advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any prison guards/corrections officers here?

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
how do you like it, has it been good to you? looking into this, need to take the damn civil service test first though :banghead:

My brother works in a federal prison has been stabbed over 7 times in the last 5 years.
Story's he has a million.

Find another trade that pays well like Instrumentation or something. Trust me you'll thank me later.

Nearly all correctional officers suffer from PTSD and die young. GL with that profession even if it pays pretty well.

Correctional Officers (CO’s) have the second highest mortality rate of any occupation.

33.5% of all assaults in prisons and jails are committed by inmates against staff.
A CO’s 58th birthday, on average, is their last.

A CO will be seriously assaulted at least twice in a 20 year career.

On average a CO will live only 18 months after retirement.

CO’s have a 39% higher suicide rate than any other occupation,

And have a higher divorce and substance abuse rates then the general population.

Last edited:
From a guard I use to know.

For 8 hours a day you worry about staying within regulations and procedures to ensure you and your fellow officers are safe.

For 24 hours a day they think about how they can fuck that up for you.

Over the course of a week you put in 40 hours, they put in 168. Eventually they will think of something you havent.

I knew a couple and for the money IMO I'd find a different trade for sure. Getting Feces tossed on you regularly is not my thing. Plus, in this state for 35k a year, there are many other jobs working for the state/ Gov't that are way better. Again, not trying to rain on your parade, just my opinion.

My brother works at BOP Big Sandy in KY and if i am correct is always ranked in the the top 5 most dangerous places ,last week a new officer 23 years old 5ft 2 100lbs was pushed down the steps and beaten half to death.
What can they do to them they already have life there.
They even threaten the officers so they will get heroin in the prison that was 6 months ago when they found it on the officer.
You have to be a little crazy to do this for a living ,now low security or camps are the way to go if that is what you want to do.

The federal prisons start out at $40k to 60 some k a year,if it is what you want to do go for it brother..............
If you would like to talk to my brother either through me or to him yourself i would be glad to help you out.

Worked 10yrs as a prison guard at Sing sing cf before I left to go into business for myself. My friend I wouldn't recommend that job to my worst enemy.

I hired 3 CO in a company I used to own. They couldnt get work because the had multiple assault charges. It can really mess with how you relate to people and conflict.

there are plenty of other jobs out there that pay the same. Looks in to mail, Fedex, ups.

Last edited:
Here's a short list what goes on behind the walls.
Riots
Stabbings
Murder
Assaults on staff and others
Rape
Drugs and weapons you name it
Guards sleeping with inmates getting them pregnant
Suicides
Self mutilation
10yrs at Sing Sing I seen it and experienced it all at some point.

seems like a depressing environment to me.
-JS

Can be great money in some places but you have to decide what is more important, money or your happiness. I know a few and they are all miserable.

why would you want this job?

I have a good friend that did it and hated what it turned him into.

well lol...

didnt think it was that bad! id probably look to get into a county jail at first. im from south jersey, but yes i realize crime is worldwide. thought it sounded better than being a cop, shit maybe not tho lol

There is a lot of bad that happens inside, but don't let these guys dissuade you if it's actually something you want to do. It's a good job.

My Dad worked corrections in supermax/Death row for almost 15 years. He witnessed many people killed and was involved in multiple riots and was beaten to inches of his life several times. If you spend that many hours of your day with crazy people it takes it's toll on you mentally no matter how strong you may be.

I worked Juvenile corrections for 2.5 years and I witnessed kids killing themselves and I've known many juvenile corrections officers commit suicide due to the stress. It's a tough field to work in but the pay is pretty good and there is a lot of overtime to be had.

If this is a dream of yours, definitely don't give up. There are pro's and cons (pun intended) to any job or career path.

Hey stang in NJ you can make a great money at county jail. 100k plus after OT if you feel like working almost every day. That's a fact. Some people here won't believe me but just go search NJ.com articles. They posted these guys take home pay. i know a couple of COs in union county who arent that happy with their career but they have good pay and bennys.only problem is after 25 years you just completed a 15 year sentence. That's not for me. Like other posters mentioned your at the will of those animals. If they want you they ll get you

A lot of the cops I know have negative attitudes. I can just imagine how negative a co would be.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131