over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Muscle Genes DNA testing results

devenidas

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hello all

so finally after getting my wife DNA gene testing last year and implementing some of the changes it suggested into her regimen i saw very good improvements ( i was actually surprised) so i very recently got mine tested too.

I am going to share here with Promuscle. Any feedback is welcome. Hopefully others can see what this entails if they are interested to get theirs done. I thnk our bro Nothuman got them done on pro muscle first quite some time ago so it got me interested.

Embrace yourselves chaps...

Fasten your seatbelts ...

you are about to see Dorian part 2 freak genetics straight out from the dungeon, one in a million, the best of british right here on pro muscle !!!!!

ok that was a joke if you not figured it out already 😂😂 cos if I fucking looked like my countryman Dorian I would not be bothering with this Einsteining gene testing shit, would you lol ?

I am going to post individual sections as they lay out copy and paste data with heading of what it is. I will be cutting out the fluffy novice & some useless stuff (like what is protein ? as this is pro muscle lol ) & will just focus on my results. Hopefully we can have a good discussion on it and others can learn too and if they wish can get it tested. More then anything its fun stuff.

I will post them one by one as I get to them.. Thanks u all in advance.

so letss gooo....

ACTION BLUEPRINT - TRAINING STRATEGIES

FREQUENCY LEVEL - ADVANCED

You should aim to hit each major muscle group once every five to seven days. An example would be a 5-day split where you train a muscle group extremely hard once a week, allowing it to have a long recovery period before hitting it again the following week.

VOLUME

Your gene variants indicate that, to build strength and increase lean muscle mass, you should respond well to a low-volume form of resistance/strength training.

STRENGTH TRAINING

Your genetic results indicate that you will achieve continual strength gains from most forms of resistance training.

It is not necessary for you to periodize your strength training compared to other genetic variants. However, introducing new training styles into your regimen can aid in overcoming training plateaus.

HIIT AND CARDIO

Your results indicate that you have a lower-than-average tendency to store body fat. You can avoid fat-loss plateaus with a consistent and effective exercise routine.

If your goal is to cut or burn excess body fat then the introduction of HIIT into your training plan would be highly beneficial. Implementing 2—3 HIIT sessions (25—35 minutes each) each week will help spike your metabolic rate and significantly reduce your body fat levels, in conjunction with a healthy diet.

Do not disregard traditional cardio from your training completely as it has multiple benefits, both physical and psychological.

Nutrition Strategies

protein to prevent overeating ?

Based on your genes, you are at a lower risk of overeating. Thus, for you there is no special need to spread your protein consumption throughout the day to control overeating. However, it is still generally a good thing have 20-30 grams of protein per meal.

SATURATED FAT

Saturated fat or saturated fatty acids (SFA) are the most controversial type of fat when it comes to making recommendations in regards to their consumption. Saturated fat intake in some studies has been associated with the risk of developing various diseases including cardiovascular disease, obesity, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. However, there is a lot of debate amongst scientists about how strong these associations really are, whether they truly exist and whether the guidelines for limiting SFA intake to 10-12% of total daily calories are correct.

The amount of saturated fat someone should consume is likely to depend on a number of different factors. It is likely that a physically active and healthy person does not need to overly limit their saturated fat intake while a sedentary and unhealthy person does. The genetic variations you have are also likely to impact the effect saturated fat consumption has on your health.

These are the most controversial type of fats.
Most dietary guidelines recommend not to have more than 10-12% of your daily calories from saturated fat.
However, whether high consumption of saturated fat on its self is linked to increased risk of cardiovascular disease is still under debate.
There are numerous factors which could influence whether consuming saturated fat will affect you negatively.
How active you are, the rest of your diet and your genetics will play some role in how much saturated fat you should consume. Below is your recommended saturated fat intake based on your genetics.

Me :-

Although your gene variations do not suggest you need to limit your saturated fat intake, you shouldn’t over consume it. If you are healthy and exercise 3 or more times a week we recommend limiting your saturated fat intake to 15-20% or less of your total daily calories. If you are not physically active and/or overweight or obese, your saturated fat intake should be lower (limit to 10-12% or lower of total daily calories).

Foods which are high in saturated fat include coconut oil, butter, fatty beef, lamb, pork, poultry with the skin, lard, full fat cream, whole milk and cheese.

Alternatives with lower amounts of saturated fats include lean cuts of meat, poultry without the skin, fish, reduced fat versions of milk and cream and oils/butters lower in saturated fat (vegetable oil, olive oil, almond butter, walnut butter etc.).

Mono Unsaturated Fats

These fats are considered beneficial for your health.
Mediterranean diets, associated with reduced cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk, are high in these sources of fat.
Good sources of monounsaturated fats are avocados, olive oil, seeds and some fish.
If you are trying to replace either saturated fat or omega-6 polyunsaturated fat in your diet then monounsaturated fat is a good choice.

POLYUNSATURATED FAT

The health effects of polyunsaturated fat or polyunsaturated fatty acids are normally described as beneficial/good, but depend on the type and the amount consumed. The two most studied types of polyunsaturated fats are omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. The only essential types that your body cannot synthesize by itself and must be provided by your diet are linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid) and alpha-linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid).

In the newest version of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans there are no upper limits for the total amount of polyunsaturated fat, and also for omega-6 and omega-3 fats individually.

However, most diets are plentiful in omega-6 fats and therefore linoleic acid but often lack enough omega-3 fats. Too much omega-6 fat can also interfere with omega-3 processing. A typical western diet has a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 of 15:1, whereas a ratio of 4:1 is considered most beneficial for health, especially for people with rheumatoid arthritis or asthma. Although a high omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is not directly linked to disease, is thought to put your body in a state where it is more prone to inflammation and circulation problems which in turn could lead to more serious health problems. There has not been a consensus amongst scientists about the importance of this ratio, and the amount of polyunsaturated fat someone can consume likely depends on factors including health, activity and genetic variations.

The health effects of polyunsaturated fat is influenced by the type and amount consumed.
There are two essential polyunsaturated fats: omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, and these need to be consumed as part of your diet.
The ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 may impact on your health. A ratio of 4:1 or less is a good target, this typically can be reached by reducing omega-6 or increasing omega-3 fatty acid consumption.
Your APOA5 gene result influences how much of your diet should be made up of the less beneficial omega-6 fatty acid.

Me :-

Based on your genetic variation, polyunsaturated omega-6 fats should make up less than 6% of your total daily calories. Many western diets are high in omega-6 fats and much of this can come from the oil we use to cook with or from processed food where it is routinely added. Vegetable oil, corn oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil and sesame oil are all high in omega-6 fats and their use should be limited. Some nuts including peanuts, almonds and especially walnuts are high in omega-6 and you should enjoy these as small snacks rather than consume in large quantities.

In contrast, the polyunsaturated fat omega-3 , is frequently under consumed . Food rich in omega-3 such as salmon, sardines, mackerel, fresh tuna, herring, halibut, flaxseed oil, walnuts or chia seeds and are recommended to be consumed twice a week. Alternatively you can supplement omega-3 daily with fish oil liquid or capsules) which is high in omega-3 fats (EPA/DHA). There are also omega-3 (EPA/DHA) supplements which are suitable for vegetarians (flaxseed and algal).

Genetic Insulin Function

We are not able to provide you with results for this topic.

I dont know why it says that. I will be contacting them son to find out why they are not able to provide me with results for this.

Lactose

Like the majority of the world's population, you are genetically lactose intolerant. This means you may have problems digesting lactose containing foods such as milk and other dairy products and therefore you might want to avoid them. However, you may still be able eat lactose if you have other genetic variations and/or the gut bacteria which allow you to digest it.

If you currently consume dairy and other lactose containing products without any ill effects we recommend you continue to do so. Stopping eating these products could lead to you losing your ability to digest lactose and missing out on the nutritional benefits of consuming milk and other dairy products which contain lactose.

It is possible for some people who are lactose intolerant to consume small amounts of lactose and they may also be able to tolerate larger amounts if they very gradually increase their consumption.

However, if you know you are lactose intolerant then obviously you want to avoid lactose containing food.

Please keep in mind if you can't consume milk or other dairy products you may not be getting enough of some essential nutrients such as phosphorus, magnesium and especially calcium. There is no need to worry though, as you can plenty calcium if you regularly consume dark, leafy greens (broccoli, kale, bok choy and collard greens), bone broths (these can be prepared then used in other dishes), figs, legumes, almonds, fortified breads, cereals, tofu, and seafood. You should also supplement with vitamin D3 (especially if you don't get much sun) to help with calcium absorption.

Being lactose intolerant will also prevent you from using protein supplements which are made from dairy sources such as whey. If you still want to take a protein supplement then you should consider vegan/vegetarian protein powders which have been produced from sources such as soy, hemp, rice and peas.

Caffeine

You are a slow metabolizer of caffeine so should remember that it can take up to 11.5 hours to clear your system. If you consume leafy green vegetables, you can increase the rate it is metabolized. This may affect how close to sleeping you can consume caffeine without it disrupting your sleep.

Pre-Workouts

You are a slow metabolizer of caffeine so should remember that it can take up to 11.5 hours to clear your system. If you consume leafy green vegetables, you can increase the rate it is metabolized. This may affect how close to sleeping you can consume caffeine without it disrupting your sleep.

Omega- 3

You have an increased risk of high blood triglycerides so the use of fish oil or other omega-3 supplements would be highly recommended, particularly if not consuming other sources of omega-3 regularly within your diet

Vitamin D

You have a greater risk of Vitamin D deficiency so ensuring you include adequate amounts within your diet is particularly important. Supplementation would also be recommended to help achieve this.

Folate

You have a low to medium risk of high homocysteine levels. You would benefit from taking folate supplements (L-methylfolate) to maintain your homocysteine levels within a healthy range.

L-methylfolate supplement dose: 400 micrograms per day would be sufficient.

PHYSIOLOGICAL STRATEGIES

Optimising Recovery

Your genetic profile indicates your post-workout recovery is a bit lower than average, and you have a moderate likelihood of sleep disturbance ( I fuckin have this I swear. I am nocturnal big time. They are spot on !!!) . You should pay extra attention to your recovery and may benefit from the strategies below, especially those regarding sleep advice.

Recovery is just as important as training and should be taken seriously. It involves replenishing nutrients, removal of metabolic by-products, and recovering from muscle damage. Three things matter for this: adequate nutrition, hydration and rest and sleep.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

GENERAL

Listen to your body. Having extra rest days or doing training at a lower level can boost your recovery, especially when your body gives you the signs it needs more rest.
Taking time to rest and eat after a training is important. Carefully consider how you plan your training and, if needed, make sure you bring your meals and hydration drinks with you.
Have an active cool down after training to bring down your heart rate, recover your muscles and help clearance of waste products.
Activities like hiking, light cycling/swimming or yoga can help you recover from heavier workouts.
Having a sport massage regularly - or alternatively using a foam roller for self-massage - releases muscle tightness or trigger points (knots in muscles) and improves recovery.

SLEEP ADVICE

Allow natural awakening.
Sleep in an optimal environment (dark, quiet, comfortable temperature).
If you have the chance, take midday naps for 10-20 min.
Stay away from caffeine within 6 to 8 hours (depending on your genotype) before bedtime.
Keep your stress levels low.
Avoid intense training sessions close to bedtime.

HYDRATION

Hydration is very important for optimal recovery. Good hydration is provided by liquids containing electrolytes (0.3-1.1 gram sodium per liter, depending on sweat loss) and carbohydrates (1.2 gram per kg body weight per hour of exercise), or a mixture of carbohydrates (0.8 gram per kg body weight) and proteins (at 0.4 gram per kg body weight per hour of exercise). They restore lost salt and replenish glycogen. Milk and chocolate milk are one of the best rehydration drinks following exercise.

NUTRITION
Having a varied and healthy diet helps to improve recovery. Check the advice at the nutritional strategies section to optimize your diet.

Blood flow and vasodilation

Vasodilation is the expansion of blood vessel diameter, which causes an increase in blood flow to the tissues that need oxygen or nutrients like glucose. Poor blood flow can cause cold hands and feet, muscle cramps and aching legs. Improving your blood flow is important for general health and well-being but can also improve muscle strength and performance by influencing the metabolism of hormones. Correct nutrition and use of appropriate supplements can increase vasodilation and benefit your exercise performance and health.

Your genetic profile affecting blood flow is pretty good, but you could improve it further by adopting some of these recommendations.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Exercise is the most powerful enhancer of vasodilatory capacity and blood flow, so make sure you are doing regular partaking in some physical activity.
Foods and drinks such as berries, dark chocolate, apples, teas, spinach and beetroot contain ingredients which are beneficial for improving blood flow. These should be incorporated into your diet.
Don’t consume excessive sodium. Aim for the recommended daily intake of between 4-6 grams of salt per day.
Take a high-strength, mercury-free fish oil supplement containing at least 250 mg EPA and 150 mg DHA. Reduce intake accordingly if you consume fatty fish regularly (at least 2 times a week).
Eating healthy fats improves blood flow. Sources such as flaxseed, walnut and soybean oils have to best ratio of omega-3:eek:mega-6.

Susceptibility to oxidative damage :-

Oxidative damage is caused by the formation of high levels of free radicals which cause damage or destruction of cells when there are insufficient antioxidants to limit this damage. Exercise produces free radicals but also can increase the amount of antioxidants present within the body. Genetics and nutrition along with exercise will impact upon your susceptibility to experience oxidative damage. Correct nutrition and regular exercise can help reduce the levels of damage that occurs.

You do not have an increased susceptibility to oxidative damage. Regularly exercise and a diet with a reasonable amount of fruit and vegetables should be adequate to avoid excessive oxidation.

Antioxidant nutrients are found in high quantities within green tea, coffee, whey protein and berries so the addition of such foods/drinks would be beneficial.

Ensure adequate zinc intake (at least 10 mg per day) within your diet too. Be aware that zinc shouldn’t be taken alongside calcium consumption as it can lower absorption of both minerals.

If you want to take antioxidant supplements (e.g. Vitamin C and E), avoid their use during training as these can inhibit the increases exercise causes to your natural antioxidant capacity.

Testosterone

We are not able to provide you with results for this topic.

I dont know why it says not able to provide results for test so I will be contacting them for this to find out whats the issue.

Last edited:
I hope you didn't pay much for that.

This is the first I've heard of this. I know that the labs my doctor ran on me a couple of years ago had genetic testing to check for predisposition to several health problems. Interesting.

Is there any place in particular you could recommend to learn more about this? Thanks

I love the concept, but wouldn't 98% of this apply to everyone? It did to me.

CG

CG

I love the concept too. I can see it being a thing for the future. Hey even now but with extensive testing done. Dev what you got looks like it could be applied to nearly everyone and is more of a general blueprint of how to get results in the gym. I do wonder just how much thought and effort they have gone into things for your testing. I know there are more extensive testing available and I am sure many of the top athletes have had it done ($). I know you like your bargains :D so did you see this on special offer on a fitness page online somewhere? I think anything that really delved deep is going to cost a fair amount. I guess you get what you pay for especially when it comes to something like this.

Have you ever had a food allergy test done? They are releatively cheap and can be fairly useful imo.

Interesting that you respond well to a low volume , low frequency type of routine.

Most people are usually one or the other , ie ; if they do low volume they will have a higher frequency and vice versa.

I would be willing to have this done just for shits n giggles. How much did this cost and what was the website you ordered it from?

Hold on my lovely bioscientists . there is more to it . this is jusy blue print. they test 40 plus genes . how many copies of what i have got.

will update later. in gym. Guantanamo Cisternino mode it is- back day. lets rip a tendon or two in the name of the mad Mike Quinn !! laters all

CG

Same here. We've only scratched the surface of what all the different genes actually do. I've read quite a bit about the subject and the geneticists admit that everything they learn just raises more questions at this point. Interesting stuff though.

I'm not saying it is, but the whole thing sounds like a copy/paste from some article from bodybuilding.com

Just average stuff that anyone who's opened a M&F or Flex magazine knows.

You sure it's legit?

ok guys so here it is . 41 gene results. each green bar is a gene & if i click on it it shows how many copies of it i carry etc & what it does.

ok these are from oxford educated scientists & professors. this is all they do 24/7/365. I don't think they going to bs with this. imagine someone catches them bullshitting they gone. scientists have their pride in research & they do it cos its their passion. They love it. I doubt it very seriously that they are going to fuck around here.

let me see a way to copy & paste here.. they make it bit difficult to extract info so guys don't plaster them all over the web. may be they like to keep the results on their website. not sure. please bare with me. thanks

Attachments

• 1463876754455.jpg
    1463876754455.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
I'm not saying it is, but the whole thing sounds like a copy/paste from some article from bodybuilding.com

You sure it's legit?

hang on Allex.. hang on mate..

the roid rage of my pro muscle family...

everyone just put that pin down..n relax & breath lol

i will find a way to copy all of this in here.. give me some time.. few days max

As many of you know, I had this done too. I'm impressed Dev that you have the patience to copy all of that lol. It's a TON of stuff. I can't really say I've changed much based on my results, but it's still good to know and pretty interesting. It also makes me scoff whenever I see posts from people saying matter of fact-ly how you HAVE to train or how you HAVE to eat for whatever goals. That test proves we are all different human beings.

You sure it's legit?

This is absolutely 100% false

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner