over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

yall feel like your chest in going to rip in half from dips

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
never did dips much just started to get into them and going heavy as always i can get up to about 125lb strapped for about 6 reps then theres to much pressure in the lower chest area. my dip machine has the 2 settings one narrower and one wider, i felt more compfortable with the wider setting, do any of yall get the pressure regardless of the narrow or wider setting

I sometimes do dips as a finisher for chest and to get ready for triceps. I like the narrow setting better for my purposes. I'll occasionally go wide and lean into the dip which hits chest a bit more, but I've never felt what you describe.

I never felt that either, but the heaviest I ever strapped to myself was 90 lbs. I would say go lighter weight and let your body adapt to the stress, maybe the connective tissues needs to be built up. Connective tissues grows slower than muscle and takes awhile to build up. If youre not carefel who knows what might happen, you might tear something. Go higher rep for awhile, go as light as it takes to feel no pain.

I go pretty heavy on dips and I have felt what you describe several times.

I recommend you warm-up extensively before moving in to heavy sets. Not only your chest but shoulders and elbows as well.

The shape of the bars you are using can also come into play here, I switched from the traditional "U" shaped dip bars to the "V" shaped ones, never had this problem again.

Also, are you dipping for tris or chest ? Positioning here is the key, you might be trying to stay too upright or leaning too little/too much forward, both which will cause the feeling you describe.

This actually happened to me not long ago. I was dipping 135 and on the 3rd rep I heard a tearing like sound on my right pec. The muscle didnt tear or anything but I haven't been able to dips since and if I do any pressing I feel pain if I go to heavy.

I got up to 90 pounds + body weight at one time and I felt like my shoulders were gonna rip off. Benching over 250 gives me the same feeling on the negative.

You're either a torso dominant pusher or you've got some scarred up tissue on those sternal pecs... or both.

how far are you going down? thats what i would think is tha problem

There is an injury related to doing heavy chest exercises that involves separation of the cartilage between the pectorals, be careful.

There is an injury related to doing heavy chest exercises that involves separation of the cartilage between the pectorals, be careful.

Yep....... I go real slow. Sometimes I cant go as deep as other times.

Severe shoulder strain and partial tear in my right pec from pec minor and pec major dips during Creeping Death, put me out for over a month

Is that why sometimes cracking is felt similar to joint, between the chest?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws