Tips for keeping your waist tight

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
Over the years of bulking and large meals my stomach distention has become a real issue for me. I know it's a real issue for many especially bodybuilders who push the size factor and you see it so much on stage today. Over the years I have picked up some tips so I figured I would share them incase anyone could benefit. Obviously no matter what you do if you push the size your waist is going to grow as well. For many men the waist grows faster than other areas and there is no avoiding it. But there can be balance and there are ways you can minimize things.

- Eat foods that you digest well. Many of us eat foods that cause gas and bloating so obviously try to find which foods do this to you and eliminate them from your diet.

- Food allergy tests are one way of finding out the above and can be very accurate but you will also need to find certain foods yourself.

- Sensible food volume. Even if the calories are relatively low for certain foods if you are eating 2kg of broccoli per day for example to fill you up the volume alone can cause distention.

- Calorie dense foods when bulking. This leads on from the above. As long as you can digest them well getting in quality calorie dense foods can be a good approach.

- Greens and sufficient fibre. Both will enable you to digest food easier and contribute positively to your overall gut health. For fibre I like to use psyllium husk at 10g pre bed and 10g in the morning. For greens I like spinach, kale and asparagus etc. I sometimes use green powders for this purpose too. I currently use a mix of fruit and green powders and add moringa and extra acai powders.

- Drink liquids between meals. This had helped me so much with my stomach digestion. I have most of my fluids between meals and only a small amount with food. It enables your stomach acid to digest food faster amongst many things.

- Digestive enzymes. These have been great for me as well. They are especially good when having higher calorie or even cheat meals too. I would add GDA's to this list when having larger carb meals too. I like the following...
General- NOW Foods Super Enzymes
High Fat- Ox Bile
High Protein- Bromelain
High Carb- GDA (many good brands)

- Stomach Vaccums. These help signifcantly but you have to be consistent. I would be holding in for up to 30 secs and repeating for 5 sets. I would do this a few times per day if possible.

- Wearing a belt. I personally need to do this one more but it's one of the best tips. Keep your waist tight especially when training. I would use throughout training but especially trying big lifts such as deadlifts, squats, rows, leg press etc. Belt or waist trainers could be used at home or throughout the day under clothes as well if you compete and really need your waist to come in.

- Adequate pre/probiotic (and fermented food) intake. Raw artichokes, garlic, onion and leeks are good sources of pre biotics. For pro-biotics I would recommend kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha and happy cider vinegar. There are also very good supplements on the market such as the Renew Life brand.

- Avoid strong orals that cause gastrointestinal stress. Anything drugs you take that cause stomach pains or bloating try to avoid.

- Keep your liver healthy. This carries on from the above and keeping your liver health is vital. I would avoid toxic compounds and drink lot's of water. Lemon water is a very good for cleansing your system. I also recommend the liver protector synthergine.

- Intermittent fasting is a great way to get your waist down. Going without food for a period of time will flatten your waist. Obviously any calorie deficit will help significantly but even with maintenance calories fasting can help a lot. It will keep insulin sensitivity heightened amongst many things.

- Avoid drugs that bloat you. Common sense really and anything that fills you up with 10 pounds of water is not gonna be good for your waist. I notice higher doses of certain brands of hgh and mk-677 can do this for me. Controlling aromatization on cycle can come into this as well as it will contribute to the prevention of any unwanted fat gain.

- Body weight exercises to keep your abs and lower back strong. Ab training can help you shrink your waist if you keep the resistance low. I recommend planks, side planks, broomstick twists etc.

- Never get too fat in the off season. Stretching your waist out every off season just to diet it back down is never the best approach for guys who already have big waists. Try to remain relatively lean even when gaining muscle. Yes to grow optimally you need to soften up but there needs to be balance.

- Metformin has been good for me in tightening up my waist in the past. It will improve insulin sensitivity so that's only a good thing. Even just 500mg pre bed could help matters.

- Try to be happy and stress free.

Obviously effective dieting will do wonders for your waist but the above are just some tips for people to make sure you are covering all bases.

This post has been up here before, right? Anyway i really like it. Some of the points made a big difference for me. Especially finding food that suit my body and drinking mainly between meals and not with.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

This post has been up here before, right? Anyway i really like it. Some of the points made a big difference for me. Especially finding food that suit my body and drinking mainly between meals and not with.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

No it's the first time I have ever posted it in it's entirety. Various topics have been mentioned many times in the past on here though. I have posted about waist trainers, metformin etc etc in the past. Fermented foods get mentioned quite a lot. I got that tip about the fluids from an Ameen Alai video and have posted about it in the past as well. This is just a round up of everything on the top of me head I have come across that has made a noticeable difference to my waist.

Last edited:
Wow man. This is great.

Worried about fiber and nutrient absorption

Wow man. This is great.

Worried about fiber and nutrient absorption

Fiber is an area I could improve in but I still ok. I have psyllium husk as I posted but regularly miss a serving. Just maintaining that with my other stuff is good enough for me. Although I have been trying to have 1 serving of lentils per day which is about 15g fibre. I have oats at least once per day. I need to start eating more things like arthichokes or split peas etc. Greens is the one area I could do better but been having more recently. Things are fine though and since I bought my new blender I have been having a lot of apples and spinach which are both good sources of fibre. I would recommend a good digestive enzyme for the absorption of foods. The NOW foods one has been good for me and covers all bases. GDA's can be great with carb meals and the one I am using now is slin by EA.

My love handles fucking protrude, thanks big El.

I’ve started to think it’s because of how I wear my jeans, I wear my belt tight and they protrude just above that. Like noticeably stick out, I’ve worn it like that for years so I’m thinking it happened over time.

Last edited:
I think the extreme cases of wide or narrow waists comes down to body structure, endo vs ecto makes a big impact here.

I’ve started to think it’s because of how I wear my jeans, I wear my belt tight and they protrude just above that. Like noticeably stick out, I’ve worn it like that for years so I’m thinking it happened over time.
Hi FrancisK. Is your love handles muscular? Or fat? If muscular, do you think the belt was the cause or other factors. Do you do exercise that affect your love handles? Thank you in advance.
Take care.
MS

Great share e ...like all you shared ....i m big twists...and vacumes daily ....as were all the 70s guys.....but agree no way guys can be as big as they really have to be these days with out eventually hurting your shape and waist line ...not all ,but most people only look good to a certain point ...then the added size take away from the flow of their body ....i still liked Phil health better at like 215 .....at 245 he destroyed his amazing flow ....freaky muscle and condition...eventually all that size comes with a price ....but great advice......have enjoyed your shares as of late very much.

i m big twists...and vacumes daily ....as were all the 70s guys....

:yeahthat:

Not daily though it really couldn't hurt, :) but I'll hit vacuums at the end of every ab/obliques/lower back workout, and that's three times a week for me.

Since these are typically the muscles I won't use anything but bodyweight, there's really no need to go to the gym to perform this routine... the quietude of your home is by far the best place, also in my case for I tend to REALLY insist on muscle contraction when it comes to the waist... and to achieve this kind of focus, you definitely need to avoid any possible source of mental pollution, ie not be disturbed by some annoying external environment... the famous mind-muscle connaxion. :p

So I light up candles, turn some relaxing music on and I'm ready for 1h of waist work. :)

On a side note, practicing breathing exercises being one of the best way to naturally reduce anxiety, just 10 mins of vacuuming will yield a profound feeling of internal peace... something to think about for those whose stress levels seem out of control. ;)

Last edited:
I track everything I eat. So at the end of the day if I don't have the amount of fiber in that I want....I take a fiber supplement. Generally it's 10 grams or less though when I need it.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Keeping cortisol and stress at reasonable levels seems to have a big effect on my waist as well. If I am under a lot of stress, from any source, or not getting enough sleep my waist protrudes and I bloat easily. Some inflammation is necessary to grow, but too much and your cortisol levels rise and then the waist size goes up and you get more of a belly.

No matey you are just fat ;):p I don't know... it could definitely add to things. That may just be one of the first places for you to store body fat. Genetics always comes into play. I would need to see a pic to know. I am similar and my lover handles are like that. Although it's probably not as bad as you think from the back but I also have thick love handles especially when I am what I would call my general bodyfat. If you get down to 7% bf for example I am sure they will be gone.

Elvia, what are your thoughts on waist trainers?

They can be super effective. Although for them you get what you put in. I have never used one consistently but I know they work. You only have to look at some of the burlesque models to know they work. Certain women have shrunk their waists to a ridiculous size wearing corsets etc. Obviously that is the extreme of things and not healthy. But if you keep your waist tight for large parts of the day it will only help. There are a few tops pro's I have seen wearing them to shrink their waists as well. Roelly comes to mind of one BB who used one to get his waist down for shows.

