over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

working with Shelby.

Banning someone because they didn't like shelby's work would do nothing but harm shelby.

If only good comments are allowed toward sponsors, then obviously no one is going to post something negative for fear of getting banned.

I disagree. Shelby didn't ban the guy. A mod did. Shelby has no power over that. And anyone that knows Shelby knows that he doesn't get involved with all the childish back and forths that go on, even if there's mention of him in the exchanges.

B-boy is a highly respected member with a huge following and has openly stated a few times that he left Shelby because he didn't agree with the direction they were going. Has it hurt Shelby's new client sign-ups? By the amount of interest constantly being shown by board members, I seriously doubt it.

You have to look at why a client wasn't happy
1) Did he follow the coaches plan to the T.
2) did he have unrealistic expectations.

I built specialized rifles that I guaranteed to meet an accuracy spec , a couple customers were not happy with their product because they could not drive it to its actual limits.
So is it right that I get a bad rap because somebody can't do their part??
Fuck no!!

I worked with a trainer and I did not meet the standards that some of his clients s meet but I did not follow his protocol to the T , for what was done I was happy with the results and I still consider him a friend.

If somebody was making a frivolous claim that they couldn't back up just as an attempt to slander a sponsor or any member for that matter I can understand a ban , but if the trainer truly failed to do his part then members should be made aware.
That said EVERYBODY ive talked to that has used Shelby has nothing but good things to say about him and and from what I have dealt with him I find it hard to believe that a client did their part and he didn't do his

I'm not sure what the ban was about, but if any client (past, present, or future) has an issue, or question for me, just let me know and we will work it out.

You promised me I would get taller and I'm still a midget!! haha

JM

Zomb is a freak one of the most dedicated .. Straight talking guys iv met like it or hate it he will tell you what he thinks .. Banning him was a bad move IMO ..

Big chef your strictly assuming so you don't lose face here man , zomb didn't deviate at all , I know the details here and I know zomb isn't Lazy or passing blame , I believe he just said he wasn't a fan of his style , to each their own ..... That's not disrespectful that's an opinion ... I tried to say it real nice in my previous post Zomb isn't one to deviate that guy is like a fucking robot .. Now your personally attacking him ?? C'mon man by your logic you should ban yourself for three days to cool off

zomb is a good competitor. not one with unrealistic expectations. dude can win any local show and beyond. I know he also had some shit with another trainer around here who name dropped and was kind of spaz. didnt really give what he was after. If he searched around and found someone else, & got that experience to compare to, the reference point he is coming from is an educated one that has a ton of truth to it. I would respect his opinion about his work with a trainer here because of the perspective he has. learning from others mistakes or others experiences is the only way I have ever gotten any better onstage.

zomb is a good competitor. not one with unrealistic expectations. dude can win any local show and beyond. I know he also had some shit with another trainer around here who name dropped and was kind of spaz. didnt really give what he was after. If he searched around and found someone else, & got that experience to compare to, the reference point he is coming from is an educated one that has a ton of truth to it. I would respect his opinion about his work with a trainer here because of the perspective he has. learning from others mistakes or others experiences is the only way I have ever gotten any better onstage.

zomb is honourable mab, he in better place now... anasci

I dont know how you guys do it I wouldnt be able to eat whatever someone tells me to eat , Im not built that way but to each his own

But this is the main reason these people are getting results with Shelby or any other trainer. Hiring someone makes you to stick with the diet to the dot and believe everything you have been told. This is the most important to believe what you do and stick to it no matter what. There might be better options, approaches to reach your goals, but if you do not believe it do not stick to it you will not get results, that is for sure! Your trainer could be wiser than you, know more than you, put you in best pissible direction but if you do not believe him, start doubting you will not get to your best, that is for sure! You can be wiser than your trainer, you can even know more than your trainer but if are doubting, not very sure about what you are doing you would end up a lot better with a help from someone who knows less than you, have less experience than you etc but who you woult believe and trust 100%. That being said IMO guys whose are not getting results with Shelby or any other trainer are not following them 100%. Shelby is one of the best in the world ar what he is doing, everyone could help top ifbb guys to get in good shape, but only very few can help to an ifbb pro and regular gym joe to get at their best shape of the life, no matter what their genetics or drug intake are. But lets be honest...baning someone who just do not liked, or believed to what he have been told without letting to explain is not very professional at all. And saying that you are not a fan of someone equals insulting someone?...

But this is the main reason these people are getting results with Shelby or any other trainer. Hiring someone makes you to stick with the diet to the dot and believe everything you have been told. This is the most important to believe what you do and stick to it no matter what. There might be better options, approaches to reach your goals, but if you do not believe it do not stick to it you will not get results, that is for sure! Your trainer could be wiser than you, know more than you, put you in best pissible direction but if you do not believe him, start doubting you will not get to your best, that is for sure! You can be wiser than your trainer, you can even know more than your trainer but if are doubting, not very sure about what you are doing you would end up a lot better with a help from someone who knows less than you, have less experience than you etc but who you woult believe and trust 100%. That being said IMO guys whose are not getting results with Shelby or any other trainer are not following them 100%. Shelby is one of the best in the world ar what he is doing, everyone could help top ifbb guys to get in good shape, but only very few can help to an ifbb pro and regular gym joe to get at their best shape of the life, no matter what their genetics or drug intake are. But lets be honest...baning someone who just do not liked, or believed to what he have been told without letting to explain is not very professional at all. And saying that you are not a fan of someone equals insulting someone?...

Fucking bang on. I do what shelby tells me to the letter even though some of it goes against my previous ideas. Reason being I look at his track record and absolutely belive 100% he will get me to my destination, and belive me he is. I question nothing her tells me to do but think about it so I understand his reasons. I'm payed for fat loss but seem to be getting a little free muscle growth into the bargain too. Definitely more of a recomp guy than an eat less cardio more guy. I look at stomach on weigh in day and think this is going to be s big Wight loss, weigh myself and like etgbu weigh the same ir lost s lb but tighten up every week

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The thing about Shelby is he just doesn't lay out every meal you have. He teaches you to measure out your food to match your macros. You figure out what food you will use for your meals. It gives you some freedom on what you eat and don't get burnt out so easy. I know it seems like beginner stuff but it definitely helped me pay attention on the amount I'm eating and I feel more comfortable planning my meals on my own now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The thing about Shelby is he just doesn't lay out every meal you have. He teaches you to measure out your food to match your macros. You figure out what food you will use for your meals. It gives you some freedom on what you eat and don't get burnt out so easy. I know it seems like beginner stuff but it definitely helped me pay attention on the amount I'm eating and I feel more comfortable planning my meals on my own now.

Thats what I love about it but not everyone is built that way and they need it laid out black and white for them, lol. But I love options and if I want to eat chicken 7 meals a day I can, or have steak or ground beef, etc. I love being able to chose my carbs and all that. Its perfect for me and my ever changing schedule with work and the kids and long days. It so much easier this way and you dont get bored of it and it seemed to stave off cravings for me. I swear the first few months I didnt deviate at all nor did I even desire to, it was weird.

If you ask him he will lay it out black and white for you too though, it's all about options with Shelby.

He wants you to succeed.

things going good..had a setback still think I can pull it off. either way loving the results.

Attachments

• lifting.jpg
    lifting.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 548
btw I'm not that big..high 160s here at 5'3ish. Aiming for lightweight.
here is a before pic...

Attachments

• iphone 056.jpg
    iphone 056.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
I'm going on vacation in about 4 weeks and 4 days. Which is what Shelby and I are working towards. Kinda like my "show date". I'll post some before and after pictures before I leave to show what we will have accomplished in 18 weeks.

I'm definitely not a mass monster by any means like some on here. But I'm already really lean and grainy 14 weeks in. In another 4 I should be as close to "show ready" as you would want to get if you're only getting lean to look good while on vacation. I was actually already about "4 weeks out" or so about 3-4 weeks ago which was putting me ahead of schedule so Shelby backed things off a bit and put the brakes on for a few weeks so that I'd be dialed in closer to my date of departure.

I think you guys will be pretty impressed with our results. But what else would you expect from another Shelby Starnes transformation thread?

The majority agrees that Shelby does good work with his clients.

He knows what he's doing for sure.

I don`t know Shelby in person never spoke with him, but I would definitely recommend him not just to armature bbrs but for some of the pros also.

I'm really considering hiring him

I'm trying to make the transition from powerlifting to Bbing. The mindset is a lot different than eat everything in sight and try to lift the heaviest weights possible

8 weeks in or there abouts with shelby and I'm the leanest I've ever been and gaining muscle. If I'm honest my cheat meals have been a little epic and probably more than he'd approve off but results still awesome and not used any fat burners other than been tea extract and 40mcg of clen last week. I've had a few gym people ask me if I'm prepping for show. Cardio not that high either and calories not low. I'm really looking forward to lean gaining with shelby as one always been quite good at getting lean then got impatient and bulked toov quick. Not this time though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Every single body is different. Beginning out in your bodybuilding life, the best research tool for learning is reading, mostly older, simpler books, and begin to learn some nutrition for free. Let's face it, since the beginning of time, the basic curl with proper form will begin to build your bicep, other than that, eventually you learn by feel how to hit different heads,or spots for different types of growth. I believe if you realistically want to and have what it takes/nutritionalist, Dorian Yates? I'm just saying, do your homework, and if you do go for it, don't expect any miracles, and please don't complain what you get out of it. These people teaching you started the same way, the same place you did at one time.

For those who have worked with Shelby , do you get a flexible diet you can substitute different food sources in? Or is it eating the same thing everyday ?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws