over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why bodybuilding will not become acceptable

RicPhoenix

Featured Member
Featured Member
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Talk about poor journalism and NO research.

What is it about guys with muscles that fascinates society?

They would not have written the story in this manner if there was no sensationalist angle to the public to draw them to read the articls...and that angle was specifically MUSCLE (note in each article I think they mention roids..but they also mention bodybuilding ie..anyone who exercises once a week and takes roids is a bodybuilder ?)

Do muscles scare society? Is this a natural psychological protection to be afraid of muscular men or men that are "hyper-masculine" ?

RicPhoenix said:
Do muscles scare society? Is this a natural psychological protection to be afraid of muscular men or men that are "hyper-masculine" ?

absolutely. if you're bigger than someone, and much bigger, you'll be percieved as a threat. and think back to hunter gatherer days. the bigger, stronger guy could protect his woman and get food better than the meterosexuals (somehow they survived a few thousand years). so now you're percieved as a guy who can kick their asses and take their women.... at least thats how i see it.

ok how many of you guys here are killers?????
do you think that steroids will make you kill????NO fucking way.i mean come on guys its not the first and the last time we going to hear things like this.
YEH HE WAS USEING STEROIDS AND HE WAS SO FUCKED UP JUST BECOUSE OF IT.
i am so sick of hearing this.if you kill somebody you definetly had that in you before you started useing them.and let say how many killers are bodybuilders??not that many,but if they are they just put a black dot on bodybuilding name.that is sad,but thats reality we cant run away from it.

and Rick i think because a lot people would love to have the same bodys would love to look like us,but with no work.and thats why people will bring in conversations with others,that yeh if i would use steroids i would be the same.TRY IT!!!!!!!
no one wants to work for it but everybody want to look like us.JEALOUSY and INTIMIDATION that what we going to deal with all the time brothers and sisters of iron!

Last edited:
I agree it will never change

Even in its most generic lowest form muscle is percieved as powerful, dangerous, weapon. It is intimdating for all living organisms, heck would u want to be a cave with a bear who obviously larger then u and has much more muscle, I wouldnt. But one has to understand what gets most of the press coverage, a everyday male who is a good person in society that uses a perfomance enhancing drug to improve his physique.... Nope!! its the people that have used AAS admit to it, sometimes blame the crime on the hormones. The press doesnt carry good everyday news to hit the public, people dont read what is good about supplementation and HRT they want the drama, the bad news, the guy that was taking several steroids and severly beat his girlfriend and killed someone in a "roid rage". WHats that saying, "guns dont kill people, people kill people". Its the same as our past time sport, and Barry Bonds drama, does he use? Its a stereotype that formed from others who have used abused and not taken accoutabilty with what they did. As long as the stereotype is supported then nothing will change. Lesson to learn while it stand on my soap box "do not be that bad apple"
gooey ;)

What a poor corellation. My question is "how many killers have NEVER taken steroids"...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear