over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting belt during all lifts?

spartan995

Banned
Hey, I'm curious what everyone thinks about using or not using a belt for all lifts? I've seen and heard things going both ways..thoughts n opinions?

The only people I see doing this are over weight gym rats who use them to hold In their big ass guts. Zero need for it.

I always thought it weakened your core and subsequently your back. Your abs and core strength should be the only belt you need for most lifts. (I'm not talking really heavy deads or squats)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never wear belt when squatting or benching. I just tighten that bit and fold my shoulder blades.

I only use it during heavy back and squats to help protect an umbilical hernia.

Same, I only use a belt for the heavy sets on legs and back day. Zero need for it on other lifts. Some people think it will keep your waist from growing, sorry doesn't work.

Same, I only use a belt for the heavy sets on legs and back day. Zero need for it on other lifts. Some people think it will keep your waist from growing, sorry doesn't work.

Agreed. Only on these lifts for me: squats, bentover rows, stiff leg deads, cable rows.

Better safe than sorry. For those older or have lower back issues I don't see why not.

I only use the belt for back day and leg day and even then only certain exercises. I believe that it's important to use the belt for exercises that really activate your lower back and have a higher chance to strain. I also believe that on exercises that don't quite activate the lower back nearly as much, should be done without a belt in order to keep the entire core strong.

...Or you could be like the young guy at my gym who wears matching workout outfits and a big leather lfiting belt...any ONLY walks on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then leaves everyday. UGH :banghead:

Better safe than sorry. For those older or have lower back issues I don't see why not.

Id say if you have an injured lower back already or bad damage down there then yeah.

I use it for heavy pressing once in a while. I don't understand why you'd need it for menial accessory work tho.

I only use one during squats, and then only when I get above a certain weight. I feel that not using one makes me pay extra attention to my form and strengthens my core. But I typically use one once I go over 225 as I'm usually increasing weight by 40-50 lb increments for the next few sets.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'll use it on heavy chest days. Bench and heavier weights puts a lot of pressure on my lower back

...Or you could be like the young guy at my gym who wears matching workout outfits and a big leather lfiting belt...any ONLY walks on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then leaves everyday. UGH :banghead:

Lol such a hater bro
Miss your posts at the other place.

Hey, I'm curious what everyone thinks about using or not using a belt for all lifts? I've seen and heard things going both ways..thoughts n opinions?

20+ years of training for me and I have never used one more than to just try a few times. I see no need in it for me and my training.

Never used one, never needed to, never had an injury to my lower back or core area in 25 years of bodybuilding. UNNECESSARY

Our college football strength coach said they were of no benefit and I haven't worn one in....sheesh....30 years now.

unless you're powerlifting going for some crazy weight, you don't need it. I tried it dieting a while back to see if it kept my abdominal more sunken in during the day but I got annoying when wearing it. Just felt it looked bad if you're wearing not during a heavy squat or deadlift.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws