advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your thoughts on having fruit within a bodybuilding diet?

i probley eat 2 OR MORE pounds of fruit a day

just sayin

:cool:

Fruits and vegetables are a must IMO pineapple and water melon before or after my workouts along with my shakes and meats are a must, I love some fruit with my egg whites in the morning! Pineapple and watermelon are just my favorites followed by oranges and any thing and everything I have stocked

Well i do fish (COD)/protien shakes for my protien and for carbs oatmeal,cous cous and apples, banana's, broccoli,brussell sprouts... post work out i do protien shake/with tablespoon of maltodextrin (from TP)..I also eat a serving of almonds daily...
I take universal's omega pak with multiple fish oils...i guess you could say i'm on a extremely low fat diet... 10%BF no cardio....

. post work out i do protien shake/with tablespoon of maltodextrin (from TP)..I also eat a serving of almonds daily...

I changed out my post workout shake for a small meal
half cup of white rice , teaspoon natural honey and 6oz Tilapia , ive found im far more hungry when my next meal rolls around and my muscles feel fuller too.
I find pineapplke to be my weekness , i have to portion it out or i'll binge and over eat it!!

For you guys that are using just fruits and veggies for your carbs. What fruits are you eating?

I changed out my post workout shake for a small meal
half cup of white rice , teaspoon natural honey and 6oz Tilapia , ive found im far more hungry when my next meal rolls around and my muscles feel fuller too.
I find pineapplke to be my weekness , i have to portion it out or i'll binge and over eat it!!

Haha I feel u on the weakness part love me some pineapple, and I like that post work out nutrition minus the tilapia cuz I can't eat that nasty panfish lol I m try that out wit salmon. I'm also addicted to insu pro orange post workout or even during workouts if i need the extra boost.

For you guys that are using just fruits and veggies for your carbs. What fruits are you eating?

Pineapple , watermelon, oranges, grapes, kiwis, bananas, mangos,everything. Veggies broccoli, peas,asparagus, peppers, tomatoes, purple colllflower, okra, everything. You need to moderate based on what our goals are thou, like gun smith said post workout white rice is better than brown.

mostly pineapple , green apples , strawberries and blueberries

but I've been adding in stuff like bananas , kiwi , papaya , satsumas , I have some watermelon and cantaloupe growing now , so those will be in the mix. I've been on a raisen and dried cranberry kick lately too

I've also started adding some beans into my diet with carb meals haven't realy seen any body changes but helps break up the monotony

as for veggies , mostly broccoli , spinach , asparagus , bellpeppers , green beans and snacking on celery

wateremelon, cantolope, all berries, pineapple
apples (pink ladies or honey crisp) bananas.
grapes,

in that order

I keep my fruit to around workout times as well to curb craving I will have a small piece of extra dark chocolate, or if I am still not full after meals I have a small piece of extra sharp cheese ..There was a study done by a DR. At I believe duke that found The fats in it will send a message to the brain that you are full ... a lot of places in France will serve cheese for desert for that reason

wateremelon, cantolope, all berries, pineapple
apples (pink ladies or honey crisp) bananas.
grapes,

in that order

Both my fav!!!

IMO fruits are better than processed sugar.

For me Pro Pudding by Bodytech is my go to dessert. 25 grams of pretty clean protein and it kills the cravings.

If that doesn't work I just crush about 15 Nutter Butters with a tall glass of chocolate milk (seriously though, dont do that)

Guys, I just wanted to take a sec and say thanks for this post and replies, it is just what I needed to help me plan out my diet.

Guys, I just wanted to take a sec and say thanks for this post and replies, it is just what I needed to help me plan out my diet.

Dont forget to check back in with your results please
How you feel , how you look , what changes you made and so on

Just bumping to say 1) Honey crisp and Granny Smith apples are amazing and 2) Notice any differences OP?

Yes would also like to hear back ... on how they OP feels looks since incorporating fruit... I have yet to add any to my regiment My body loves white rice

Has anyone looked into the Paleo style of eating low carb? It allows for fruit. For example, any fruit that has the word "berry" is considered low carb because of its low glycimic index. But starchy carbs such as rice and potatoes considered to have too many carbs.

Check out marksdailyapple.com and the whole9.com.

Has anyone looked into the Paleo style of eating low carb? It allows for fruit. For example, any fruit that has the word "berry" is considered low carb because of its low glycimic index. But starchy carbs such as rice and potatoes considered to have too many carbs.

Check out marksdailyapple.com and the whole9.com.

Refer back to post #7 on first page and click that link , the whole glycemic index and load is pointless as it can be highly adjusted and scewer with ajust a little bit of added fat.

If you body doesnt process grains well then fruit is a good option , brown rice and oats bloat me and dont digest well , i can eat alot more carbs via fruit and yams and get leaner doing so because my body processes them well

I follow the Paleo method of eating and fruit is allowed. I get nice results. If I want to really get lean, I restrict my fruit consumption to one serving a day. I mainly consume the lower carb fruits such as those in the "berry" family. It really is a great way to avoid eating junk. As a matter of fact, I treat fruit as my "junk" food because it is so good.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws