Which slin do you prefer and why

• Lantus

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Humalog

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • Humalin-r

Votes: 55 50.9%

• Total voters
Ahh my bad. So u never promoted mike A protocol when it recomended log??

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Just because he wrote it up using log doesn't mean I didn't read the full text where he clearly stated he actually preferred humulin R...and that you just had to adjust the timing of the shakes. He said this from the onset.

I have only used Humalin-R, usually 10-15 ius and prefer it post-workout.

I like hum-r it has a nice window when it peaks so you can it pre workout and get the pre intra and post and it will be in you for a while to get in couple meals in after so you can get the benefit from it.

The problem with recommending protocols is the difference between individuals. I am VERY sensitive to slin, and I can go hypo on 2iu if I'm not on top of it. There are times in the past (many many years ago) where I would use 10iu of slin with no issues, however I don't have insulin resistance like that anymore.

Novolog has become the standard slin to be used in insulin pumps because it is the fastest acting and generally works the same in most people.

Slin use is simple for diabetics because they don't produce insulin. People that DO produce insulin AND take insulin can run into a lot of problems very easily. Things like the 10g carbs/iu formula that works for diabetics that don't make slin doesn't work for people who do make insulin in addition to the exo slin.

Some diabetics make a LITTLE insulin sometimes, but not always, this causes very dangerous issuse, especially if they say, release some insulin while sleeping in addition to having exo slin in their system.

Personally, I do not use slin anymore, I never noticed that much of a positive effect from it, and I don't like being paranoid about my blood sugar level. I think slin works well for people who have high insulin resistance, however for people who maintain very low insulin resistance, I don't think exo slin all that necessary.

Very smart decision.

@phatkid77

Only by trying it to see the more sensitive you are the less slin you can tolerate and needing higher carb intake.

I'm very sensitive to slin, 7iu novo with 200g carbs had me on my back was horrible.

Its the initial peak with me if I can get over the 1st 20mins then its fine, its the 1st 5-20mins that hits me hard and I need far over the 10g carb 1iu guideline to get over the peak.

On the other hand my friend had 30iu and felt only mild hypo, I thinkn 30iu would probably kill me lol

I've been using novolog 70/30 and really like it.

**broken link removed**

Take your pick...thought this side by side comparison chart was pretty cool.

I prefer log with meals 1 and 2 and R a half hour before training in the afternoon. If I get caught up and can't train until later, it's log a half hour preworkout instead if R because I don't have to worry about going hypo while I'm sleeping.

What about humulin N? I have a bottle of that in the fridge and always wanted to try a safe run /experiment with slin, any thoughts on this type and how I would run it? First time with slin, history....6yrs of AAS use, NPC MP Champion 7 shows..

Thanks Guys JG

I found HUM N to be helpful. I like to administer about 2 hours before workout with a meal including complex and simple carbs. Usually oats and brown sugar.

I have gone up to a 40iu dose in the mornings, I wouldnt recommend taking any past 12pm. I am going to get some Hum R today and compare... :headbang:

@phatkid77

Only by trying it to see the more sensitive you are the less slin you can tolerate and needing higher carb intake.

I'm very sensitive to slin, 7iu novo with 200g carbs had me on my back was horrible.

Its the initial peak with me if I can get over the 1st 20mins then its fine, its the 1st 5-20mins that hits me hard and I need far over the 10g carb 1iu guideline to get over the peak.

On the other hand my friend had 30iu and felt only mild hypo, I thinkn 30iu would probably kill me lol

Thanks bro! I guess I'm normal ? Lol. I do.t require a tonne at the start.

Out of humilin so I used humalog today...10iu 40 min before gym the. Pounded 10oz grape juice mix 20 min later ... Coinicidence or not. Bit I was sto.get today on bench...and I'm off my blast since July 7??

When I use insulin I usually use Novolin-R. Mainly because it is cheap and I have a protocol that works for me. And I can just go pick it up at Walmart.

I can't find much info on the peak and active time with humalin S, is it much different to humailn R?

That graph above is great paints a clear picture but it doesn't have humalin S on and atm I can only source novorapid and humalin S

I can't find much info on the peak and active time with humalin S, is it much different to humailn R?

That graph above is great paints a clear picture but it doesn't have humalin S on and atm I can only source novorapid and humalin S

You can't go to Walmart? Novolin-R/Humilin-R is legal over the counter (assuming you're in the US).

Is anyone actually using meters to test their blood sugars pre/post insulin injections?

I plan to run Novolag once I start my bulk. Ive taken it before but its been a while and i've notice a lot of guy take pwo only. Here's my plan and please critique if you feel it needs it.

-45min preworkout- 5iu novolog
-preworkout- 50g dex/10g bcaa/10g creatine
-Intraworkout- 50g dex/10g bcaa/10g creatine/glutamine
-PWO- 5iu novolog/70g whey/50g dextrose/glutamine
-1 hour after workout carb/protein meal with no fat

I also have a refeed day in which the above protocol will be used except pwo meal will be 70g whey/350g carbs. The rest stays the same.

Suggestions, comments..?

Humalin-R -easy to get and easy to use

Using Patrick Arnold pre workout protocol.

**broken link removed**

Take your pick...thought this side by side comparison chart was pretty cool.

I prefer log with meals 1 and 2 and R a half hour before training in the afternoon. If I get caught up and can't train until later, it's log a half hour preworkout instead if R because I don't have to worry about going hypo while I'm sleeping.

Lantus minimum 25iu subq morning(release for 25 hours, about 1iu for hour) , after meal 5-10iu humalog im(release 1,5 hours, half time im)
only day workout!

Last edited:
Novo Rapid. I use pre workout, like it better than novolog/humalog due to it lasting long enough to get post meal in while still active, log is more predictable tho.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131