over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your Best Bicep Peak Exercises

bigguns078

Registered
Im looking to get some more height/peak on my bi's.. I need 3 exercises to put into my workout rotation.. Looking for some feedback.. I've found the exercises that most mimic a bicep flex, work the best.. Meaning you get an intense squeeze in the muscle at the peak contraction. This is what i've come up with..

1. Spider Curls
2. Low cable curls.. (elbows on knees)
3. One arm d-bell curls on preacher bench

IMO if your only talking about peak, I would throw in standing cable curls with shorter motion (kinda like a pumping motion) as to only hit the bi at the height of the flex.

Generally I find the amount of reps (being higher, like 15-20) plus range of motion being shorter and not over training them does more for peak than the different movements, but that's just me.

I will give another area of thought dealing with the contraction itself. I found that really squeezing at the top, to the point of creating that muscle burning sensation we all love, when your bicep has peaked and fully contracted, really forces blood into the muscle. I know that having a "pump" doesn't equal growth but I feel some people short change themselves by making it to the top then immediately beginning to returning to the bottom. I don't mean to stop at the top and release the load at all, I am thinking more along the lines of performing this on a preacher curl where there is continuous tension as you are slightly bent over as well, not with a standing curl that the load is dumped when at the top of the motion. Just my 2c.

just a thought

Im looking to get some more height/peak on my bi's.. I need 3 exercises to put into my workout rotation.. Looking for some feedback.. I've found the exercises that most mimic a bicep flex, work the best.. Meaning you get an intense squeeze in the muscle at the peak contraction. This is what i've come up with..

1. Spider Curls

Would one of these work much better if you just did a limited range of motion while training. Say, a type of melt down just doing reps at the peek of the range. Kinda 30% of the range but only at the part where your bi is peeking?

I'm just guessing. I have no bis,tris,legs,abs,calves,chest of my own.

The shape of your bicep is predetermined by genetics. You can make it bigger but there really isnt much you can do to increase the peak.

Spider curls

1. Spider Curls

Totally agree... spider curls are GREAT. I'm too much of a wimp to do them enough tho :)

IMO if your only talking about peak, I would throw in standing cable curls with shorter motion (kinda like a pumping motion) as to only hit the bi at the height of the flex.

Generally I find the amount of reps (being higher, like 15-20) plus range of motion being shorter and not over training them does more for peak than the different movements, but that's just me.

I was contemplating this also.. But with the ezbar and freeweights.. I generally stop about 1/4 the way from full extension when coming down with the weight.. I feel the bottom 1/4 of the rep is only taxing my forearms..

I will give another area of thought dealing with the contraction itself. I found that really squeezing at the top, to the point of creating that muscle burning sensation we all love, when your bicep has peaked and fully contracted, really forces blood into the muscle. I know that having a "pump" doesn't equal growth but I feel some people short change themselves by making it to the top then immediately beginning to returning to the bottom. I don't mean to stop at the top and release the load at all, I am thinking more along the lines of performing this on a preacher curl where there is continuous tension as you are slightly bent over as well, not with a standing curl that the load is dumped when at the top of the motion. Just my 2c.

I agree totally with what i highlighted.. I try to flex/squeeze at the top for a second before coming down.. The contraction is killer by the end of the set.. Something i wish i could get with every bodypart..

Would one of these work much better if you just did a limited range of motion while training. Say, a type of melt down just doing reps at the peek of the range. Kinda 30% of the range but only at the part where your bi is peeking?

I'm just guessing. I have no bis,tris,legs,abs,calves,chest of my own.

I was also thinking limited range of motion.. But then i would increase my weights because i would be doing less total work and could handle heavier poundages.. which over time would spurt new growth..

Ifind single arm dumbell preacher curls work welll for concentrating on my bi's and getting a better peak. U can reall notice whenu stop doing them the difference it makes :)

I apparently got one bicep from my mother and the other from my father as my right bicep has a much better peak than the left.

This leads me to wonder quite regularily whether I can't improve the shape of the left bicep through exercise or whether there is an element of nervous system in the contraction.

Alternately high lats and asymmetry in biceps may just be my fate.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131