Which slin do you prefer and why

• Lantus

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Humalog

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • Humalin-r

Votes: 55 50.9%

• Total voters
only thing i have tried is humalin just because its so easy to get, but going to give log a try soon.

I've been using Humlin R IM wonder what the active time in the system is IM verse subq

Eye Opener Today

So for years I've only used Humalog because I stocked up with a great source before they had to go into the books of great sources that no longer exist. Now for my winter cycle I've decided to add in some "R" to make the Humalog last longer. Had to stop by Walmart to pick some things up and decided to hit the pharmacy up for some slin, no worries, Novolin R for 25 bucks, stoked. Then while at the name brand grocery store decided to compare prices and asked what they have, Lilly Humulin R for 92 dollars!!! What the f**K!! Why is Lilly brand name almost 4 times as much as Novolin??? Same exact amount, to me slin is slin, right???? I know, generic compared to name brand pharm, but 4 times as much??? Glad I was able to pick up the Novolin R before coming across the Humulin R :D

Last edited:
Walmart has a deal with novo nordisk to produce novolin only for them for cheap so they can offer it to customers with no insurance

Have you seen the diabetic supply section at Wal-Mart? Between that and the junk food section, they've got it figured out.

The novolin is a loss leader...they get people in there with that low price and they buy every damned thing in the store before they leave.

Humalog, quicker one, it's my favourite for sure. Best gains came from it

novalog for sure, fast acting … in and out your system quickly and I don't have to be paranoid all day wondering if I'm going to go hypo

Humulin R at breakfast and Humalog pre or post workout.

Novolog 10iu prework ....have been on for 3 weeks and everyone is noticing my results...insane pumps and muscles are full....plan on running for another week then coming off for a month then back on...I love how slin keeps me hungry all day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Humlin r because it is fast acting but last long enough to get in a good amount of nutrients

The biggest difference we will see from making this change will be in the amount of carbs we can eat at breakfast and dinner. In a sense, most of people likes mixed insulins. 70/30 insulin is 70% NPH insulin and 30% Regular insulin.

Long acting insulin, I can shoot it and forget it.
And pack on VAT... Easier to control the fat and food in active slin window with shorter acting. It's easy enough to add fat with short acting slin, in my humble opinion.

Hasnt been an issue with me, I also don't limit my fat intake on slin. Overeating puts on fat.
I have to be careful. I got smoother quickly with it and I seemed to add some VAT using it on and off over the winter. I controlled carbs and cals and avoided fat in active window. I just used it pre/post training. Some guys just get softer quicker on slin, I've seen others describe it but also seen others say they have no issue or even get leaner. Definitely not a one size fits all drug, imo. I'd be super scared to have active Exo slin all day.

Novolin-r from Walmart cheap and does the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner