over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Preventing getting fat while bulking

thedonker

Registered
OK I feel like a big fat fucking fuck right now, I am bulking but I really hate getting fat while gaining it makes me feel and look like shit, I still gain muscle pretty easy but along comes the fat to sit on top. Don't get me wrong my diet is pretty good at 5-6000kcal and training in order as I am seeing nice gains, but my genetics piss me off. Lean gaining I see results but too slowly. The way my head is right now I am ready to diet down again.

Anyone have any simple little secrets they would like to share, bearing in mind I won't be adding any sort of fat burner or T3 ( although the sythtek stuff I have not used and I have been considering )

eat like a 300 pounder and do cardio like a guy thats 7%.

timing your nutrients is very important as well.

carb cutoffs and seperating fats/carbs is a good way to add extra cals without the fat to.

bulking slow is really the only thing that has worked for me to accomplish what you are talking about. DC's thread called "cycles for pennies" was a wonderfull guide for this. I think in general people just pour on the coal durring a cycle trying to put on 20lbs in 10 weeks. Yeah you can do it, but you won't look pretty in the end.

Last edited:
I followed a link ot the DC article you mentioned, it was 600 pages long? I am not sure it was the actual article, rather posts regarding the idea I will re read it when I have the time. Thanks for the info, it seems patients are in order for me rather than the quick bulk :)

I followed a link ot the DC article you mentioned, it was 600 pages long? I am not sure it was the actual article, rather posts regarding the idea I will re read it when I have the time. Thanks for the info, it seems patients are in order for me rather than the quick bulk :)

Not for nothing, if you have the time to train, eat, sleep, shit and post on this message board, you have time to read through DC's information, which will detail his plan down to the T. Take a few days off from boards, and read the damned thing already! LOL. If you really want it, TAKE IT - it's right there in front of you! (Said in a friendly, motivating tone...)

can some one post a link to DC's article?

Do cardio
Separate carbs/fats in meals
Cut carbs after 6 or so
Take supplements that promote insulin sensitivity
Consume a lot of green tea throughout the day
7-keto-dhea
thermogenic like lipo-6

Last edited:
Also, although I've never used them (yet), I've heard great things about Synthetek's syntheselen and synthetine.

Also, although I've never used them (yet), I've heard great things about Synthetek's syntheselen and synthetine.
Very good products, what you have heard is correct!!!

Donker,
try a high protein High fat diet. Very low carbs!! you will grow on that and stay lean.

Not for nothing, if you have the time to train, eat, sleep, shit and post on this message board, you have time to read through DC's information, which will detail his plan down to the T. Take a few days off from boards, and read the damned thing already! LOL. If you really want it, TAKE IT - it's right there in front of you! (Said in a friendly, motivating tone...)

Yes I will make my way through it, along with all you mentioned I also look after my son 3 days a week and work!!! I am still so motivated though :)

OLDFELLA

I am going to change things up. I would like to know how the Synthetek product may assist while trying to gain, I am short on info on both, I just keep hearing how good they are.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I am feeling much better now, I just got a little bloated and started to feel I was getting fatter and decided to have a whine. I am in no doubt that unlike some I gain fat while bulking, I do put it down to the genetics, I do gain when low carb but very slowly, which is not what I train so hard for.

Good thread we had over at MM recently.
**broken link removed**

Another good one:
**broken link removed**

Another good one:
**broken link removed**

For someone who weighs 270 and beyond you can see they eat about 5500-6000 cals.
That's a lot of eating.

I think people need to eat a surplus of complex foods and not junk and they will be fine "over eating" as long as it is from foods like chicken, lean beef, pots rice, salads, veggies EFA's and NOT junk food.

This calorie is a calories BS is just that BS.
and bigtime for amny on this oard who aren't part of the genetic elite like the PROS who can bulk and stay somewhat lean. see Ronnie at 310 abs and veins everywhere, Jay has abs and intercostals and lean looking year round at 290.
Victor and Phil Heath freaks too that recently "bulked" to 275-280 and still had abs and thigh cuts.

The problem comes in with younger bb'ers-good food is expensive, fast food is quick and dense with shit calories and takes less discipline to eat.
I lived off tuna and rice and oodles of noodles for 3-4 years in college on my broke ass and competed 2-3 times a year towards the end.

Train hard, do anabolic cardio, and don't eat so much shit food, depending on your metabolism cut your carbs at night.

Eat protein/fat protein/carb meals veggies can be thrown in there as well as protein/veggie at night.

Eat proteins first then veggies and carbs and or fats.

I think people need to eat a surplus of complex foods and not junk and they will be fine "over eating" as long as it is from foods like chicken, lean beef, pots rice, salads, veggies EFA's and NOT junk food.

This calorie is a calories BS is just that BS.
Well, I would say that it's hard to overeat "clean" foods which is why it seems you can eat more of it and not get as fat. Sometimes going on a precontest diet it may seem you are eating more even if calories are less.

But, let's say we have two bodybuilders, identical twins, both in bulk mode and eating 450 grams of protein, 500 grams of carbs and the same amount of fats. One gets him carbs from dextrose (sugar) while the other from brown rice (complex "clean carb"). In this situation the fat gain would be indistiguishable between the two IMO. Same if one cut his carb intake at night while the other ate carbs evenly through the day until bed time.

Like Milos once said, he ate cake or whatever when cutting and people wondered why, he said it doesn't matter if I control my macros and calorie intake.

So in a sense a calorie is a calorie, somewhat simplified (since you need to control your macros). All this "clean eating" stuff is just largely calorie control. Try overeating brown rice. :D

What I'm saying is that if you have a pretty good handle on your protein intake, carb intake and fat intake and all these are sufficient (especially the protein) and you are putting on too much fat you probably need to eat less calories.

I'm with Killerstack on this one

I completely agree Killerstack. Maybe the carb/protein and protein/fats method of eating would work... STEELE

using glucophage at night helps A TON!!!

what are macros. can u give me some examples of controling macros and cals.
what i mean by that is what would a day of eating while keeping those 2 things in mind.

thanks

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity