over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Andrew Berry Diagnosed With Mercury Poisoning

I eat a can of fatty fish every day but make sure I choose the lowest mercury types with the highest omega 3's. So a rotation of sardines, herring, and mackerel is what I have been doing for a number of years now.

Problem with tuna is although it's a good protein source, it is high in mercury and lacks omega 3's due to its low fat content.
light tuna has less mecury. High omega supplement with optimal levels dha, epa. Sll these are a good idea, and going to rotatoe some of all of them in with tuna. Ty

Is there a risk with salmon? 95% of the sushi I eat is salmon and we all know I eat a lot of it…

Salmon is not among the most dangerous fish, which are tuna, swordfish or shark.

Diet is such a huge factor with heavy metals. Farmed fish and processed foods are the main culprits IMO. It’s just so easy to not think about these things. Especially with fish as it’s supposed to be “healthy” and the cleanest. I don’t deviate from Cod for this reason.

@berryswole I know you’re very knowledgeable with supplements and am sure you have mapped out a plan to start. Would you mind sharing what you’ve put together?

I’m sure you’re doing things like high dose chlorella, vitamin c and humic/fulvic acid as I know those are staples for heavy metals and mercury.

In principle these fish are safer to eat because they are not feeding on smaller fish and accumulating mercury.

Of course, the ideal is to eat fish that are caught in the open sea and do not eat feed, but they must be safe species, small fish that do not accumulate mercury.

Chelation is of importance. Protecting the functionality and orchestrations of the subcellular organelles is of equal importance. One in particular, mitochondria associated endoplasmic reticulum membrane.

Have me nervous now . Have been eating two cans of tuna with Rice for a few months because it's cheap. I'm guessing it would take more then that though but not sure.
Yea I ate three a day for years. But I can't stand tuna in cans these days. I am going to talk to my Dr about this!

Chelation is of importance. Protecting the functionality and orchestrations of the subcellular organelles is of equal importance. One in particular, mitochondria associated endoplasmic reticulum membrane.

Your post over the years have lead to so much research and knowledge gained…. Don’t see you around as much anymore but just wanted to say thanks man. You have always been an incredible source of information for this board.

It takes a LOT to get mercury poisoning. Most guys here likely aren’t eating anywhere close to what Andrew is.

Read his post again as to how long he was eating that way and how much. He exhausted every other option first.

But order you a test, go to Quest tomorrow and even take some Chlorella if you’re that paranoid. But it’s very unlikely that guys here have mercury poisoning.

Let’s see how many guys go get their levels tested now after this thread. lol
Thanks for the link. I am actually going to get tested. Ive literally been eating a can or two a day of tuna for almost 20 years straight. I dont think there has been a day that has passed that i havent at least had a can or two. Thats the minimum though because im addition i usually have 2 more meals of tilapia. I dont think tilapia is as bad but im not really getting the high quality stuff because im pretty poor.

Ive never digested red meat very well and tuna is cheap and i become very OCD.

I really didnt know what the symptoms were but after reading this im kinda like holy crap ive been suffering from all of that greatly for more than a few years and ive kind of just accepted that i have become a lifeless shell of a person for the rest of my life but im going to go look into this.

Your post over the years have lead to so much research and knowledge gained…. Don’t see you around as much anymore but just wanted to say thanks man. You have always been an incredible source of information for this board.
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

The application should be multifaceted towards improving cell viability. It would be reassuring if we all had simple access to flow cytometry and Western blotting. Unfortunately we don't. So we're blinded and apply methodical approaches in anticipations with success. Hopefully.

This falls inline with my suggestive approaches.

@berryswole out of curiosity. Prior to your findings of high levels of mercury exposure, do you recall any and all the supplements (health related) you may have been taking? Not for purposes of contaminated supplements with heavy metals. Something a little different. I'll lead into the rest later.

Thanks for the link. I am actually going to get tested. Ive literally been eating a can or two a day of tuna for almost 20 years straight. I dont think there has been a day that has passed that i havent at least had a can or two. Thats the minimum though because im addition i usually have 2 more meals of tilapia. I dont think tilapia is as bad but im not really getting the high quality stuff because im pretty poor.

Ive never digested red meat very well and tuna is cheap and i become very OCD.

I really didnt know what the symptoms were but after reading this im kinda like holy crap ive been suffering from all of that greatly for more than a few years and ive kind of just accepted that i have become a lifeless shell of a person for the rest of my life but im going to go look into this.

You may have been lucky and your body is good at fighting the buildup or that the tuna you consume is caught somewhere cleaner.

The symptoms are quite general and can be due to many different causes, often we are also subjective when it comes to evaluating ourselves. If you read about any health problem, you are sure to find symptoms that apply to you.

The only way to know is to do a reliable test.

It strikes me about tuna as a cheap source, I have never in my life seen cans of tuna being cheap, chicken and eggs are always cheaper.

Do you live somewhere where fish is abundant, like coastal areas?

You may have been lucky and your body is good at fighting the buildup or that the tuna you consume is caught somewhere cleaner.

The symptoms are quite general and can be due to many different causes, often we are also subjective when it comes to evaluating ourselves. If you read about any health problem, you are sure to find symptoms that apply to you.

The only way to know is to do a reliable test.

It strikes me about tuna as a cheap source, I have never in my life seen cans of tuna being cheap, chicken and eggs are always cheaper.

Do you live somewhere where fish is abundant, like coastal areas?

I live in Florida. For a pretty long time a can of walmart tuna was 50 cents. Back then id buy like 50 cans at a time and just fill cabinets with tuna and oatmeal.
I think at publix i pay 5-6 dollars for 4 cans now.

I have a dozen chickens that lay an egg a day now so i always have a supply of eggs but ive always really liked the convenience of being able to just pop open a can of tuna. Its easy to take with you places.

Andrew Berry believes his case came from ahi tuna.

Jason Huh believes his case from Chilean sea bass - him and his wife (who also got mercury poisoning) were both eating a lot of it.

If you're going to make fish a regular part of your diet you really have to be careful outside of the bodybuilding staples like salmon, cod, tilapia, etc. Do the research on mercury content in any fish you're considering.

A great seafood that's not fish and low in mercury is shrimp. For about half the year I eat 3lbs. of it a week.

Random good point to chime in but shrimp is great. Super low calorie, high protein, and almost no mercury. I pretty much stick to shrimp .009ppm, salmon .022ppm, and sardines .013ppm

Salmon and sardines are considered low, but look how much lower shrimp is! You could conceivably eat 100 pounds a week before being at the upper limit.

For everyone....Regarding Tuna....not all tuna is the same

Canned light tuna
has 0.12 parts per million, which is pretty low. You could potentially eat 50 pounds a week before you are at the upper safe limit.

Canned albacore tuna has .353!! That is like 10x the amount.

If their claims are accurate, Safe Catch brand tests every fish and applies a standard that is 10x less than FDA approved levels.

Random good point to chime in but shrimp is great. Super low calorie, high protein, and almost no mercury. I pretty much stick to shrimp .009ppm, salmon .022ppm, and sardines .013ppm

Salmon and sardines are considered low, but look how much lower shrimp is! You could conceivably eat 100 pounds a week before being at the upper limit.

For everyone....Regarding Tuna....not all tuna is the same

Canned light tuna
has 0.12 parts per million, which is pretty low. You could potentially eat 50 pounds a week before you are at the upper safe limit.

Canned albacore tuna has .353!! That is like 10x the amount.
I absolutely love shrimp. For years I ate 3lbs. of it a week so that burnt me out a bit but I still pick up a few every now and then. Shrimp are great because they come in different sizes, can be prepared a million different ways, and you don't have to worry about mercury.

I absolutely love shrimp. For years I ate 3lbs. of it a week so that burnt me out a bit but I still pick up a few every now and then. Shrimp are great because they come in different sizes, can be prepared a million different ways, and you don't have to worry about mercury.

totally agree! That is the best part man there are so many ways to do it. It's really a great choice I don't think many even consider.

Yeah man great to see ya have always loved ur input doc and hope ur doing great!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws