mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

why is everyone so concerned about weight?

itrain

Registered
I understand people wanting to move up weight classes but what about aesthetics, improving lagging muscles and achieving a shape and overall physique we are after.

maybe some guys jus wanna be bigger?

besides symmetry is a debatable topic, everyone has different perspectives on it

also asthetics is the most over used word these days in bodybuilding its been commercialized by ectomorphic kids abusing gear to describe there physiques becoz they cant get big,

once arnold was a monster and so was zane, now there asthetic becoz drug use has changed, and so has bodybuilding

bb.com has lots of guys wanting aesthetics, this is probably the wrong forum for aesthetics IMO

maybe some guys jus wanna be bigger?

besides symmetry is a debatable topic, everyone has different perspectives on it

also asthetics is the most over used word these days in bodybuilding its been commercialized by ectomorphic kids abusing gear to describe there physiques becoz they cant get big,

once arnold was a monster and so was zane, now there asthetic becoz drug use has changed, and so has bodybuilding

bb.com has lots of guys wanting aesthetics, this is probably the wrong forum for aesthetics IMO

Your right. Zyzz is there king.

Because people don't understand the health issues still ther on a hospital bed with no one there but u and your thoughts rather never be a ifbb pro but a decent siz that is pleasant dudes now a days are fucking themselves up Ronnie Coleman comes to mind once the fun and games are done then they realize! When your young your dumb or think nah it's not gone happen, young equal dumb= facts

Last edited:
:yeahthat:

Last edited:
I hear you that bloke, But for example one that is lagging in the trap department focusing on bringing it up, or one who wants more of taper dropping the deads and squats, and focusing on side delts rear delts , lat width...

I for one know as soon as I reach a new weight for the first time I look like shit, But if I stay at that weight and train for 4-6 weeks with more volume the weight looks better but then the battle again comes into play with regards to aesthics because some body parts grow better then others..

I just dont understand why guys choose to ruin there physique for 10 lbs of scale weight

I JUST DONT SEE THE PURPOSE,,

Last edited:
Because people don't understand the health issues still ther on a hospital bed with no one there but u and your thoughts rather never be a ifbb pro but a decent siz that is pleasant dudes now a days are fucking themselves up Ronnie Coleman comes to mind once the fun and games are done then they realize! When your young your dumb or think nah it's not gone happen, young equal dumb= facts

last time i checked that lil "TWINK" zyzz is dead, coleman is still alive

maybe i'm not understanding your point

I understand people wanting to move up weight classes but what about aesthetics, improving lagging muscles and achieving a shape and overall physique we are after.

I'm more concerned about size, which inderectly increases weight as well. I believe real bodybuilders aren't concerned about weight per se, but want actual size. Also, all bodybuilders I know are all trying to improve lagging body parts and try to keep their lines as much as possible.

However, you also have to be realistic. My waist as a light heavy at around 195-198lbs is 30inches. If I move into the heavys and compete at 220lbs, I'm sure my waist will be 32"-33", however my lines will look the same as long as all my other body parts grow equally.

So I'm not sure to who this thread is directed at, because all competitors i know care about size, quality, shape, muscle symmetry, and improving weak points. I think noobs to the iron game are more concerned about their weight because they don't understand the game yet and want to get big and they judge everything by numbers, just like the "how much do you bench crew".

If you don't have great genetics (and most of us don't), the best way to make your physique look more impressive is to keep filling it out with muscle.

Filling out a frame with muscle goes a pretty long way in hiding structural weaknesses.

The freaks get the Attention
Shawn Ray in my mind had an amazing physique but never got an O
Lee Priest is a freak to

Right now Flex Lewis has an amazing physique could he hang in open shows I think so...

I think this argument is valid if u r flex lewis. 25 pounds on him might ruin his lines, aesth, etc, but most of us are not him, dont look like him and need to be bigger to even come close to being competitive on the local level
also bringing up lagging bodyparts usually means they get bigger, so the scale should read higher numbers. if it doesnt, did you really gain any new muscle?

I'll be happy with 10 more pounds of muscle! That was the mind set back in college. No body fat so every pound = muscle. :) or so I thought. Now in my mid 40s it isn't as simple as that. :( But it is still hard to get away from that mind set.

If you don't have great genetics (and most of us don't), the best way to make your physique look more impressive is to keep filling it out with muscle.

Filling out a frame with muscle goes a pretty long way in hiding structural weaknesses.

While I have NOTHING but the UTMOST respect for Shelby, I am going to have to beg to differ. I think the more muscle you have, the more noticeable your structural weaknesses are. A small guy with an ugly body is not as noticeable as the ugly body magnified 10X.

And while I agree that competitors are focused on size, I feel what they *should* be focused on is the illusion of size- and that is accomplished by balance, lines, symetry, proportions. The outright quest for size has taken away from all those things. It is not about being the BIGGEST diamond. It is about being the most PERFECT diamond- which encompasses decent size but it also encompasses so many other criteria that bodybuilders seem to have forgotten about.

I chased the scale last offseason, got out of shape. I did add muscle, but I screwed up my metabolism and made it VERY hard to get in to half way decent shape.

I will stay much leaner this offseason, do things right, stay lighter, and i am willing to bet it will have a better outcome. I learned my lesson.

While I have NOTHING but the UTMOST respect for Shelby, I am going to have to beg to differ. I think the more muscle you have, the more noticeable your structural weaknesses are. A small guy with an ugly body is not as noticeable as the ugly body magnified 10X.

And while I agree that competitors are focused on size, I feel what they *should* be focused on is the illusion of size- and that is accomplished by balance, lines, symetry, proportions. The outright quest for size has taken away from all those things. It is not about being the BIGGEST diamond. It is about being the most PERFECT diamond- which encompasses decent size but it also encompasses so many other criteria that bodybuilders seem to have forgotten about.

How do you improve balance, lines, symmetry, and proportion, without gaining muscle?

Last edited:
notice how the guys who have the best flowing physiques who stay relatively lean year round and great symmetry never brag about their stats

yet the guys who have nothing else to brag about except #'s tend to blurt their stats every chance they get. in reality most of these guys underestimate their BF and have terrible, blocky physiques that are unaesthetic. i guess they like to be proud of "something"...

:lightbulb::lightbulb:

#'s mean nothing... at the end of the day you can look great if you're a cut 175lbs with deep sliced abs depending on your genetic shape...provided you are under 5'10 or so

Isn't the name of the game to improve your previous best every time you step on stage? Assuming you hit contest condition, how do you improve on that without adding muscle (and inevitably gain weight)?

i do agree thought that bringing up their lean mass overall will make someone look much more impressive in clothes.

i see guys like this in the gym all the time. they wear these stupid bodybuilder tank tops that reveals their upper half and their nips so it doesn't leave a lot to the imagination, but, there are tons of structural flaws on them that, realistically, i think only bodybuilders can notice. other people will just consider them "huge and rippped."

but to me i can pick apart their physiques. peaky biceps but no triceps (high insertions and lack size). no shoulder sweep gives them a narrow look. very blocky chest, lacking upper chest (very common). very blocky waist. kind of like a ron harris look. rarely ever do they have calves. probably underdeveloped legs because i rarely see guys train legs at my gym. i see these guys all the time, they have size over others because of their dosages and permabulk mentality but in reality you take a moderate genetic guy and put him on the same hormones and chances are he will wipe the floor with guy A on the stage.

funny part about gym rats is they always chase size because it's what makes them look big in clothes.

the guys who have great shape, proportions, and stay lean year round look like some typical handsome rock climber build in clothes with a sunken face until he takes his clothes off and does a front double bicep, then jaws will drop

simply to become a BEAST!!..lol

Isn't the name of the game to improve your previous best every time you step on stage? Assuming you hit contest condition, how do you improve on that without adding muscle (and inevitably gain weight)?

I may be wrong, but I think the point the OP was making is not to focus so much on scale weight that you disregard other important things (balance, symmetry, proprtions, etc). He isn't saying we should ignore weight completely.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131