over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who is actively competing in PL/Strongman

Paul Bunyan

Powerlifting Champion/Moderator
Registered
I'm curious to know how many of you guys are actively competing i.e. contest within the last 6mo. Post up your most recent contest results or what contest you are planing to do and when. I know I've been a bit lax in my participation here but life has been busy and I haven't competed since the winter.

My current plan is to rid myself of excess bodyfat and to reduce my overall weight. Since I've gotten serious I've managed to lose 14lbs in the last 3wks. So I'm sub 300lbs for the first time in probably 10yrs. I would really like to do a PL meet at 275. I've also been tossing the idea around to train some BJJ/MMA and maybe do a grappling contest or amature MMA fight.

What are you guys up too?

PB

Hmm, I have been.

5/24/08 - Body Goals strongman challenge, NJ 2nd
6/14/08 - Beast of the East Pro-am, NJ, 2nd
7/18/08 - Hudson Valley Strongman, NY 1st
7/25/08 - Western NY's Strongest man, 1st
8/1/08 - Central PA Strongest man, 1st
8/14/08 - Pyramid strongman challenge,NJ 1st
10/18/08 - My first powerlifting show, 1693 total @ 235lbs
10/25/08 - Buckeye Strongman Challenge, OH 2nd

Holy shit! You've been a busy boy this year. Nice work.

PB

That's a darn impressive list of competitions!

Nice job on the total too! My best was only 400lb. bench 'raw'.........600 squat.....650 dead..........but your schwarz score kills mine because I was almost 280lbs.

How is your body holding up with all those competitions? Probably better than bodybuilders who overtrain constantly! I had the most fun training for powerlifting competitions....lot more friendly people. I'll bet strongman is a blast! :D :cool:

Nice job on the total too! My best was only 400lb. bench 'raw'.........600 squat.....650 dead..........but your schwarz score kills mine because I was almost 280lbs.

How is your body holding up with all those competitions? Probably better than bodybuilders who overtrain constantly! I had the most fun training for powerlifting competitions....lot more friendly people. I'll bet strongman is a blast! :D :cool:

Actually, I feel great. I am doing another competition this weekend in Jersey. Hoping to get the W and take a few months off to put on 5 or so more pounds of muscle and lose this last bit of fat.

I compete about twice a year. The rest of the year is building up my weaknesses, improving technique, and working on body composition.

Umm,

Keg Carry
Log
Farmers/Tire
Stones
Deadlift

under a canopy in a park in NJ BellicosE? We thinkin of same show?

lol, than they gave us both second place trophys cause I got a silver guy with an axe on mine, but I left before the ceremony, it was late! Ill check the score sheet when I get a chance. Think I may know who you are... Don't wanna shout your name out here, but I think I tied you on points and got you on weight ... D.M.?

Hmm, I have been.

5/24/08 - Body Goals strongman challenge, NJ 2nd
6/14/08 - Beast of the East Pro-am, NJ, 2nd
7/18/08 - Hudson Valley Strongman, NY 1st
7/25/08 - Western NY's Strongest man, 1st
8/1/08 - Central PA Strongest man, 1st
8/14/08 - Pyramid strongman challenge,NJ 1st
10/18/08 - My first powerlifting show, 1693 total @ 235lbs
10/25/08 - Buckeye Strongman Challenge, OH 2nd

congrats on the nice placings, what kind of weight u puttin up in the log, axle deads, farmers and so forth?

i hit a 320 axle, 315 log, axle dead is a little over 600 with no straps ... farmers, I've taken 340 50ft with no drops. Ive loaded a 405 stone to 52"

nice fuckin numbers, the 320 axle was it cleaned first cuz im surprised if you can clean and press it in the sense that i would think ur axle to be less than your log

600 axle is no joke, please tell me you did with a mixed grip cuz that was the only way i got 560 up a while back

again, nice fuckin numbers, u got a home gym set-up with equipment or a good gym with all the nice toys...farmers, log, axle, yoke and if so where is this gym?

nice fuckin numbers, the 320 axle was it cleaned first cuz im surprised if you can clean and press it in the sense that i would think ur axle to be less than your log

600 axle is no joke, please tell me you did with a mixed grip cuz that was the only way i got 560 up a while back

again, nice fuckin numbers, u got a home gym set-up with equipment or a good gym with all the nice toys...farmers, log, axle, yoke and if so where is this gym?

Yes, I cleaned it from the floor ... I continental clean ... inch it up my stomach. I never train it, b/c 300 wins all my shows, my log is on the same level because I have been training it religiously in hope of hitting 335lb national record this December. Yes, I use a mix grip, I have a great grip so anything I do on a barbell can be done on an axle. I train with the "Linden Yard Crew" ... they have everything I need.

did u use an alternating grip for the first part of the pull on your continental?

ur great grip aside (bastard) i hate my small hands...anywho...can u give me some details as to how u train for strongman, a generic or detailed example would be appreciated

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
vz2000
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins