over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

will tattoos hurt you in bodybulding

cat_tattoo_01.jpg

Hahaha every time I see this one I bust out laughing. There's another one like this, but it's a monkey instead of a cat.

I have seen guys put there heart and soul into a contest prep and lose a place or two if not worse because of tatts that cover up all the hardwork.. So if one wishes to compete and also wishes to get tatts be very aware of where your putting them..

Tatts in my opinion will not help your standing..

Judges will mark you down for tatts in local comps here in Oz..

They definately smear definition.. However, the best body should win on the day regardless..

How about a lower leg sleeve? I was thinking of one from knee height down, it will include some color. Shouldnt affect the judging if its lower leg Id imagine. Wife tells me to hold off tho til Im done competing, but who knows when that may be, its just something Ive wanted for as long as I can remember, not sure why and its pretty much the only place Id want one too for some reason.

How about a lower leg sleeve? I was thinking of one from knee height down, it will include some color. Shouldnt affect the judging if its lower leg Id imagine. Wife tells me to hold off tho til Im done competing, but who knows when that may be, its just something Ive wanted for as long as I can remember, not sure why and its pretty much the only place Id want one too for some reason.

Not to steal your idea lol but I was thinking about getting one in the same spot. What did you have in mind for yours?

I've been avoiding getting some tattoos that I want for years because of this.

Depends on the judges, your physique and your contest color. If the tattoos that you have or decide to get outline your muscles and cuts and make you appear larger then go for it. Look up a former bodybuilder Rich Piana. Rich is an absolute monster to say the very least. This guy runs his own supplement company called Mutant and he certainly is a mutant. The guy is around three hundred pounds, strong as all hell and his tattoos make him look even bigger. He talks about his tattoos on YouTube and says that he got them specifically to enhance his appearance. Even though he would be big without them. Check him out...

I dnt think its worth the risk of the judges scoring u diwn for abit of ink on you

C'mon man, you know I wasn't slamming these people. You know good and well that 99% of Americans that get a tribal tattoo is doing it bc it "looks bad ass," and not because they belong to a certain tribe and/or culture. I'm not upset at all. I just don't think your analogy is accurate. Well, if someone has a full sleeve of tribal then it's bumper stickers, but if they've got a legit $5-6k piece done very clean then it's like a bad ass paint job for your Benz. :D

I know you weren't brother........and I like your analogy of a good sleeve to a bad ass paint job! well played my friend.

Not to steal your idea lol but I was thinking about getting one in the same spot. What did you have in mind for yours?

I am thinking something a Japanese style, like Japanese Foo Dog with some color and some flowers, maybe some water of fire, both? Maybe have the Foo dog fighting a dragon or a Sumurai...something along those lines.

How about you?

I wish they would become unpopular again. I started getting tattooed 30 years ago to be different. Now I look like everybody else. I kind of liked the being different part. That's why I did it. Oh well........

I would hold off till your done competing. That would be a shame if you had chance for first place, and you wound up getting 2nd because of a tattoo..

Oh.. And I don't compete so that part doesn't bother me. But tattoos do affect the cut look. They cover it up.

I have gotten all of mine way before I ever started lifting, I was a different person. I do compete now and I definitely think it hurts me, full sleeve . It makes my one should look different and. I also have a huge back piece and it kills my back, but I have won a show and made first call outs, I do hate them.

Jonny O. I'm all tatted up dude. I have leg pieces from knee to foot on both legs. And yes, because of that my calves look smaller. You can"t see the cuts under the calves. My advise is, if your serious about competing hold off on the tatts.

Mine took away from a lot of separation.
My intention was to get a tatoo in the shape of the muscle to try to make it stand out more. Didn't work out as planned.... Too late now! Lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374887089.920864.jpg

Still a good piece though. Get the rest finished next week.

Interesting thread. I always wondered about this.

I have some, but not huge. Don't think they really take anything away from definition thankfully.

I can def see how larger pieces, and really dark bold pieces can be an issue.

From a judge's perspective, no tattoos are best.

A small one on your hip or side delt probably won't
hurt your placing.

As has been mentioned earlier, anything bigger than small could very well effect your placing.

If Competitor A is identical to Competitor B, and Competitor A has some tats,
Competitor B will beat Competitor A 99.9% of the time.

That's an unwritten rule amongst NPC judges.

-MT

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity