over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You're Missing The Boat On.....

Deansreturned

Registered
This is a thread where people post a quick tip that they're implementing within their training, diet, etc. that others may be "missing the boat on."

The rule of the thread is to not discuss any specific points that other's have posted, if you have a point that you'd like to discuss in further detail, start anther thread (to prevent this one from diverting off.)

Posts don't have to be earth shattering tips because there are plenty of things all of us have learned then forgotten but let's try to not post things like "do AM fasted cardio" as this is an advanced board.

By doing this hopefully within a few weeks this thread is filled with a ton of valuable quick pointers.

First Tip: Getting a blood test done when starting to train again to insure levels are within range.

1000mg of Calcium Citrate for crazy pumps during training.

Guys look into (add to your diets) Organic cold pressed Argan Oil, Chia Seeds and Black Rice.

Don't know what the other 2 are, but I like black rice.

Copied and pasted...

There are many claimed benefits of Argan oil, it's nutritional profile includes:

- High Tocopherol content (Vitamin E) - strong anti-oxidant and free radical scavenging properties, shown to prevent and treat chronic disease including cancer and cardiovascular disease, arthritis and skin damage. Also shown to fight the development of diabete.

- Sterols -shown to lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol

- Omega 3 fatty acids - good for brain function, development growth and shown to reduce risk of heart disease among many other things

- Ferulic acid - acts as a barrier against the damaging effects of sunlight

- Polyphenols - shown to be anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-septic and anti-allergic

- Carotenoids - antioxidants that protect from free radicals to protect skin against sunlight and act as a barrier against arthritis amongst other things.

Chia seeds contain a wide range of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. These include Calcium - Iron - Magnesium - Phosphorus - Potassium - Iodine - Zink - Selenium - Manganese - Vitamins A - C - D - E - K - B1 - B2 - B6 - B12 - Niacin - Folate - Biotin - Quercetin - and more. It has been reported that orac value (antioxidant strength) for chia is higher than many berries and chocolate at a score of 10,250. Blueberries score is 8708 for comparison.

Chia seeds are also high in protein. However not all proteins are equal. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Of the amino acids found in proteins, some can be made by the body while others are essential in the diet. Chia contains all 8 essential amino acids along with the non essential acids.

Nutrition per 100g:

Energy 2194kJ/524kcal, Protein (g) 21.2, Carbohydrates (g) 37.5, Of Which Total Dietary Fibre (g) 33.7, Soluble (g) 4, Insoluble (g) 29.7, Total Fat (g) 31.4, Of Which Saturates (g) 3.2, Mono-Unsaturates (g) 1.2, Polyunsaturates (g) 26.3, Of Which Omega-3 (ALA) (g) 20.4

I feel too many people are missing the boat on how or why they make changes... Someone might have a great training program going but decides to start leaning out more and reducing kcals and says, "I'm going to change my training now too JUST BECAUSE I am cutting..."

If a training program works for you, it is going to to continue to work, albeit you may not be making the giant leaps in strength or size, but that program that you've found your niche in will allow you to retain you muscle while dieting as long as your nutrition around training is appropriate.

If, as you progress forward in your diet and you cannot recover, then you have a REASON to change, in which case you reduce the number of sets or reps or frequency or intensity. I guess what I am getting at is, have purpose for all you do and have a reason to support why you are doing such. Don't just change for the hell of it.

As they say, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and dance with the one who brought ya..

Red palm oil...1-2tbsp a day. Has been proven to reduce plaque buildup in the arteries. Shelby has mentioned this before

Uncomplicating the bodybuilding equation.

With all the info, chemicals, supplements, theories, and protocols; you can very quickly lose yourself in a labyrinth of details. All the while missing the important fundamentals which always work.
Letting yourself get caught up in believing that the aforementioned are the core of your bodybuilding results.

Keep it simple, reel it in, and always return to the basics when things get overwhelmingly confusing.

Remember there was a time we all made gains with workouts and food-nothing else.

Monitor ur blood sugar... Insulin sensitivity is key but often overlooked

This thread has some serious potential... Great idea, Deansreturned!!! :cool:

Monitor ur blood sugar... Insulin sensitivity is key but often overlooked

Very good point, I almost posted something about that myself. Huge role.
Manipulating insulin sensitivity is a key point in making lean gains.
Creating the environment that mimicks post show gains.

KEEPING IT SIMPLE

worry about things AFTER you have actually followed a STRICT diet and exercise routine. these guys that jump from one routine to the next or one diet to the next or one coach to the next or even one macro to the next too fast are really missing the whole fucking point of EXPEIRENCE in this sport.
ie, do a diet all out to a T. don't second guess it, don't try to re-invent it. shut the fuck up and do as it say or as trainer says. how else will you learn what works n what doesn't for YOU?
long story short: don't chase your tail. hire someone wiser than your self with more experience than yourself and do what they say. if you don't like result then hjire someone else next time.
sorry for rant. had some drinks...
-JS

If you could recommend a brand, that would be really great!

I use this one myself

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FZMEGO4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1399255547&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40#immersive_view?1399255822879"]100% Cert Organic Virgin Red Palm Oil 16 fl oz (473 ml) Liquid:Amazon:Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31PleZtP80L.@@AMEPARAM@@31PleZtP80L[/ame]

5g leucine before every meal

As hard as it may be, when you change or add something you have never tried before. Diet, drugs, exercise techniques, Or whatever...try one thing at a time. If you kitchen sink your body building, and actually get results....you won't know why.

LOG EVERYTHING/KEEP TRACK.

I know it's meticulous and rather boring and easy to not do but it makes a huge difference.Try to at least log your training and then log your food or vice versa. Hell even log your measurements ( arms, waist , chest, weight, rough bodyfat % guess etc)! Same thing with diets , low carb, high carb , low fat , high fat etc. For me I know what works and what doesn't work, sometimes it even changes. Lately I've been super high carb, moderate protein, and low low fat for dieting and I love it!

I was always telling myself I knew mentally how much volume, intensity, and effort I was giving myself but honestly when I look back at it and still to this day track my training I know I was only kidding myself.

Log sets, reps, rest times ( sometimes I take 30 seconds , sometimes I take 2 mins, it's a HUGE difference), TUT ( if your really focusing on the negative , or really just focusing on the positive etc).

This makes a huge difference and makes the gym a bit of a challenge of always beating the last workout. It seems like 90% of the people in my gym never progress and look the same or maybe add a measly 5-10lbs to their current lifts per year.. I guarantee if they tracked it all this wouldn't be a problem , unless your really too stupid and purposely don't want to challenge yourself and just come off as a idiot logging the same stats everyyyyday .

This is also a big thing for naturals or guys cruising/ on pct, you need to fight for those gains ! If you're on the cycle I mean it shouldn't be too hard to know your beating your last session but when cruising or natural you're not always going to all of a sudden have major increases each week. You might only get 1 or 2 extra reps, whereas on cycle you can get out another 3-6 reps or + 10 lbs instead of 2.5-5 lbs.

Last edited:
Liking this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valerian root, for some nice sleep

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I believe many forget this fact...you want to maintain healthy, and properly functioning kidneys, make sure to keep your blood pressure in check. Nothing will keep your kidneys in better shape, than keeping your BP at proper levels. I know many things we use can really raise our BP, so for us its imperative we always keep an eye on it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131