I think the extreme cases of wide or narrow waists comes down to body structure, endo vs ecto makes a big impact here.

Of course. It should really go without saying. Genetics plays a massive role in everything. Two guys could be may be on similar diets and both weight 250 and one has a 32 inch waist and the other a 42 inch waist. The point of my post is no matter what your genetics are there are ways to shrink (or make it appear smaller) your waist through improved digestion and exercise etc. I have naturally very wide hips and this is why I have a wider waist but by controlling the distention I can dramatically change my look.

I forgot one obvious tip that all will know. Obviously the bigger and wider you make your shoulders and lats the smaller your waist will look. The key is balance though as many in the pursuit of that added growth will blow out their waist even much. That's why training is the main area to do this and concentrating on movements such as lateral raises, lat pulldowns, pull ups and seated low/high rows etc. SEO can also come into play and site injecting your delts and lats to add to the effect.

Great share e ...like all you shared ....i m big twists...and vacumes daily ....as were all the 70s guys.....but agree no way guys can be as big as they really have to be these days with out eventually hurting your shape and waist line ...not all ,but most people only look good to a certain point ...then the added size take away from the flow of their body ....i still liked Phil health better at like 215 .....at 245 he destroyed his amazing flow ....freaky muscle and condition...eventually all that size comes with a price ....but great advice......have enjoyed your shares as of late very much.

Exactly and thank you. As you know it's all about size these days. You could probably pick many bodybuilders today and say they looked better 5-15 years ago when they were smaller. Phil Heath and Branch Warren are perfect examples. Obviously everyone has different tastes though. But many get to a point and they look perfect but they need more size to compete today so they push it and with pushing their bodies out of their comfort zones comes more muscle size but another 2-5 inches around their waist as a result.

:yeahthat:
So I light up candles, turn some relaxing music on and I'm ready for 1h of... :)

Matey we are talking about reducing waist size here so I think your mind drifted off. Incidentally you could probably film your next set of "waist work" and sell it on here. I know Dev will definitely buy it ;):D

do u have some before and after pics that show your improvements?
and u keep saying u have wide hips but they dont look like that at all in yr pics, unless your shoulders are extra wide.
i think all tight waists come down to is fat. thats it. lose outer and inner fat and voila. my waist was 31.5 when i was skinny and 190 but at 235 it was 36 and i got called out on my love handles. they snuck up on me.
wait. i should put pics up showin how bad it got. but its embarassing.
4000 cals a day ruined me on my quest for size.

Recently been doing things to keep the waist tight such as planks in the morning after fasted cardio, vacuums, and wearing my belt during cardio on the treadmill. One thing I've been considering is a waist trainer throughout the day.

Anyone have a recommendations on some?

I think I’m quite lucky with waste size when I diet down. It goes down to 30 inch and even below. When I bulk up I can get Upto about 34 or so.

But it’s something that always seems to go down on me when I diet real easy

do u have some before and after pics that show your improvements?
and u keep saying u have wide hips but they dont look like that at all in yr pics, unless your shoulders are extra wide.
i think all tight waists come down to is fat. thats it. lose outer and inner fat and voila. my waist was 31.5 when i was skinny and 190 but at 235 it was 36 and i got called out on my love handles. they snuck up on me.
wait. i should put pics up showin how bad it got. but its embarassing.
4000 cals a day ruined me on my quest for size.

Rushing to the gym now but just noticed this post. I tend not to post pics of my waist looking bad for obvious reasons. Even when it has been distended if I am gonna post a pic I will tense etc to keep it tight. I honestly could have shocked you how bad mine can get. If I eat something like pizza I look 6 months pregnant. I will see what I can find later. I might have some old pics on my phone somewhere so will check but I tend to delete them to free up memory.

I have sent a random pic to Dev once as we chat off the forum and he was surprised. He also struggles with bloating etc. Hell I could even post a pic of me now relaxed to show you so if I can't find one I will do that. I am bulking up now but will be following all my tips above whilst I do so and as always will post updated pics.

I think I am probably wider than you think. You know my better pics and even I thought after taking them wow my waist looks quite small it is easily 36 inches+. Right now my waist is probably 40 inches but I will have to measure it. The smallest pants I have taken were 36 inches for many years. My hips are very wide as well. My gf is always telling me cos she her legs hurt when she is on top :D

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws