YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats your daily blood pressure (if you know)

34. I will def look into it. never heard if it. How does it differ from a regular CT scan, which Ive had years ago. This helps bc my father died of an aortic embolism last year

It will tell you how much calcium is in your arteries and how narrowed they may be. It's usually not done on men under 40 but with this lifestyle it's better to be proactive. Doing one annually seems like a reasonable cost for a bodybuilder using AAS.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/heart-scan/about/pac-20384686

I just took it 125/79. I am 60. It is rarely I take BP meds anymore. It used to be 165/95 when I was running 2 businesses without BP meds. Now that I retired, it went back to basically normal. Stress is the worse. Now I am living a peaceful life in Romania with my beautiful wife and all my bills paid including house and living stress free.

Amazing how that works! What huge difference. I'm glad the hard work has paid off and you're enjoying the fruits of your labor!! Enjoy!

Beefcake how old are you? I would get a calcium CT done. They're not that expensive out of pocket if insurance won't cover it. That will tell you what your artery health is.

Best thing I did was get the calcium score scan. Father died at 47 from heart disease/diabetes. Out of 12 kids, he and 9 siblings died before age 50. Two made it to 70's.
So bad health on that side is rampant. (Ma's sode has great genes/longevity). Ive been on statins since age 40 (14 years) because of my familial problem. (LDL and Trig's off the charts high). Been training since 1978, and only jumped on TRT when I turned 50 back in 2016. (38 years of natty training). I scored a pretty high 500 on that calcium test which "could" mean severe atherosclerosis. When I went in for much more testing (nuclear stress test, etc) they found I am fine, and its just the plaque that calcified, and didn't rupture. (Statins do their job in familial issues like mine). My ejection fraction is 65% which is near the top I believe. No blockages, etc.

So my usage is newish but I do experiment lightly. My normal cruise is 125 mg a week of Test-Eth. A couple times a year I will bump it to 250 a week and add a minor 10 mg of Var per day. (Like 2 "eight week" mini-blasts (for me at least) if you would). With my age and light usage, I actually feel those "mini-blasts" and gain (minimally) from them. Ill stop that soon and just keep low TRT dose Im sure, but those mini blasts dont seem to upset my bloods, etc. (As I get older, Ill just stick with low dose test/TRT). (My cardiologist is fine with my small usage as he knows I'm health conscious, I monitor every 12 weeks (bloods) and can discuss all blood-work related numbers with him and know a lot, like most of us here who do bloods and understand them).

Not happy about the calcium, but it could be much worse. Its more of arterial stiffening I guess, and I have since upped my cardio big-time, and take some health supps to support heart-health.
A pic of what happens in issues like mine.

Attachments

• calcium.JPG
    calcium.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 8
Best thing I did was get the calcium score scan. Father died at 47 from heart disease/diabetes. Out of 12 kids, he and 9 siblings died before age 50. Two made it to 70's.
So bad health on that side is rampant. (Ma's sode has great genes/longevity). Ive been on statins since age 40 (14 years) because of my familial problem. (LDL and Trig's off the charts high). Been training since 1978, and only jumped on TRT when I turned 50 back in 2016. (38 years of natty training). I scored a pretty high 500 on that calcium test which "could" mean severe atherosclerosis. When I went in for much more testing (nuclear stress test, etc) they found I am fine, and its just the plaque that calcified, and didn't rupture. (Statins do their job in familial issues like mine). My ejection fraction is 65% which is near the top I believe. No blockages, etc.

So my usage is newish but I do experiment lightly. My normal cruise is 125 mg a week of Test-Eth. A couple times a year I will bump it to 250 a week and add a minor 10 mg of Var per day. (Like 2 "eight week" mini-blasts (for me at least) if you would). With my age and light usage, I actually feel those "mini-blasts" and gain (minimally) from them. Ill stop that soon and just keep low TRT dose Im sure, but those mini blasts dont seem to upset my bloods, etc. (As I get older, Ill just stick with low dose test/TRT). (My cardiologist is fine with my small usage as he knows I'm health conscious, I monitor every 12 weeks (bloods) and can discuss all blood-work related numbers with him and know a lot, like most of us here who do bloods and understand them).

Not happy about the calcium, but it could be much worse. Its more of arterial stiffening I guess, and I have since upped my cardio big-time, and take some health supps to support heart-health.
A pic of what happens in issues like mine.

Sorry to hear about the genetic issue. I have to ask, why Anavar? I know it's a low short term dose but considering the affect it has on HDL why not low dose NPP or Deca instead?

Sorry to hear about the genetic issue. I have to ask, why Anavar? I know it's a low short term dose but considering the affect it has on HDL why not low dose NPP or Deca instead?
Forgot to add, I do have deca I might do that as well during a mini-blast on occasion. Why Avar, its pretty mild, that low dose does nothing to my lipids,and just sort of feel good on it.
(And I because have a bunch of it).

Reactions: Bio
Some points everyone should know:

-Ideally, you want to be under 120/80
-The second, lower number is more important to be low (diastolic), this is your blood pressure when your heart is at 'rest'
-Everyone suffers from arterial stiffening as they age, this increases blood pressure, the lower your blood pressure is, the slower you will get arterial stiffening.
-Heart scans are a good idea, however, there is radiation involved, so you don't want to get them too frequently unless it is necessary.
-Heart scans just detect calcified plaque, this has little to do with blood pressure or arterial stiffening and doesn't mean your blood pressure is ok.
-Blood pressure meds will increase the rate of arterial stiffening, this takes a long time, but being on them for decades will have this effect.
-Cardiovascular exercise is the best long term solution to blood pressure.
-Kidney damage is probably the biggest concern with high blood pressure, this is the number two killer after heart disease (or was last time I checked)

Sort of random.

AceI’s can lower eGFR
Don’t the ARB’s do the opposite? Increase eGFR?

I hate that I read 140 used to be considered healthy, but now they say 120-130/60-70 is the new ideal. Im ok with 240. My female manager and friend is Laotian and it like 130/60 and runs often. Those long living Asian cultures are the epitome of health . Living to 100 is likely with many

EDIT: Maybe 120/20-30 regardless it was perfect

My doctor took me off the 5mg amlodipine I was on as he really didn't see good enough reason to treat me for 140/70, so a lot of doctors still consider it not much to worry about, just keep an eye on it.

-The second, lower number is more important to be low (diastolic), this is your blood pressure when your heart is at 'rest'
-Everyone suffers from arterial stiffening as they age, this increases blood pressure, the lower your blood pressure is, the slower you will get arterial stiffening.
-Heart scans are a good idea, however, there is radiation involved, so you don't want to get them too frequently unless it is necessary.
-Heart scans just detect calcified plaque, this has little to do with blood pressure or arterial stiffening and doesn't mean your blood pressure is ok.
-Blood pressure meds will increase the rate of arterial stiffening, this takes a long time, but being on them for decades will have this effect.
-Kidney damage is probably the biggest concern with high blood pressure, this is the number two killer after heart disease (or was last time I checked)
Any tips diet or supplements

I'm on 100mg of Losartan. Just had my annual physical this week and my BP was 118/72.

Any tips diet or supplements
Avoiding large doses of sodium helps, many restaurant meals have massive doses of sodium in them, 3000-6000mg isn't that uncommon. A healthy diet is definitely required as a "base."

But ultimately, everyone is looking for a "simple" way to fix the blood pressure problem that doesn't involve the dreaded solution: sustained cardiovascular exercise. There is no simple solution, hard cardio (high heart rate steady-state or intervals) is the only real solution, done daily or close to daily.

Blood pressure meds will increase the rate of arterial stiffening that naturally occurs as we age (and is increased by high blood pressure). Youth seems to protect people but with cardio, their youth would just last longer. There are billions of dollars involved in selling you a "quick fix" but the REAL medical evidence is in: cardio is the only real long term solution. The only exception would be when cardio in combination with blood pressure meds is required, and many of these cases are just because the cardio being done isn't consistent enough or intense enough.

This is similar to the weight loss problem, everyone is looking for a quick fix that doesn't involve the hard work and consistency that is really required.

And with that, I'm off to get ready for the gym to do cardio!

Im always at 120/70 plus or minus a few points. (Age 54). I do take one Carditone each evening though.
Even doing TRT that Im on (125 mg a week) bumps me up a bit to like 140/80. So the Carditone helps me.

Wait im on trt/cycling and at 140/80.... what is carditone? OTC? Im about to google but want your impression as well.

I had my first normal reading from a self BP sleeve and it was like 118/72 or around that I think (my phone where its saved is in the other room right now charging) and in 2 minutes i took it again... 141/8 then 2 more minutes..... 143/82

This was all within 6 minutes and i wasnt moving much. Very strange

Wait im on trt/cycling and at 140/80.... what is carditone? OTC? Im about to google but want your impression as well.

It's OTC. Check amazon. Also, do a forum search. Plenty of info on it.

Beefcake how old are you? I would get a calcium CT done. They're not that expensive out of pocket if insurance won't cover it. That will tell you what your artery health is.

34 and my father died at 63 of an aortic embolism last year. Granted he got into drugs real bad after retirement and really before around age 50 he started shooting up crystal meth so Im sure that was the reason why. That toxic acid ate away at his inner linings until it ruptured, but he would always have giant swollen feet like I did, off and on for years, and never went to the doctor for it. He let himself die and now my disabled mother who has seizures lives over an hour away and refuses to move into a home and wants to sell her house, but its owrht very little. Like 80K and its in Granbury TX if you knew where that is, so I certainly dont wanna move there lol

It's OTC. Check amazon. Also, do a forum search. Plenty of info on it.

I hope its 1 capsule a day... Its pricey... well just bc I have no insurance and my medical bills are piling up lol. My old self wouldnt pay the ER visit, but my new self and my responsible GF are the reason why I will pay it all even with payment plans, bc they say it doesnt hurt credit but it def wont help it if I dont pay

Im always in the 118/70 range, plus or minus a few points.. Just turned 49.
I only run test for the most part.. 300mg Cyp every Monday. 50mg prop every Mon, Wed, Fri

I used to be happy if I was under 140/90. Cut out carbs/sugars and now I will sometimes see something like 113/67. Around 120/80 is common. Sometimes considering that I’m sleeping 4hrs many nights, own/operate my company while still
working full time, I might get into the 130s/80. If I ever hit around 140 I can typically retake it and it will drop. Second is only ever low 80s at the most.

Yikes I didnt know about the kidney damage from high BP. I need to up my supps and actually do cardio.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear