over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Benefits of Giving Blood.

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It has been shown that giving blood every 3 months helps to clense the body. Gets rid of bound iron and some old red cells.
RBC's live for 4 months after they are produced.
I give blood once every 54 days religously unless I am on which I haven't been for over a year now. But recently discovered at the Red Cross that won't be a problem because I can privately identify that my blood shouldn't be used after donation after my last red cross visit. They had an anonymous option on a form, a sticker that can't be traced back to your or your blood.
This is done in private on a form that allows one to let them know your blood may be no good for use. That sticker has a code on it that when they scan the code it says "use" or "discard" You are left in private to do this so no one knows what option you chose.
This was done because many blood drives ar at work and people feel obligated to donate cause they think of department or company morale and etc.
So if you don't want your blood used they will dump it later on going by the sticker and ETC.
So when I return to the hormones for anti-aging or bb'ing I will continue to donate.

"Evidence suggests that giving blood has health benefits

(WebMD) -- At a time when blood banks report dangerously low supplies, the best argument for rolling up your sleeve is still to do someone else some good. But if University of Florida researcher Jerome Sullivan, M.D., is right -- and there's new evidence to suggest he is -- giving blood could also save your life.

Here's why. Each time you give blood, you remove some of the iron it contains. High blood iron levels, Sullivan believes, can increase the risk of heart disease. Iron has been shown to speed the oxidation of cholesterol, a process thought to increase the damage to arteries that ultimately leads to cardiovascular disease.

Sullivan has long suspected that blood iron levels help explain why a man's risk of heart disease begins earlier than a woman's. Women lose blood -- and lower their iron levels -- each time they menstruate. Men, on the other hand, begin storing iron in body tissues starting in their twenties, which is just about the time their heart attack danger begins to climb.

According to Victor Herbert, M.D., a hematologist at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, there are normally about 1,000 milligrams of iron "stored" in the average adult man's body but only about 300 milligrams in a premenopausal woman's. Once women stop menstruating, however, their iron levels -- and their heart disease risk -- begin to climb, eventually matching that of men.

Not everyone's convinced by Sullivan's notion. "I do not believe there is proof of an association between iron level and the risk of heart disease in men with normal iron metabolism," says Peter Tomasulo, M.D., a director at the International Federation of Red Cross Societies. "The data is preliminary at best." Most scientists, in fact, still think estrogen is probably the most important reason why women are protected from heart disease until they reach menopause.

But several recent findings lend support to the possibility that iron levels play a role. In research reported last year in the journal Circulation, Swedish scientists found that men with a genetic abnormality that causes slightly elevated blood iron levels had a 2.3-fold increase in heart attack risk. A second study published in the same journal found that women with the abnormal gene were also at greater risk of cardiovascular disease. Together, Sullivan believes, those studies offer new support for his iron hypothesis.

Proof won't come until researchers conduct large and well-controlled studies that compare the heart disease risk of men who regularly give blood with that of men who don't. Already several small studies have been done, however, offering tantalizing evidence that donating blood might be a very good idea.

Take, for example, a study of 2,682 men in Finland reported in the September 1998 issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology. Men who donated blood at least once a year had an 88 percent lower risk of heart attacks than nondonors. Another study published in the August 1997 issue of Heart found that men who donated blood were less likely than nondonors to show signs of cardiovascular disease.

Critics are quick to point out that people who donate blood may simply be healthier to start with. Yet a 1995 study published in the Journal of Internal Medicine found that the use of bleeding to lower iron levels in a group of 14 patients did reduce cholesterol oxidation. It's another small piece of evidence in support of the benefits of donating blood. By now, Sullivan insists, "there is abundant evidence that favors a public health recommendation to lower iron stores." What's more, he says, there is no risk to a healthy person donating blood, and potentially significant benefit.

Blood banks, for their part, have been a bit squeamish about any motivation for donations other than altruism, even though there's a dire shortage in the blood supply. Self-interest has tainted the blood supply before: Thirty years ago when blood banks paid for blood, some donors would lie about their medical histories so they'd get the money. "People who had a self-interest in donating blood were more likely to have hepatitis and other diseases," Sullivan says.

Today, however, blood is carefully screened for all known blood-borne diseases. And while many doctors aren't yet convinced by Sullivan's iron hypothesis, they all agree on the wisdom and compassion of giving blood. "With all the precautions blood banks take," says Herbert. "There is virtually no risk to donating blood."

This is something I think more BB'ers should do-especially those that juice and choose that "Don't use" option as androgenic and anabolic AAS raise hematocrit (RBC mass) leading to a thicker blood with a higher iron content.
As the pathway is androgens stimulate the kidneys to produce EPO, which in turn stimulates the Bone marrow to produce RBC's and there isn't a set point or negative feedback mechanism to shut it down. Drugs like Test Deca Drol etc will do this quite well. Also new RBC's will live for 4 months so even when guys come off they still have the residual mass from the last cycle and will build more on the next sometimes compounding the problem quite heavily.
This is generally referred to as Steroid Induced Polycythemia.

Anyhoo give blood when you can it can help keep you healthier in the long term and tha's what we all are after.

Massive G said:
This is something I think more BB'ers should do-especially those that juice and choose that "Don't use" option as androgenic and anabolic AAS raise hematocrit (RBC mass) leading to a thicker blood with a higher iron content.
As the pathway is androgens stimulate the kidneys to produce EPO, which in turn stimulates the Bone marrow to produce RBC's and there isn't a set point or negative feedback mechanism to shut it down. Drugs like Test Deca Drol etc will do this quite well. Also new RBC's will live for 4 months so even when guys come off they still have the residual mass from the last cycle and will build more on the next sometimes compounding the problem quite heavily.
This is generally referred to as Steroid Induced Polycythemia.
Is this the reason you select "Don't choose"? Couldn't they figure this out by checking the blood before they use it? So is your blood really not suitable for use in another when you're on gear?

"Steroid Induced Polycythemia".........My doc knows I juice and for the last year he has had me donating blood once a month to keep red blood cells in check and prevent platelet clumping.

xcelbeyond said:
Is this the reason you select "Don't choose"? Couldn't they figure this out by checking the blood before they use it? So is your blood really not suitable for use in another when you're on gear?
Well they won't test it for AAS etc...I just never thoguht it were ehtical to give doped blood for use, considering it may go to kids and well anyway the blood prolly isn't bad....some interesting theories on Lymes disease blood donation and etc.
There are some out there that think a lot of things are passed in blood from other people infected with diseases etc that they may not be aware of parasites, etc.

Isn't one of the questions on the form "Do you use or have you ever used anabolic steroids?"
I believe a yes to this question will rule your blood out for donor purposes.

Not sure I'll look next time...I know illegal and injectable are on there (term wise) not sure if AAS are. But if it is and youanswer truthfully not usre ifthey would allow you to donate-take time to remove the blood and trash it later.

They ask me if I use IV drugs............They have been enjoying my juiced up blood for 5 years..........Even my doc says all healthy juicers should donate because blood so rich can help save a life or two.

Blood Donation/Red Cross

I worked for the Red Cross in a past life... there is a question about steroid use as well as hgh use on the questionairre, if you answer it honestly you wouldn't get the chance to donate your blood. If you do not answer honestly, then you can donate but they do give you the private option of not having your blood used by placing a sticker on the bag. IF the blood is donated and will be in circulation they do check it but it is turned around rather quickly - usually within 3 days because the demand exceeds the supply. If your liver enzymes are off you would receive a letter from the ARC telling you you can no longer donate.

It does offer health benefits to donate blood, however truthfully, an influx of people "donating" selfishly would not be of benefit to the patient who is awaiting their transfusion or chemotherapy. I have rec'd a couple of transfusions in the past. I know from experience that the Red Cross is understaffed and overworked and I simply don't think its worth it to go that route.

My recommendation is find another way to bleed!

Just find a for profit blood center. I am NOT talking about the places that pay you for your blood, that is something different. Some states have them some do not. I used to always think they were non profit the way they advertise on the radio that they are in desperate need of blood donations.

Found out one place makes literally MILLIONS a year on donated blood by selling it. I hate these fuckers because it turns out most if not all of the people who donate never knew the place was making money.

So if you are going to donate and have them use it go to the red cross. If you are giving blood to get the iron out go to one of the scam blood centers. ;)

CROWLER

bump

**broken link removed**

bump again as I see this is asked often....

if you guys are that paranoid, and they ask, just tell them you are on propecia/proscar, that will cause them to flag your blood anyway :)

bump for those who didn't see this...a good practice to get into...

Doc gives me a yearly script for monthly Therapuetic blood draws at the local alliance blood bank. free and easy.

They ask me if I use IV drugs............They have been enjoying my juiced up blood for 5 years..........Even my doc says all healthy juicers should donate because blood so rich can help save a life or two.

So you give away free gear with your blood. The recivers can not ask for more. You are a generous man :D

It's like changing the oil in the car!!! It also saves lives... Good practice all the way around! Nice thread bro.

I just donated a couple hours ago. Can I expect my BP to go down a little bit?

Giving blood is a win - win situation.

If myself or a loved one are laying in the emergency room one day in need of blood... Well, you get where I'm going with this. :lightbulb:

-Pack

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner