slide the fish off the plank into a waste can and eat the plank. its often times a lot better than the fish.

coat a cedar plank with EVOO. place a bed of thinly sliced shallots
on the plank. lay the tilapia skin side down on the shallots. place thin sliced lemons down the length of the fish. salt and pepper the top. cook in an oven at 250 for 30 minutes.
remove and let cool for 10 minutes. gently slide the fish off the plank into a waste can and eat the plank. its often times a lot better than the fish.

I feel that way about tilapia, but trout, salmon, tuna, flouder, grouper, sea bass... all some pretty good fish.

funny, I had to leave Florida to begin to appreciate the seafood available to me down there.

used to eat a shit ton of it! Then looked on the back of the package and its said "product of china".

Im not eating anything from china after seeing the workers at the tilapia farms wearing hazmat suits.

no one steams their fish anymore?

Load a sheet pan up with about 8 filets, spray the fish with olive oil spray. Take 2 lemons and squeeze them on top of the talapia. Zest the lemons a little over the top as well for some extra taste.

Pour some water in the bottom of the pan then spice the fish with Mrs. Dash lemon pepper add a little sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes at 325F and there you go best way I've ever had talapia.

I do it pretty close to this. Season with Mrs. Dash, lemon juice and oven bake in a glass dish at 325.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left Fla as a surfer in 1979

I feel that way about tilapia, but trout, salmon, tuna, flouder, grouper, sea bass... all some pretty good fish.

funny, I had to leave Florida to begin to appreciate the seafood available to me down there.

and realized all the good fishing sports I missed........

used to eat a shit ton of it! Then looked on the back of the package and its said "product of china".

Im not eating anything from china after seeing the workers at the tilapia farms wearing hazmat suits.

NOT a good sign at all :lightbulb:

The only way I can eat tilapia and enjoy it is this southwestern recipe I found

mix all this together:
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

Drizzle tilapia with extra virgin Olive oil and lime sprinkle the mixed ingredients on both sides and bake it. I actually enjoy eating it

make a packet out of aluminum foil and put in 5 or 6 fillets. Drizzle with olive oil (I prefer the regular olive oil and not the extra virgin olive oil) some lemon juice, grass fed butter and your choice of herbs. Seal the packet up at the top and throw on a hot bbq grill for about 30-40 minutes or in the oven for about the same amount of time. Open up the packet and enjoy.

You'll laugh but the best Tilapia I ever made had a Cool Ranch Doritos Crust. Season fish with salt and pepper, flour it, put it in an egg wash then pat ground up Doritos on its pan fry lightly.

Chef

You'll laugh but the best Tilapia I ever made had a Cool Ranch Doritos Crust. Season fish with salt and pepper, flour it, put it in an egg wash then pat ground up Doritos on its pan fry lightly.

Chef

That actually sounds good.. Too bad I can't eat it right now or I'd be in there right now frying that shit haha

no one steams their fish anymore?

I have a stove top veggie steamer that I use. I put foil in, fish of choice, seasoning, lemon juice. Put an inch of water in the pan, set on high, close the lid and in ten to fifteen minutes, I have moist delicious steamed fish.
That's for when I am cutting.. normally I like to pan fry mine skin side down.

Not a huge fan of tilapia. Honestly, cod is something not a lot talk about. A quality cod filet is a big, meaty, mild piece of white fish that is great. Not fishy at all. I buy the filets, season and bake with a tiny bit parmesan cheese and bread crumbs sprinkled on top. It's like a parmesan encrusted cod fillet. I'd take this over tilapia or salmon any day.

I hate salmon.

Chef

I ate so much salmon one summer, about 8 years ago. Made myself sick of salmon. I can eat it once in a while now days, but only so much.

Not a huge fan of tilapia. Honestly, cod is something not a lot talk about. A quality cod filet is a big, meaty, mild piece of white fish that is great. Not fishy at all. I buy the filets, season and bake with a tiny bit parmesan cheese and bread crumbs sprinkled on top. It's like a parmesan encrusted cod fillet. I'd take this over tilapia or salmon any day.

Sounds damn good and easy to prepare. My type of dish.

I ate so much salmon one summer, about 8 years ago. Made myself sick of salmon. I can eat it once in a while now days, but only so much.

I love salmon so much, I think I could eat it every day. The stuffed salmon from Costco is to die for:)

i make it dipped in egg, tossed in Italian bread crumbs and pan fried...add a lil lemon juice when im done... i luv me sum fried fish

Ceviche.

4lbs filet chopped in 1/4" cubes
4 tomatoes same chop size.
2 onions same chop.
12 serranos fine chop.
4 jalapenos in vinegar and 1/8 cup of juice
large bunch of fresh chopped cilantro
1 lb shrimp or seafood mix
15 squeezed limes
salt
crackers or tortilla chips
Chop fish and shrimp and wash well. Add onions, chilis and limes.
Let lime cook the fish. 45 minutes
Add salt to taste tomato and cilantro

Eat on crackers or chips. Baked scoops are my fave. Add some valentina salsa or Evoo or chopped avacodo to bowl you eat from not the large bowl.

DO NOT COOK FISH. The lime will finish that for you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity