over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dr. Berry says statins don’t work!

And specifically a lot we dont know abt lipidology. Actually really fascinating to read abt because i feel like genuinely new things to be discovered in the human body are fairly rare. Like i wanna go back to the time it was like "Eureka! I've discovered blood pressure!" (the dude cutting into horses' carotids and measuring the pressure)
The most convincing thing I've read recently is abt particle size and particle count being much more important than total cholesterol. Given a similar total cholesterol value a person w smaller and therefore more particles has a higher risk of plaque formation/infiltration into the endothelia because of the increased concentration gradient and probably even just the small particles "squeezing" in easier
Yes, it’s very intriguing to say the least. In the end, it’s our immune system that controls everything—including plaque build-up inside the arteries. Also, research leads us to believe a diet high in carbohydrates (elevated insulin levels) is what causes the SMALL LDL to increase. And saturated fats supposedly increase LARGE LDL.

That's against the law. I have a buddy who's a drug rep, he's barely able to even bring lunches to do educational talks these days.
I think most of the illegal money making stuff some shady docs do is fraudulent billing w insurance companies. Pretty sure that can actually get you locked up. Not sure what happens if they got caught taking kickbacks from a pharma rep but would probably lose their license
One way Drug companies pay off doctors for prescribing their meds is under the “marketing agreement” in the form of research grants and consulting fees.

Something often overlooked is just taking psyllium fiber a few times per day. As the huge majority of our cholesterol is recycled repeatedly, fiber (particularly fiber like psyllium) is able to bind w some and actually remove it from the recycling loop. I've had family members get meaningful reductions in the cholesterol numbers this way and it would be removing your cholesterol whether large or small particles. Like the cheerios commercial where they say it can lower cholesterol, that is true, but the fiber in cheerios is weak sauce compared to psyllium

Something often overlooked is just taking psyllium fiber a few times per day. As the huge majority of our cholesterol is recycled repeatedly, fiber (particularly fiber like psyllium) is able to bind w some and actually remove it from the recycling loop. I've had family members get meaningful reductions in the cholesterol numbers this way and it would be removing your cholesterol whether large or small particles. Like the cheerios commercial where they say it can lower cholesterol, that is true, but the fiber in cheerios is weak sauce compared to psyllium
I agree. I’d also add that fiber can help control your blood sugar/insulin. Because the body is unable to absorb and break down fiber, it doesn't cause a spike in blood sugar/insulin the way other carbohydrates can. This can help keep your blood sugar/insulin in range and help lower SMALL LDL particles.

Yes, apoB is supposedly the more accurate marker of cardiovascular risk, as apoB can identify elevated numbers of small cholesterol. But there’s also arguments against this theory as well. That said, at least four studies have shown a lack of an association between LDL-C and degree of atherosclerosis and coronary calcification. Some doctors believe if high LDL was the major cause of atherosclerosis and heart disease, people with the highest LDL should have shorter lives than people with low values. However, in a recent systematic review of 19 cohort studies including more than 68,000 elderly people (>60 years of age), they found the opposite to be true. There’s still a lot we don’t know about the human body.
The way I see it, it's pretty hard to argue that Apo B isn't important given the evidence. The same things that help lower LDL also lower Apo B at the same time. It's pretty hard to have a high LDL with a low Apo B.

So if we aren't sure whether LDL being low is good or not, we can agree that Apo B needs to be low. I am targeting Apo B lowering and the LDL just happens to drop alongside of it.

Honestly, I don't even think testing LDL matters since Apo B is simply a better test. If LDL wasn't already included in standard lipid panels, I wouldn't pay to get it tested.

(I am talking about LDL-C and not LDL-P btw)

I would check out interviews with Dr. Thomas Dayspring. He is also on twitter. He's a lipidology expert and very thorough in the way he explains everything. I place a lot of value into what he says. He explains why he doesn't think particle size or an LDL oxidation test is worth it.

I agree. I’d also add that fiber can help control your blood sugar/insulin. Because the body is unable to absorb and break down fiber, it doesn't cause a spike in blood sugar/insulin the way other carbohydrates can. This can help keep your blood sugar/insulin in range and help lower SMALL LDL particles.
Fiber is so underrated. It undoubtedly is linked to longer lifespan. It's crazy there are people out there trying to tell people to avoid it.

The way I see it, it's pretty hard to argue that Apo B isn't important given the evidence. The same things that help lower LDL also lower Apo B at the same time. It's pretty hard to have a high LDL with a low Apo B.

So if we aren't sure whether LDL being low is good or not, we can agree that Apo B needs to be low. I am targeting Apo B lowering and the LDL just happens to drop alongside of it.

Honestly, I don't even think testing LDL matters since Apo B is simply a better test. If LDL wasn't already included in standard lipid panels, I wouldn't pay to get it tested.

(I am talking about LDL-C and not LDL-P btw)
Statins are not associated with a reduction in cardiovascular disease or death in healthy people aged over 75 years, finds a recent study. However, in those with type 2 diabetes it does. This tells me that statins could be helping some in those who a lot of oxidized LDL and endothelium damage.

What this top cardiologist says speaks volumes as to why statins are not the answer for preventing heart disease.

What this top cardiologist says speaks volumes as to why statins are not the answer for preventing heart disease.

I can agree with him about glucose. As i think damaging the walls of the arteries is the real cause of many diseases such as heart problems. If that is controlled the rest becomes less if not a moot issue. But he should have kept the part about sarcopenia out of it. I have worked out my whole life and am losing muscle as i get older. So that statement does not help his case any.

I can agree with him about glucose. As i think damaging the walls of the arteries is the real cause of many diseases such as heart problems. If that is controlled the rest becomes less if not a moot issue. But he should have kept the part about sarcopenia out of it. I have worked out my whole life and am losing muscle as i get older. So that statement does not help his case any.
At age 60, I’m right there with you.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity