over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which Hawthorn Berry/Extract Product?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I am usually pretty good at these types of health things guys....especially in narrowing it down to what is an optimal dosing and reputable brand if I am going to spend the money. However, this seems to be one of the harder ones to generalize and find out information on.

Are there any specific formulations or combinations I should be looking for? What product(s) do you personally prefer?

I really feel for heart health/bp etc in this lifestyle - that Ubiquinol, Magnesium, Hawthorne Berry, and Baby Aspirin should be in all of our arsenals while on cycle and quite likely year round.

Thanks for your time.

Below is an answer from Matt Porter to someone online many months ago but I have yet to figure out where to find "whole product".

whole product including berry, leaves, flowers used in a dose from 900 mg- 1200 mg has shown to help lower BP and mimic a low dose RX as captopril for improving heart failure.

I dont remember if Hawthorne comes as a standardized extract but I dont think it does, which would make any Hawthorne product 'whole herb'.
Usually any plant medicinal not labeled as a 'standardized' product will be whole ground, leaf, root, flower, etc by default.
Whenever I used Hawthorne however I got Hawthorne Berry.

I dont remember if Hawthorne comes as a standardized extract but I dont think it does, which would make any Hawthorne product 'whole herb'.
Usually any plant medicinal not labeled as a 'standardized' product will be whole ground, leaf, root, flower, etc by default.
Whenever I used Hawthorne however I got Hawthorne Berry.

Apparently, from what I can gather - there is a hawthorn standardized extract and also hawthorn berry.

Apparently, from what I can gather - there is a hawthorn standardized extract and also hawthorn berry.

Me personally I would go with the standardized extract, rule of thumb with herbal medicinals.
It guarantees each pill has the same amount of active ingredient.
Otherwise its like buying pills that all varying in strength, could range from inert to very strong.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Hawthorn-Extractract-Veg-capsules/dp/B001395MNC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403906907&sr=8-1&keywords=hawthorne+extract"]Amazon.com: Now Foods Hawthorn Extractract 300mg, Veg-capsules, 90-Count: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VLGf88IyL.@@AMEPARAM@@41VLGf88IyL[/ame]

I've been using that and its been working great (900mg daily). Never have elevated BP and on top of my baby aspirin regiment, it's a cost effective solution.

I need to check this out...badly...my BP is fine when im lean and on dry compounds (even when on tren and clenbuterol) but as soon as add any water weight it gets bad now. It was 141/96 a few days ago and kind of freaked me out..as when I took it a few weeks out from contest last year while on boatloads of drugs it was 115/70

I need to look into this b I can't take baby aspirin anymore. Aspirin and NSAIDS WRECK my stomach. I'm actually getting a colonoscopy next week to look for ulcers and/or colitis. Anywho, I need to pick up some Hawthorne to help with BP.

My biggest thing is if I am going to spend money on this...whether its $5 dollars or $50 dollars, I want to know EXACTLY which I need and EXACTLY how much I need and why a product is or is not optimal for the purpose I am taking it for.

This is why I started this thread because I have found myself sifting through lots of information that isn't quite precise or to the point. There's no doubt if you use the right material at the right dose - it seems to work very well.

Those of you speaking of switching your aspirin out...I'm not sure this is an anti-coagulating agent. PERHAPS look into nattokinase as well but again, I know very little about that and it's application and effectiveness.

My biggest thing is if I am going to spend money on this...whether its $5 dollars or $50 dollars, I want to know EXACTLY which I need and EXACTLY how much I need and why a product is or is not optimal for the purpose I am taking it for.

This is why I started this thread because I have found myself sifting through lots of information that isn't quite precise or to the point. There's no doubt if you use the right material at the right dose - it seems to work very well.

Those of you speaking of switching your aspirin out...I'm not sure this is an anti-coagulating agent. PERHAPS look into nattokinase as well but again, I know very little about that and it's application and effectiveness.

Ive used several brands, I am not using any right now because my bp is in check without it.
I'll see if I can find out the last couple I used and the basic standardization that they used.
I know one was the actual Vitamin Shoppe brand because I worked for them for a good while. They have several selections there, but usually VS has another company, usually one of the other brands, that does their in house for them.

Hawthorn Extract (crataegus oxyacantha) is standardized to 1.8-2.2% Vitexin, a bioflavonoid. Hawthorn helps promote cardiovascular health by improving blood and nutrient flow to the heart muscle.

Hawthorn Extract (crataegus oxyacantha) is standardized to 1.8-2.2% Vitexin, a bioflavonoid. Hawthorn helps promote cardiovascular health by improving blood and nutrient flow to the heart muscle.

Awesome. Yeah, I refuse to just use a Vitamin Shoppe brand... I'd prefer to use whoever they use or someone else that is proven to use a good formulation and raw material.

Awesome. Yeah, I refuse to just use a Vitamin Shoppe brand... I'd prefer to use whoever they use or someone else that is proven to use a good formulation and raw material.
If you roll in there store, take a look at their section for hawthorne they should have about 10 or so different brands, some standardized, some whole herb, and some high mg extract. At least you can get some choices on brand and quality.

If you roll in there store, take a look at their section for hawthorne they should have about 10 or so different brands, some standardized, some whole herb, and some high mg extract. At least you can get some choices on brand and quality.
I'm not interested in wasting that time when I can find better info online from people and websites. I don't care for VS.

I'm not interested in wasting that time when I can find better info online from people and websites. I don't care for VS.

I understand.

Now food has give me the best and most consistent results. I get the extract combined with the plant parts. 300mg.

I'm the only one in my family that isn't on BP meds. But I do take every thing you mentioned plus 5mg cialas. My BP was 110/60 today.

Now food has give me the best and most consistent results. I get the extract combined with the plant parts. 300mg.

I'm the only one in my family that isn't on BP meds. But I do take every thing you mentioned plus 5mg cialas. My BP was 110/60 today.

I assume this is backed up with you getting results via blood work? I am so weary about NOW Foods...they were my go-to until I tested my vitamin D levels on 10,000iu a day and got a fucking 39.

I assume this is backed up with you getting results via blood work? I am so weary about NOW Foods...they were my go-to until I tested my vitamin D levels on 10,000iu a day and got a fucking 39.

They give me about 6-10 points off, other brands have been hit or miss...this is for the bottle, some brands are good one day nothing the next, but if I were to leave out anything it would be hawthorn.

If on higher AAS-600mg ubiquinol, is good for 20 point down.
6000 epa and cialas up to another 20. Magnesium helps as well if all electrolytes are balanced.

They give me about 6-10 points off, other brands have been hit or miss...this is for the bottle, some brands are good one day nothing the next, but if I were to leave out anything it would be hawthorn.

If on higher AAS-600mg ubiquinol, is good for 20 point down.
6000 epa and cialas up to another 20. Magnesium helps as well if all electrolytes are balanced.

Sorry I got confused...you're saying Hawthorn Berry would be the LAST thing you add in for heart health? The several things above are first priority in your mind?
Whose ubiquinol and magnesium do you trust?

My general thought process would be if Now's Hawthorn Berry is good...that something better can be found but I have no facts to back that idea up.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws