over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Zip up, non hoodie, light weight jacket recommendations

Pheedno

Registered
Does anyone have recommendations for this? I've had Hylete in the past that were OK. I keep my gym cold so when I'm training clients I wear a pullover over zip up to insulate a bit. I've gone through a couple that just don't fit right. Looking for a form fitting style that isn't shrink wrap.

I wear the below North Face in an XL and fucking love it. It's like a light shell. I can wear it with a t-shirt underneath on a hike when it's 50 degrees or even layer it when its 20 degrees.

both of those are great. thank you

North face and Columbia make really great lightweight jackets like you’re describing.

I have been loyal to KUIU clothing for my outdoor pursuits . KUIU is direct with no middleman and their lineup features very high quality clothing you can count on.
Note: SOLID colors are available in most jacket lines. Light weight and excellent quality but not for everyone's wallet.

Below are some jackets I own and report they are quite stylish for daily wear. I have plenty of KUIU's camo for hunting purposes which serve me very well.

KUIU is athletic fit....I find sizes are true but I typically size up for a loose fit.

That Peloton looks exactly what I'm going for. Excellent

The good thing about the North Face microfleece jackets is that they're fairly stylish but also a true piece of gear. Throw on a decent outer shell and you have your whole 3-layer system—synthetic fiber T, fleece jacket and light outer shell will keep you warm far below freezing temps. But still light enough to wear for a quick trip to the gym or store, too. The Denali by North Face is the gold standard (I bought 2 on sale and they've lasted me 25 years). But the Tsillan full zip is lighter and a little more urban than alpine. You might like that one better. I'm getting one today, they still have 2 x 3XLs in stock. Plus this is the best time of year to buy winter/cold wear because they're practically giving it away. Left Tsillan, Right Denali. (Wide range of colors of each)

Screenshot_20230422-111502_DuckDuckGo.jpg Screenshot_20230422-111808_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I've had an arcteryx atom forever. Available in hoodie and non. Breaths so you can deal with a range of temps or getting more active. Super light weight and balls up small for travel/stowing. Thin and not big puffy which is what I think you want.

They have standard line and leaf (leo and mil) but very similar so just compare pricing and colors you want.

Arc'teryx is like the Rolls Royce of outdoor gear. The Atom is a nice jacket. But when I hold up an Arc'teryx and North Face similar designs side by side and Arc is $240 and NF is $100, my cheapness wins out. Actually not really cheapness, just value (dollar per dollar). Both companies make superb gear. Can't go wrong either way. The opposite can be true comparing my Charlet Mosers to say, Petzyl crampons. Both are good but the Charlet Mosers are just the Rolls of kicking in to big ice. I've sharpened them so many times and they just don't give up. So it can go either way if the value is there.

Arc'teryx is like the Rolls Royce of outdoor gear. The Atom is a nice jacket. But when I hold up an Arc'teryx and North Face similar designs side by side and Arc is $240 and NF is $100, my cheapness wins out. Actually not really cheapness, just value (dollar per dollar). Both companies make superb gear. Can't go wrong either way. The opposite can be true comparing my Charlet Mosers to say, Petzyl crampons. Both are good but the Charlet Mosers are just the Rolls of kicking in to big ice. I've sharpened them so many times and they just don't give up. So it can go either way if the value is there.

Going to check out your North Face recommendations. I've owned 3 Atoms over a lot of years now. Current one has a hood and I wouldn't mind a comparable as a second jacket option without. If I can save some $ on name and seasonality so much the better too.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner