mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who donates blood to reduce red blood cell count?

my red blood count is generally pretty high, so when they have blood drives they always request that i donate red cells.

Double red blood cell donation takes about 30 minutes. Donating plasma takes about 90 minutes. But donating plasma does nothing to lower RBC's. But it is much needed. Did it once. Its hard to sit in a chair for 90 minutes with needles in both arms.

If I may ask, what are the medical benefits donating plasma, why is it much needed?

Can you expand on this?

Any medical reports to prove this?

thx
Chip

I just donated and on the wall I believe it said u can donate plasma once a week. If it takes that long I guess that's why they will pay you.

If I may ask, what are the medical benefits donating plasma, why is it much needed?

Can you expand on this?

Any medical reports to prove this?

thx
Chip

Benefits aren't for us but for the person receiving it. Heard it takes numerous pints of blood from multiple sources to get a certain amount of plasma. But getting it from one source is just easier and not wasting blood to get plasma. Used for cancer patients I believe. Transfusions. Burn victims. Just simpler getting from one donor then multiple. Body replenishes plasma much quicker then red blood too.

plasma won't reduce your red blood cells if thats one of your goals

Since I just do HRT anymore, my levels are only slightly elevated. I haven't been donating as much as I should because I feel crappy for days. Probably should though.

random bump but didn't want to start a new thread. After giving blood how long do you guys wait to lift? I donated today and planned on hitting legs tomorrow but idk if that's well advised...thanks

random bump but didn't want to start a new thread. After giving blood how long do you guys wait to lift? I donated today and planned on hitting legs tomorrow but idk if that's well advised...thanks

IMO you'll be fine, I've trained same day with no issues even tho they advise against it. Just make sure your sufficiently hydrated, and have a few meals in you and I wouldn't try to set any PR's but I wouldn't skip on the workout. Again, just my opinion

You'll be fine. I just wouldn't do it the same day (unless you train before)

I've been on TRT for about 5 years. I try to donate at least once per quarter.

When I first started I didn't know about this either, and I would blast and cruise year round without donating. At one point my RBC got way too high...almost fucked myself up.

I much more disciplined now about getting regular blood work and donating :)

I have been on TRT for a little over a year now and did not know about this...will have to start donating

went in the other day and was going to do double red, was all set, excited to donate, but no blood came out?! after 4 of the workers looked at my arm, no one had any answers as to why, said needle was in the right place. so they wrapped it up and told me to leave...anyone experience this before?

went in the other day and was going to do double red, was all set, excited to donate, but no blood came out?! after 4 of the workers looked at my arm, no one had any answers as to why, said needle was in the right place. so they wrapped it up and told me to leave...anyone experience this before?

Wow, that's kinda of scary. Could the blood be too thick? What size needle were they using? Never experienced anything like that before, although sometimes after the blood has been flowing for a while it will stop, I don't know if it's the blood coagulating or what? Maybe someone else will chime in...

Possibly your blood is getting too thick. Mine did this also, but just came out very slowly. Next visit I took an aspirin before and pounded a ton of water and the blood came out just fine. Not sure if it is the best idea, but it worked. Also the double red blood donation procedure usually uses an anticoagulant, which should have helped the blood flow if your blood was too thick, which makes me believe blood thickness may not be the case.

definately take an aspirin a day till you figure it out, Id go get tested asap

My blood work at week 4 of my last Cycle showed an already high hematocrit. Just made sense to sign up and lie my ass off to donate blood when the bloodmobile came to my jobsite. I personally don't care if they can use it, it's safe, sterile, and important to donate if you use aas. They run tests on everything collected to make sure it's safe, so don't worry; your testosterone rampaged blood isn't gonna give some woman a beard when she gets your blood.

I believe they some how check before hand at some places and turn you down if you have high RBCs not sure if it's true.

A family member took mine a while back and it would hardly come out with an 18. Filled up almost two bags and they turned hard in minutes. I'm almost afraid to for fear of being turned away which is silly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity